Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

LEGO Collectible Minifigures Series 2 Images - Updated!

Though we don't cover them in detail on FBTB, we all still love our Castle, Pirates, and Space LEGO too.

Re: LEGO Collectible Minifigures Series 2 Images - Updated!

Postby sweener » Mon Aug 30, 2010 4:09 pm

Fred Meyer stores are throughout Oregon, Washington, Idaho, and Alaska. Very limited indeed.
sweener

Postby Mister Ed » Tue Aug 31, 2010 7:03 am

True. So I wouldn't expect TRU stores outside Fred Meyer territory to take them into consideration, but inside that area? I KNOW individual TRUs have latitude in how they price these, since some are selling them (at least briefly) at regular retail, and some are selling them at $2.49. I just can't figure how my local TRU figures that charging $2.99 will fly when they have a LEGO store in the area AND all those Fred Meyers.
Mister Ed

Postby Gooker1 » Tue Aug 31, 2010 8:04 pm

Series 2 is online at Lego! Order away folks! 16 is the limit. :)
Gooker1

Postby SonOfSolo » Tue Aug 31, 2010 9:01 pm

That's weird. I just talked to my local Lego store today who said that Lego stores nationwide were sold out of series 2 and they aren't expecting any more until mid September. I guess online doesn't count?? :lol:
SonOfSolo

Postby SonOfSolo » Tue Aug 31, 2010 9:02 pm

cas wrote: Sure, it might be momentarily nice to find something "early," but patience pays off.

It didn't for me with series one figs. :'(
SonOfSolo

Postby Mister Ed » Wed Sep 01, 2010 5:31 am

Your local LEGO store doesn't know what they are talking about. I believe TODAY is SUPPOSED to be the release date for these (the Shop@Home listing is evidence of this), and I am preparing this very morning to wade into a sea of humanity at MY local LEGO store, which has received these but won't put them out until this morning. I expect a zoo, since they have been telling whoever called, for at least a week, that THIS is the day they would be putting them out.
Mister Ed

Postby that guy » Wed Sep 01, 2010 12:01 pm

My local Lego store put them out today amidst the pandemonium and they reportedly got 1200 in and have repeated several times to me (I know the store manager) that this will be their ONLY shipment of series 2. That is what corporate has been telling them. He expects to be sold out by 3 or 4pm. As far as releasing them, Lego stores had latitude to put them out starting last week but according to the manager, most stores stuck to the Sept. 1st date since that is what they had been telling people and they wanted to be fair about it.
that guy

Postby Mister Ed » Wed Sep 01, 2010 2:01 pm

Well, I got my set. It WAS a zoo, but people were pretty friendly, calling out the extras they had to see if anybody wanted them. There were plenty for everybody that showed up this morning, but I expect anybody coming later today will have a limited selection, if any. Even for us early arrivals, certain figs were hard to come by. The Spartan I got was the only one I saw. I KNOW there were some people there stocking up just on Spartans, so that is probably why. (This is one of those situations where scalpers really CAN make a big impact. If what I saw here was any guide, I'd say that a pretty significant percentage of the Spartans will end up in the hands of people who bought as many as they could just to resell them.)

When I went to check out, I had a nice surprise, too. I apparently had a $5 VIP reward accrued. And even better, after buying the figs, I earned another one, so I bought some stocking stuffer sets dirt cheap.
Mister Ed

Postby MisterFubar » Wed Sep 01, 2010 6:41 pm

So the daughter of a neighbor/friend who works HR for TRU showed up on my doorstep with the Pharaoh and the Surfer Boy I was missing. How cool is that? I'm hoping my luck of getting complete sets keeps up with the future series.

Of course I'll probably end up getting 3 or 4 of each with the 16 I ordered from LEGO last night.
MisterFubar

Postby SonOfSolo » Wed Sep 01, 2010 6:41 pm

I found more locally at a TRU today. I know, I know......high prices. I found what looked like a complete case. I didnt count them but it was pretty full and after scanning all the figs they were mostly still in order. I ended up finding the Vampire I needed but I'm still missing the Spartan. Man, he's just not around when I am. :lol:
SonOfSolo

Postby Diaaabo » Wed Sep 01, 2010 11:03 pm

Found 7 Series 2 minifigs on a supermarket yesterday, smartly hidden in the back of the 2010 Summer catalogs, and I brought them with me: 1 karate, 1 popstar, 1 explorer, 2 mimes, and 2 circus handler...
Diaaabo

Postby that guy » Thu Sep 02, 2010 10:46 am

So my local TRU got them in, and of course they're at $2.99 but they are strictly off limits to ANYONE touching them. If you want to buy them, they are limiting to 5 per person per day and you take what the manager hands you. The cashier has to call for a manager and he gives you the 5 and he was very quick to tell me that he wouldn't advise returning them. What a d!ck. Anyway, I also see that Lego.com sold out yesterday and is only doing back-orders now so who know how many they'll be able to fill but I guess we'll see. The kicker is that they didn't impose the one order per person like last time so people could order as many sets of 16 as they wanted and they processed and shipped them all. Good times.
that guy

Postby MicroJow » Thu Sep 02, 2010 5:42 pm

The only complaint I have about Series 2 is that the overwhelmingly acrid toxic smell one experienced upon cutting open a Series 1 pack is no longer the case with Series 2.

- MJ
MicroJow

Postby Gooker1 » Fri Sep 03, 2010 7:27 am

Did you get your set MJ? I had to order mine over the phone b/c of work. I'm short 5. :(

For all who are interested in trading, don't forget to check out the B/S/T section to help other boardies (me :)) out. Haha
Gooker1

Postby SonOfSolo » Fri Sep 03, 2010 6:14 pm

Finally got my Spartan today and my set is complete. Also, I used the barcode scanner for good today. A kid and his mother were looking at the case when I got there and talking about how she didn't want to spend all kinds of money trying to get him a Pharaoh. After looking through the whole case he was one of the last 3. Him and his mom were thrilled.
SonOfSolo

Postby The Brain » Fri Sep 03, 2010 7:52 pm

Kudos to you, sir. :)

I'm still looking around for Series 2 figs in my local area...I'm sure I'll pick up a few eventually.
I am the brain, that which keeps you sane
I think your thoughts, I feel your pain
I am able to control both body and soul
I am never asleep, and I make you whole.
The Brain

Postby mr_joshua » Tue Sep 07, 2010 9:57 am

I can confirm what others are saying as well. The employees at my TRU were so unpleasant and unwilling to look in the back for the box, even though they showed to have 120 in stock (two cases?). Oh well, their loss (especially at 2.99 each). So, I went by my local target (Palmdale) and asked one of the stockmen to look for them in the back, out she came with 2 new unopened boxes. I went through one box and got a complete set, plus a couple extra (I didn't clean em out). They still had a whole unopened box there, plus a good 40 in the other box.
Minifigs_at_Target by mr_joshua1, on Flickr

I went back after doing some shopping and they had jammed the box behind the racers and atlantis impulse sets...
mr_joshua

Postby mikado » Tue Sep 07, 2010 11:20 am

found 2 full cases at my local target near the candy and costumes

bought 7 random packs and got 3 martial artists 2 vamps and a mariachi and body builder

used this link http://toysnbricks.com/blog/wp-content/ ... ro-USA.pdf and my zbar reader on the iphone and found pharoah the adventurer, spartan, and the witch. zbar is a bit twitchy but does work and if ya find a fig thats not in their data base you can upload a description instantly
mikado

Postby UOldPirate » Wed Sep 08, 2010 9:39 am

I just got my series 2 order from Lego today and ended up with 9 different figs out of 16. The duplicates were made up from only 3 different figs. For those who ordered directly from Lego, what kind of distribution were/are you seeing?

Edit: Scratch that question. Just saw people were posting their distribution in the Series 2 Finds/Deal thread. Doh!
UOldPirate

Postby J30spiff » Fri Sep 10, 2010 11:07 am

Went to TRU today and they just received 2 cases. I was able to take my time and sort out a complete set. Anyone have info on which figures appear to be rarer than others? I know there a ton of people going after the Spartans.
J30spiff

PreviousNext

Return to Original Themes