Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

LEGO Collectible Minifigures Series 2 Images - Updated!

Though we don't cover them in detail on FBTB, we all still love our Castle, Pirates, and Space LEGO too.

Re: LEGO Collectible Minifigures Series 2 Images - Updated!

Postby Bricks McBlock » Mon Sep 13, 2010 12:52 am

Yeah, I wouldn't mind getting my hands on 300 of those spartan figs.
We came here to Block!
Bricks McBlock

Postby Diaaabo » Mon Sep 13, 2010 9:44 am

After analysing those minifigs I bought some days ago, I noticed it was made of cheap plastic... Anyone else complaining about it? I already sent an e-mail to TLG complaining about it. Me wants minifigs in decent ABS >8(
Diaaabo

Postby fredjh » Mon Sep 13, 2010 10:00 am

Diaaabo wrote:After analysing those minifigs I bought some days ago, I noticed it was made of cheap plastic... Anyone else complaining about it? I already sent an e-mail to TLG complaining about it. Me wants minifigs in decent ABS >8(

I'm pretty sure you're getting ABS.

There have been people complaining about the quality, but I've yet to encounter an issue. I think most of it has to do with knowing it came from China because of markings on the arms (or lack of markings on the neck) and then getting bent out of shape about it. I've had a lot of non-China sets that had bad pieces, too, after all.

But it's not the quality of the plastic, it's the generally the mixing of colors (a lot of translucency in some cases) and the printing on the torsos... those are the only complaints I've heard, and I personally haven't experienced it (I may not be paying as much attention... I have all of series 1 and much of series 2, but I generally put them together and up on the shelf, although I've got plans for many of them).
fredjh

Postby meeotch » Tue Sep 14, 2010 9:08 pm

I have to say, I got my first few collectible minifigs the other day, and I noticed something that was off. I've never once complained about quality, and in this case, I'd still say I'm not complaining, but it really is noticeable. They just don't feel like they're minifigs, and I wish I could give more specifics than that, but I really can't. They just feel and look like they're made like a clone brand.
"Always carefully check the source of your internet quotes" - Abraham Lincoln
meeotch

Postby that guy » Tue Sep 14, 2010 10:06 pm

I'm just curious, and certainly playing devil's advocate here, but if Lego were to come out officially and say that they were NOT produced in China would people then be disappointed but accepting of the change (whether for financial, sustainable green reasons, or other reasons) rather than being so agitated about it? Or is it the start of a larger argument against Lego's production standards in general? I agree with Meeotch that they feel "different", but in all fairness I don't think they feel that much weirder than the ones I'm getting out of current new sets.

I'm reminded of that kid in Germany on the game show where he sucked on minifigs and guessed who they were 'Das Han Solo Millenium Falcon'. Maybe we need to stick a few of these in his mouth and get a definitive narrative of how different they really are??? :)
that guy

Postby legomatt » Wed Sep 15, 2010 6:56 pm

that guy wrote:...that kid who sucked on minifigs and guessed who they were. Maybe we need to stick a few of these in his mouth and get a definitive narrative of how different they really are??? :)

:lol:
Now that sounds like a plan. We could also monitor his health for the next 25 years to see if he suffers any long term after effects to determine the level of toxicity in the colours. :cool: (joke)
legomatt

Postby J30spiff » Thu Sep 16, 2010 4:24 am

So now that Series 2 has been out for sometime, I have to ask. Has Series 2 been easier to find than Series 1? I've read about how it was hard to find Series 1 and I didn't find out about Series 1 until I had no chance of finding it anywhere. Just wanted to know. Thanks.
J30spiff

Postby Gooker1 » Thu Sep 16, 2010 7:20 am

I think that it's helped that Target has had a littl run, but I don't expect them to get another shipment in. The lego stores might get in one more shipment and then it's splitsville for series 2. Now we just need to wait on photos for series 3!!! :)
Gooker1

Postby mikado » Thu Sep 16, 2010 6:48 pm

i only heard rumors of sereies one in my area
mikado

Postby SonOfSolo » Thu Sep 16, 2010 8:20 pm

Just confirmed with the guy at my Lego store........next week will be their last shipment of these period.
SonOfSolo

Postby JamesBenjamin » Fri Sep 17, 2010 6:11 am

Jeez, I hope that's not really it for series 2. I'm still waiting on my shipment from EE. =(
We are such stuff as manure is made of, so let's drink up and forget it... -Eugiene O'Neill
JamesBenjamin

Postby Morgan19 » Fri Sep 17, 2010 6:16 am

J30spiff wrote:So now that Series 2 has been out for sometime, I have to ask. Has Series 2 been easier to find than Series 1?

I'm back in town in VA this week and was surprised to find seven fairly full Series 2 boxes (minus spartans, I'm sure) sitting on a mid-aisle island at the local TRU. The same store only had one or two boxes of Series 1 before.

m19
Morgan19

Postby Mandalorian Candidat » Fri Sep 17, 2010 6:32 am

Without having a barcode scanner and trying to feel what is inside the bag, is there a way to tell which pack has which minifig? I noticed a barcode sheet floating around. It is possible to just eyeball the zebra pattern and compare to this sheet?
Mandalorian Candidat

Postby Prince Kahuka » Fri Sep 17, 2010 7:10 am

It's fairly easy to eyeball the barcode. Even easier, print out the cheat sheet from the link below. It's life-sized, so you can fold the minifig pack at the barcode and place it up against the sheet to find a match. Just remember to use the correct barcode column for your region.

http://www.1000steine.com/brickset/miscellaneous/8684Barcodes.pdf
Prince Kahuka

Postby Coret » Fri Sep 17, 2010 11:44 am

All I know is that the bar code is a double edged sword, and frankly makes it so people that just buy things, are going to get really disappointed. I went to my local Target, and found the Minifigures. Thankfully I had the bar scanner and used it to check out to find the last 5 I was missing. Out of the 20+ that were left I found 1 Singer, 2 Skiers, all the rest was a mix of the Cop, Witch, Circus Tamer, Weightlifter, and Jungle Explorer. Somebody had went through and took everything else, which means if some unlucky kid buys them hoping to get any of the good ones, they will be out of luck.

But who cares about the kid that wants to buy them since they will probably never see them anyway. Most all the stores I see are sold out in a day or 2.
Coret

Postby Mandalorian Candidat » Mon Sep 20, 2010 7:13 am

Prince Kahuka wrote:It's fairly easy to eyeball the barcode. Even easier, print out the cheat sheet from the link below. It's life-sized, so you can fold the minifig pack at the barcode and place it up against the sheet to find a match. Just remember to use the correct barcode column for your region.

http://www.1000steine.com/brickset/miscellaneous/8684Barcodes.pdf

That sheet is a big help but the scanned barcode version I found floating around worked better for me. Man, my eyes feel like I've been on a zebra safari.
Mandalorian Candidat

Postby WillyWampa » Mon Sep 20, 2010 1:35 pm

I finally found the series 2 sets at the TRU in Kitchener, ON. There were only 2 boxes with a total of approximately 40ish packs left. I didn't have a barcode sheet with me so I just eyeballed and compared the barcodes that were there and I was surprised to be able to find 15 of the 16 minifigs present! Only the Spartan missing (no surprise there). I tested my self on how well I could ID the minifigs by feel and found I was only about 25% accurate! How good are others at this technique??

Other thoughts: I was surprised that the marracca player's poncho was in 2 parts, I'm very impressed with the detail on the karate champs minifugure trophy. And finally has anyone made a miniscale X-Wing fighter using the ski poles from the alpine skier yet?
WillyWampa

Postby Chief » Mon Sep 20, 2010 2:39 pm

WillyWampa wrote:And finally has anyone made a miniscale X-Wing fighter using the ski poles from the alpine skier yet?

Yep!
Chief

Quality of S2 Minifigs?

Postby kibosh » Tue Sep 21, 2010 9:15 am

Hello,

Long time lurker, first time poster...

I just got a bunch of the S2 minifigs and wonder if anyone else noticed a drop of in quality? The legs/hips seem really loose to me, and the heads pop off way easier than my older figs. Is this happening to all figs, or just the collectable ones?

(PS I have a bunch of extra S2 figs I'm looking to trade for S1. I have no problem shipping first being the newb here and all...)

Eric
Check out my daily Lego picture at alegoaday.com.
kibosh

Re: Quality of S2 Minifigs?

Postby Draykov » Tue Sep 21, 2010 11:21 am

kibosh wrote:I just got a bunch of the S2 minifigs and wonder if anyone else noticed a drop of in quality? The legs/hips seem really loose to me, and the heads pop off way easier than my older figs. Is this happening to all figs, or just the collectable ones?

It's been discussed, and the quality issues aren't quite as bad as we've seen recently in similar scenarios, but essentially, any minifig that's not in a dedicated LEGO set of some kind should be suspect. Manufactured in Sino-Bulgvanistan or some-such where LEGO claims (I want to believe them, but the fact that things haven't turned around a complete 180 is frustrating) to have had some problems getting third party production facilities to adhere to traditional LEGO standards. So, these collectible figs, the Vintage Collections (with the exception of the first production run of Volume I), non-Star Wars battlepacks...count on all of these having quality issues. Thankfully, minifigs in standard sets have not been affected.

I'm usually a die-hard defender of the company. I can defend and justify high prices when quality is maintained, but when that quality starts to slip, it gets easier to enjoy my existing collection without adding junk to it. This is hypocritical of me, I realize. I've bought a significant number of the little collectibles. But when the impulse subsides and I'm going through a pile of brittle-handed little dudes, it's infuriating.
Hail Space!
Draykov

PreviousNext

Return to Original Themes