Earn Double the VIP Points on everly shop.LEGO.com purchase!  Valid April 1-15, 2014.

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

LEGO Collectible Minifigures Series 2 Images - Updated!

Though we don't cover them in detail on FBTB, we all still love our Castle, Pirates, and Space LEGO too.

Re: LEGO Collectible Minifigures Series 2 Images - Updated!

Postby GrayMattR » Sat Aug 21, 2010 6:54 am

Don't forget to take the USA version barcode sheet so you know what's in the bag!

My store doesn't have them in yet...
GrayMattR

Postby MisterFubar » Sun Aug 22, 2010 12:19 pm

Just stopped by TRU with my trusty barcode scanner and managed to grab all but the Surfer Boy and the Pharaoh. They only had 1 box and they said it was opened just an hour or two earlier and was almost full. Some poor kid is probably going to be dissapointed when he gets home and finds he's got 4 or 5 of the same one.

My daughter grabbed 12 random ones, I haven't scanned them to see what they are yet but if anyone has an extra of the two I'm missing I'll gladly do a 1 for 1 swap from any of my extras.

Check my BL store for what I've got to trade, or the Swap Meet thread here viewtopic.php?f=17&t=4093&p=42741#p42741
MisterFubar

Postby bigospedros » Mon Aug 23, 2010 6:54 am

In the UK, WH Smiths seem to have taken delivery of their first batch of Series 2. I managed to get to 2 stores today and got a complete set, plus a couple of extra Spartans.
bigospedros
Staff Writer

Postby SonOfSolo » Mon Aug 23, 2010 8:50 pm

Man, these already hit TRU?? I called my Lego store and they said that they wouldn't be out until next week. I guess I'm on the hunt now. Are they going to be in Wal Mart and Target now too?
SonOfSolo

Postby infallible » Tue Aug 24, 2010 11:37 am

Double check with your LEGO store. Looks like all the stores here in Texas have gotten them in.
infallible

Postby SonOfSolo » Tue Aug 24, 2010 10:15 pm

I went today and they had them. There was a limit of 16 per customer. That's all I wanted and maybe a few extras later. I tried looking at all the bar codes at first but I gave up. I didnt do that bad. I got 12 of the 16. The doubles I got were the Mexican, the Pharaoh, the life guard and the weight lifter. I am missing the Spartan, the Vampire, the Skier and the Disco guy. I'll go on my way home from work tomorrow and see if they have anymore to try my chances again. This time will more diligence utilizing the bar codes.
SonOfSolo

Postby gfxguy » Wed Aug 25, 2010 7:03 am

Aaarrgggghh! I hate work. Now I'll have to wait until around 6:00pm today in order to even go look.
gfxguy

Postby SonOfSolo » Wed Aug 25, 2010 9:20 am

Thats about the time I went. I'm going about the same time today too. Hopefully they still have them.
SonOfSolo

Postby MicroJow » Wed Aug 25, 2010 11:03 am

@!#$%. The Toys-R-Us website has updated their listing for the Series 2 Minifigures:

http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.js ... Id=4403308

Looks like they just jacked the price from $1.99 each to $2.99 each.

- J
MicroJow

Postby that guy » Wed Aug 25, 2010 11:28 am

Yeah I saw that too. But the reality is probably that we'll never see them on the internet just like they ran Series 1 the whole time on the site but they never once became available. The real test is what the in-store pricing will be and if it'll vary by area.
that guy

Postby SonOfSolo » Wed Aug 25, 2010 11:59 am

Here in the Bay Area in California the TRU pricing was $2.49 for the series 1 figures.
SonOfSolo

Postby fredjh » Wed Aug 25, 2010 7:00 pm

Atlanta area: Duluth Toys R Us: nothing; LEGO Store in Lawrenceville: nothing.

EDIT: TRU Alpharetta (North Pointe Pky?): nothing.
Last edited by fredjh on Fri Aug 27, 2010 8:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
fredjh

Postby SonOfSolo » Wed Aug 25, 2010 10:08 pm

The Lego store I got them at yesterday was sold out after work so I dropped by both TRU's in the area. Both had them. One had 3 figures only but they gave me the display at least. The other store had about 16 but I had all of them already. Still on the hunt for the 4 I still need.
SonOfSolo

Postby Mister Ed » Fri Aug 27, 2010 5:18 am

I called my local LEGO store yesterday, and was told they wouldn't get these until September 1st. So anybody in the Portland, OR area, that's when you should head over there.
Mister Ed

Postby Andi » Fri Aug 27, 2010 5:31 am

I don't know about other stores, but Real already has them in Germany. They had a 20% discount on toys yesterday.
I spent half an hour, scanning many, many bags with a bar-code scanner app on my iPhone. No one said anything, I ignored any possible looks.
In the end I bought 18 bags which included all figs but the Singer and the Witch - somehow I must have mixed them up, because I also had 2 Mexican (only wanted 1) and 3 Spartans (only wanted 2)

Oh, and my mime has no legs.
~Andi
Flickr
Andi

Postby SonOfSolo » Fri Aug 27, 2010 3:02 pm

Went to TRU today and scanned half a box. No Spartan for me but I did get 3 others I needed. Just need the Spartan and the vampire now.
SonOfSolo

Postby Mister Ed » Sun Aug 29, 2010 7:05 am

Man, I hope my LEGO store really does get these in on Sept. 1, and has a limit of 16 like others have reported. Just for fun, I called the local TRU (since it is closer) and found:

1.)They has already sold out what they had (though my wife checked not too long ago and they didn't have any yet, nor know when they were coming in) and didn't know when or if they would get more.

2.) They were STILL limiting it to 2 per customer, like last time

3.) AND they were charging $2.99 apiece!

When I asked why they thought they could jack the price 50%, they tried to insist that WAS regular price. I corrected them, of course, and pointed out that they didn't even charge that much themselves for the last series (they charged $2.49 for series 1). They didn't have much to say to that.

It really does baffle me, though. Do they really have that much of a lock on the market that, even though there is a LEGO store in the area, and the same items have been available at Fred Meyer (which you can barely walk a block without tripping over around here) they still feel they can charge a 50% markup on an item (and severely limit quantities per customer) without just losing the business for that item entirely? Or are these things just in so much demand that ANYBODY can charge through the nose for them and still sell as much as they can get their hands on, and I should just consider myself lucky that the LEGO store and Fred Meyer DON'T price gouge on them?
Mister Ed

Postby GIR3691 » Sun Aug 29, 2010 7:55 am

Mister Ed wrote:It really does baffle me, though. Do they really have that much of a lock on the market that, even though there is a LEGO store in the area, and the same items have been available at Fred Meyer (which you can barely walk a block without tripping over around here) they still feel they can charge a 50% markup on an item (and severely limit quantities per customer) without just losing the business for that item entirely? Or are these things just in so much demand that ANYBODY can charge through the nose for them and still sell as much as they can get their hands on, and I should just consider myself lucky that the LEGO store and Fred Meyer DON'T price gouge on them?

Perhaps that business strategy has been why TRU is doing so poorly. Any good shopper knows TRU jacks up the prices on what ever they can. Around here, there is no where else to buy these collectible figs (along with a lot of other product TRU carries), so most folks are basically stuck with TRU if Walmart or Target doesn't carry it. I haven't even seen these yet, but if they're going to be $2.50 or more, I think I'll hold off until I have access to a LEGO store next week.
>>[email protected] <<
GIR3691
Staff Writer

Postby cas » Mon Aug 30, 2010 2:28 pm

I can't wait until I find these at Fred Meyer, where not only will they be the MSRP of $1.99, but I'll be able to use a coupon and save 10 or 20%. I'm amazed that people continue to be willingly gouged by Toys R Us. Sure, it might be momentarily nice to find something "early," but patience pays off.
cas
Staff Writer

Postby Coret » Mon Aug 30, 2010 4:01 pm

Except some of us don't even have that option. First I have never seen Series 1 or 2 EVER, period, anywhere around me. These things are ridiculous and makes people that aren't nuts about them just frustrated that they will never see them. I would love to get some for myself and maybe a few for my kids, but frankly you have to either get extremely lucky, know someone, or call every day and every hour.

So if I could find them at TRU, then i would definitely pick them up even at a jacked up price since I can't even find them there.
Coret

PreviousNext

Return to Original Themes