Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

lego minifig 3 pic

Though we don't cover them in detail on FBTB, we all still love our Castle, Pirates, and Space LEGO too.

Re: lego minifig 3 pic

Postby Skafte » Tue Oct 26, 2010 2:38 pm

I bat, sorry, I bet many of us on this side of the pond would gladly swap elfs (or others) for those guys with brännbollsträn, as we call them over here. One or two, yes, but I don't see the European appeal for Baseball pitch MOCs...
Brick me!
Skafte

Postby GIR3691 » Sat Nov 06, 2010 12:54 pm

Eurobricks (via username grogall) has a picture of Series 3 from Japan, seemingly non-confidential.

So we've got:
Samurai Warrior- new torso, leg and head prints, Samurai armor in dark bley, newer katana in black
Elf- New head, torso, leg, shield prints, new blond hairpiece with elf ears
Fisherman- New torso, head prints, cap in dark blue, fish in sand green(?), new fishing rod(?), new beard
Space Alien - lime green Space Police head, gold laser gun, trans purple 1x3 bar, new torso print
Space Villain (cyborg)- black Space Police helmet black, black laser gun, new head and torso print, trans red 1x3 bar, new color pirate legs
Mummy- new face, torso, arm, leg prints, dark red scorpion
Tennis Player- new face, torso, leg prints, dark red nurse hairpiece, tennis racket
Baseball Player- new torso, face, hip prints, baseball bat, printed new red cap
Gorilla- New gorilla headpiece, new torso, head(?) prints
Tribal Chief- New print Indian headdress, new head, torso, leg prints
Sumo Wrestler- new head, torso prints, new hairpiece with bun, trophy in brown (dark orange?)
Race Car Driver- New head, torso, helmet prints
Snowboarder- Pink helmet, new face, torso, leg prints, snowboard
Hula Dancer- New head, torso prints, Elsa (IJ) hair in black, brown unprinted maracas, grass skirt
Rapper- new head, torso prints, boom box, printed new baseball cap, gold tipped microphone
Pilot- New torso, head prints, dark tan backpack
Last edited by GIR3691 on Sun Nov 07, 2010 5:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
>>[email protected] <<
GIR3691
Staff Writer

Postby Mister Ed » Sun Nov 07, 2010 5:06 pm

GIR3691 wrote:Fisherman- New torso, head prints, cap in dark blue, fish in sand green(?), new fishing rod(?)

The beard isn't a new mold? I don't remember seeing it before. It looks great for a REAL Santa beard, instead of the extra long one they always seem to use to disguise the lack of torso printing. Maybe we'll get a decent Santa minifig in a future series?
Mister Ed

Postby GIR3691 » Sun Nov 07, 2010 5:25 pm

Oops. Fixed.
>>[email protected] <<
GIR3691
Staff Writer

Postby r4-g9 » Wed Nov 17, 2010 12:40 pm

Last edited by Draykov on Wed Nov 17, 2010 5:16 pm, edited 6 times in total.
r4-g9

Postby cas » Wed Nov 17, 2010 1:58 pm

I like how that guy who bought hordes of the figures says to blame Lego if they're hard to get. Yeah, 'cause you had nothing to do with it Mr. I Bought Six Boxes At One Store. Clean conscious on that one.
cas
Staff Writer

Postby Mister Ed » Wed Nov 17, 2010 2:21 pm

I just got what I hope was a full set at Fred Meyer on SE Glisan St. in Portland, OR.
I had to ask, and they brought it out from the back. They were still $1.99 apiece.
If it helps anybody, the UPC is:

Mister Ed

Postby r4-g9 » Wed Nov 17, 2010 2:23 pm

r4-g9

Postby ccjwprongs » Wed Nov 17, 2010 3:05 pm

I could be wrong, having not checked against existing pieces, but does that elf have a slightly new bow mold? I don't remember the curved ends in any of the bows I have.
Neeeooowwwwww
ccjwprongs

Postby Jargon » Wed Nov 17, 2010 3:23 pm

r4-g9 and Draykov, the issue with the link is that it contains a word this forum censors. Try this.
Jargon

Postby Draykov » Wed Nov 17, 2010 5:17 pm

Nice catch/work-around. Thanks, Jargon!
Hail Space!
Draykov

Postby Mister Ed » Thu Nov 18, 2010 9:12 am

I was very happy with these, with only a couple minor disappointments. One, the goggles on my snowboarder are extremely loose, and simply flop down most of the time. And two, the elf, in the photos, very clearly had yellow ears on the hairpiece, but in reality it does not. There are some ear-like shapes molded in, but they are the same color as the hair.

I can confirm, though, that two of them do have printing on the back of the torso. One is the zipper on the Gorilla's back (I was pleased to confirm that the Gorilla head DOES fit on over a regular head, that is sweating profusely), the other is the mummy, which has bandages printed on the back.

I also noted that there were NO extra pieces this time around. So hopefully the quality control is sufficient that people aren't missing any of the smaller bits.
Mister Ed

Postby that guy » Thu Nov 18, 2010 12:57 pm

There's a code sheet out for these now on Ebay. I had a link but pulled it so I wasn't promoting it. But it's there.
Last edited by that guy on Thu Nov 18, 2010 1:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
that guy

Postby Mister Ed » Thu Nov 18, 2010 1:01 pm

I am very skeptical of this. There are NO individual barcodes, and I'm not sure what else one could use, other than feeling the packages. I think somebody is trying to scam people. But I'll look more closely at my packages when I get home, and if I find something, I'll save you the money of buying this off Ebay. :D
Mister Ed

Postby that guy » Thu Nov 18, 2010 1:03 pm

Mister Ed wrote:I am very skeptical of this. There are NO individual barcodes, and I'm not sure what else one could use, other than feeling the packages. I think somebody is trying to scam people. But I'll look more closely at my packages when I get home, and if I find something, I'll save you the money of buying this off Ebay. :D

I bought it before I posted here (since I deal with a lot of these things) and it works. It's a bit hard to use but I got used to it after a bit. I know it sounds scammy but you'll see in time it's legit. I'm sure his secret won't stay for long. Lego won't be happy about this either I'm sure.
that guy

Postby Jargon » Thu Nov 18, 2010 1:32 pm

While I could understand your not wanting to give away the secret you just shelled out thirty bucks for, could you at least tell us what it's based on? It seems hard to take these claims seriously without at least a basis for them.
Jargon

Postby that guy » Thu Nov 18, 2010 2:04 pm

Jargon wrote:While I could understand your not wanting to give away the secret you just shelled out thirty bucks for, could you at least tell us what it's based on? It seems hard to take these claims seriously without at least a basis for them.

Thanks for understanding. :x I can tell you that the way it's coded it's a blind code and it must take a special machine from Lego to read (at any kinds of speed) and isn't in any way based on the barcodes. All I can say is it's based on one of the oldest computer technologies in existence. So old in fact most people probably don't know what it is.
that guy

Postby onions » Thu Nov 18, 2010 2:14 pm

you might as well spill it. even you admit the secret won't stay that way for long. what's the point of hanging onto the info? unless of course you're the ebay seller.
onions
Founder
Founder

Postby Daz Hoo » Thu Nov 18, 2010 2:39 pm

If you spent thirty bucks for it, you got scammed because he now sells this cheat for approx. 10 bucks...

Like Ace says, you might as well spill it out before what you bought becomes valueless. Besides, I heard that series 3 isn't supposed to be out and that the stores who did start to sell them jumped the gun and that LEGO isn't too happy about it...
Daz Hoo

Postby Pepa Quin » Thu Nov 18, 2010 2:53 pm

onions wrote:unless of course you're the ebay seller.
Kind of what I was thinking. A quick search found the auctions, so even if he isn't posting the link he's bringing attention to it.
"Stupid is a condition. Ignorance is a choice." - Wiley Miller
Flickr | Bricklink
Pepa Quin

PreviousNext

Return to Original Themes