Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

LEGO Collectible Minifigures Series 2 Images - Updated!

Though we don't cover them in detail on FBTB, we all still love our Castle, Pirates, and Space LEGO too.

Re: LEGO Collectible Minifigures Series 2 Images - Updated!

Postby Blacknight » Thu Sep 30, 2010 1:11 am

Think how much more awesome these would be if only they were true Lego quality instead of cheap Chinese clone brand quality. I feel less and less bad about buying clone brand sets that interest me if Lego keeps going down this path to miscoloured and badly printed figure parts that aren't glossy and are easily scratched. I have no sympathy for Lego here because they've chosen deliberately to make these figures in China just to save a buck at a time when they've been pulling in good profits. Of course the more people keep buying these figures, the more Lego will think that clone brand quality is good enough for us.
Blacknight

Postby Jargon » Thu Sep 30, 2010 7:32 am

Well, I'm not going to lie: the quality of the Collectible Minifigures is good enough for me - at least for said collectibles.
Jargon

Postby Bricks McBlock » Thu Sep 30, 2010 10:48 pm

mr_joshua wrote:Anyone have any ideas on upcoming 2011 sets that might have the dark red cape?

I believe the new Quidditch Match set has the dark red cape.
We came here to Block!
Bricks McBlock

Postby infallible » Fri Oct 01, 2010 2:58 pm

Word from our store here in beautiful Austin, Texas is that the shipment that was received on Monday is the last one that the store is getting. Not sure how this plays out for Target, Wal-Mart, and TRU, but I'd consider it a sign to get these sooner than later.
infallible

Postby that guy » Sat Oct 02, 2010 12:37 pm

You can also just buy the magnet set with Harry, Dumbledore, and Hernoine and it has the dark red cape.
that guy

Postby yodadude12 » Sun Oct 03, 2010 4:51 pm

Went to my Target today, their system said they had 4, but when I went to retrieve them, all that was left were the instructions and ripped open bags :(, everything else had been stolen.
May the Force be with you, always.
yodadude12

Postby The Brain » Thu Oct 07, 2010 7:36 pm

Well, I came into possession of a pretty large number of Spartans today, courtesy of a friend who works at a local toy store specializing in LEGO. They had tons of minifigs but apparently they've been continually overlooked by customers (I guess hoarders aren't aware of the store...). Anyway, they had tons of figs left, so I asked my friend to look for a bunch of Spartans, and lo and behold he found 11 in only a few minutes of searching through opened boxes. And just so I don't contradict myself about my personal views of hoarding--he skimmed the boxes for Spartans, took them until he didn't feel like looking further, and I asked him to make sure there were plenty left over for customers (he assured me there were PLENTY, even unopened boxes full).

I am very pleased with the fig, even though I do believe the quality is somewhat worse even in comparison with the Series 1 figs. It's got to be one of the coolest figs EVAR, and I hope LEGO rereleases the figure elements in some later sets.

And I'm quite aware of the "pics or it didn't happen" interwebz rule, but I don't have a camera or webcam, so you'll have to just take my word for it (for now). I don't want to seem a braggart, just emphasize that there are plenty of figs out there in the world if you can find the right store. Good luck to all those who haven't gotten the figs they've been seeking yet! :)
I am the brain, that which keeps you sane
I think your thoughts, I feel your pain
I am able to control both body and soul
I am never asleep, and I make you whole.
The Brain

Postby J30spiff » Thu Oct 14, 2010 7:45 am

Went into the Walmart Supercenter and was suprised to see that they finally put up their Series 2 display. They have been showing Series 2 figures in stock for about a month now but none of the employees could find them for me. Grabbed 2 of the 5 Spartans. I'm officially done with Series 2.
J30spiff

Postby MicroJow » Thu Nov 04, 2010 3:10 pm

Well, it's official: the Toys-R-Us in Van Nuys, CA has jacked the prices on their Series 2 minifigures to $4.99 apiece. F that.

I can understand a slight increase over MSRP, but TRU and Borders put both feet WAAAAY across the line with this pricing. So I'm going to follow my own advice: don't like the price of something? Don't buy it.

If the Lego store raises their prices to more than $2.99 apiece, I'm done with the minifigures collection.

- J
MicroJow

Postby DarthMC » Thu Nov 04, 2010 7:14 pm

I wouldn't put Borders in quite the same category as TRU because they frequently have the %25 off your entire order which brings the price down to the $2.99 level which seems to be the going markup. It is also the only time I see them moving off the Borders shelves. $4.99 is just pure greed on that stores part especially since the TRU web site still has them at $2.99. Hopefully Walmart and the LEGO stores will be getting a larger allocation for series 3.

DarthMC
DarthMC

Postby brownie69yov4 » Sun Nov 07, 2010 1:42 am

hey guys on a semi- related note, and i apologize if this has been discussed but is there any way to just get the black base plate that comes with the figs on pick a brick? Didn't know if it was on there yet, and I would really like to start displaying star wars figs on these-

thanks

br()Wnie
brownie69yov4

Postby bigospedros » Sun Nov 07, 2010 3:57 am

brownie69yov4 wrote:hey guys on a semi- related note, and i apologize if this has been discussed but is there any way to just get the black base plate that comes with the figs on pick a brick? Didn't know if it was on there yet, and I would really like to start displaying star wars figs on these-

thanks

br()Wnie

Don't know about Pick A Brick, but you can get them from Bricklink here

I've done what you want to ... all my SW figs are on these now, for display purposes.
bigospedros
Staff Writer

Postby MisterFubar » Sun Nov 07, 2010 6:50 am

brownie69yov4 wrote:hey guys on a semi- related note, and i apologize if this has been discussed but is there any way to just get the black base plate that comes with the figs on pick a brick? Didn't know if it was on there yet, and I would really like to start displaying star wars figs on these-

thanks

br()Wnie

I've been picking them up on Bricklink for cheap. Every once in a while a large lot will pop up for less than $.10 each. When they do, I jump on them. I've managed to grab about 150 so far.

http://www.bricklink.com/search.asp?ite ... colorID=11
MisterFubar

Postby Tar » Thu Nov 11, 2010 11:17 pm

doh! lego.com is sold out of series 2, im going to keep watching if they come back and snag some. Not sure any fig can get better than the S1 zombie though.
Tar

Previous

Return to Original Themes