Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

lego minifig 3 pic

Though we don't cover them in detail on FBTB, we all still love our Castle, Pirates, and Space LEGO too.

Re: lego minifig 3 pic

Postby Mister Ed » Thu Nov 18, 2010 3:20 pm

Old computer tech, eh? Seems like that would either mean it was magnetically encoded (possible, with the metallic bags, but hard to see how a consumer could use it- or why Lego wouldn't just subject all the boxes to a magnetic field after packaging to wipe said code), or we're looking at some kind of punch card-type code, which would have had to have been pretty small for me not to notice it on the packages I got.

When I get home, I will examine them more closely...
Mister Ed

Postby cas » Thu Nov 18, 2010 5:58 pm

After looking over the packaging, I couldn't find any obvious way to identify them, other than by feel. However, I did notice very minuscule indentations on the bottom of the packaging (the bottom seal). There appears to be a consistency to these markings.

Anyway, I ended up carefully grabbing 10 from different areas of a box, I wound up with:

3 gorilla suit guys
2 cyborgs
2 luau girls
1 snowboarder
1 sumo
1 elf

A couple of notes, my elf's ears are distinctly yellow and, as has been stated, there are no extra parts.

Edit: And, I'm a little late to the indentation party, at least it corroborates!
Last edited by cas on Thu Nov 18, 2010 6:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
cas
Staff Writer

Postby that guy » Thu Nov 18, 2010 6:00 pm

I've started a new thread stating the process I discovered for deciphering the packaging since it seemed a moot point here now.
viewtopic.php?f=19&t=4904
that guy

Postby Robzula » Thu Nov 18, 2010 6:44 pm

Is this series having a small of a run as the first two, or were they able to get a bigger production for this series?
Robzula
Staff Writer

Postby GrayMattR » Thu Nov 18, 2010 9:53 pm

r4-g9 wrote:there're out! http://tinyurl.com/26johaf

I don't know the guy who bought 11 boxes :shock: and had never even heard of him before seeing his BrickCon speech on YouTube a few weeks or so ago. It seemed unfair while watching the speech but it's now confirmed after reading his blog post that he's a total :facepalm:
GrayMattR

Postby Blacknight » Thu Nov 18, 2010 10:24 pm

What is that guy even going to do with all those figs? Seems like a waste of money. These made in China figures aren't even that good quality. It's not even like an army building situation since the figures are all so different.

Is it just the Lego brand name that has gotten him so excited it looks like he won the lottery? If we're going to start freaking out with excitement about the latest batch of cheap Chinese plastic, I got far more excited by these new Cobi Battle of Tannenberg collectible figures: http://www.cobi.pl/pl/zabawki/klocki/gr ... t4226.html

I only mention a clone brand, to say that if someone has lots of money burning a hole in their pocket, there's an infinite number of cool things to buy even in the world of building toys, without having to buy 11 cases of the same thing.
Blacknight

Postby Jargon » Fri Nov 19, 2010 1:03 am

Maybe you should wait and see what he does with the figs before you decide he's stupid for buying them. Just a thought.
Jargon

Postby Mister Ed » Fri Nov 19, 2010 6:29 am

cas wrote:my elf's ears are distinctly yellow

So that means I've got a defective elf? Bummer. I doubt customer service will send me a replacement hairpiece. :'(

(I've sent an e-mail to customer service. I'm not hopeful, but we'll see what they say.)
Mister Ed

Postby Jargon » Fri Nov 19, 2010 10:19 am

My elf's ears are yellow, but it's easy to miss. It's really just a yellow line around the cut-out outline of the ear.
That's not a complaint, mind you. I think it does a great job of suggesting ears without getting too detailed.
Jargon

Postby Mister Ed » Fri Nov 19, 2010 11:00 am

To be honest, it looks fine even without any yellow. I just thought I'd see if there was any possibility of getting the CORRECT one, which probably looks a BIT better.
Mister Ed

Postby Jargon » Fri Nov 19, 2010 12:41 pm

I've put up pictures and thoughts for each minifigure.
Edit: I've added several alternate shots to show off specific details.
Last edited by Jargon on Fri Nov 19, 2010 1:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jargon

Postby Mister Ed » Fri Nov 19, 2010 12:47 pm

Blast, the Elf looks quite a bit better with the ears painted yellow. I wonder how prevalent my unpainted defective hairpiece is?
Mister Ed

Postby r4-g9 » Fri Nov 19, 2010 4:49 pm

Mister Ed wrote:Blast, the Elf looks quite a bit better with the ears painted yellow. I wonder how prevalent my unpainted defective hairpiece is?

could you post a picture of your defective hairpeice?
r4-g9

Postby Mister Ed » Fri Nov 19, 2010 5:10 pm

I'll try. I'll have to be sneaky, as these are supposed to be stocking stuffers, and this time of year the kids are VERY curious about anything unusual I might be doing...

But essentially it is exactly the same as the normal hairpiece, except the ears are unpainted- the same color as the rest of the hair...
Mister Ed

Postby Mister Ed » Sat Nov 20, 2010 9:40 am

OK,this is embarrassing. Apparently my Elf hairpiece is perfectly fine. However, in the dull, rainy, early-dark evenings here in Oregon, and the lighting in by bedroom (where Christmas items hide), it was literally IMPOSSIBLE to distinguish the yellow paint on the ears. Even now, knowing that it is there, I STILL can't see it. It was only when I decided that I would need better light to attempt a photo that I finally discovered that it is, in fact, normal.

It will be even more embarrassing if LEGO actually sends me a new one. I submitted a request via the website, and am not sure how to rescind it (the email I got cannot be replied to). At this point I'm kind of hoping that, like I had heard with other Series, they don't replace bits from these.
Mister Ed

Postby Mister Ed » Tue Nov 23, 2010 6:22 am

Well, I did get an e-mail stating that they couldn't replace the part, so I was able to tell them that I didn't really need it. I did take the opportunity to tell them that I don't think it is legitimate to use the blind nature of these as and excuse to forfeit all responsibility for the quality of their product. I said that someday there WILL be a REAL issue (if there hasn't already), and for them to essentially tell a customer at that point, "Sorry, just go buy some more and HOPE you get one that's right. We're unwilling to stand behind the quality of this product" is not really acceptable, and is a HUGE departure from TLG's usually stellar customer service. If they are THAT afraid of fraud, they could require the return of the defective part, but I would think that just tracking requests from the same address (and refusing to replace an entire minifig, but only the piece that is defective) would be enough to limit fraud sufficiently.
Mister Ed

Previous

Return to Original Themes