Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

LEGO Collectible Minifigures Series 2 Images - Updated!

Though we don't cover them in detail on FBTB, we all still love our Castle, Pirates, and Space LEGO too.

LEGO Collectible Minifigures Series 2 Images - Updated!

Postby Staff » Thu Jul 08, 2010 1:35 am

Marc (thanks Marc!) sent me a zip file with the following:

LEGO Minifigures Series 2 - Disco Dude LEGO Minifigures Series 2 - Explorer LEGO Minifigures Series 2 - Karate Master LEGO Minifigures Series 2 - Lifeguard LEGO Minifigures Series 2 - Mariachi LEGO Minifigures Series 2 - Mime LEGO Minifigures Series 2 - Pharaoh LEGO Minifigures Series 2 - Pop Star LEGO Minifigures Series 2 - Ring Master LEGO Minifigures Series 2 - Skier LEGO Minifigures Series 2 - Spartan Warrior LEGO Minifigures Series 2 - Surfer LEGO Minifigures Series 2 - Traffic Cop LEGO Minifigures Series 2 - Vampire LEGO Minifigures Series 2 - Weight Lifter LEGO Minifigures Series 2 - Witch

BigBadToyStore posted some images of the upcoming Series 2 of everyone's favorite love/hate LEGO line, the collectible Minifigures. Included in this round are Spartan Warrior, Witch, Vampire, Traffic Cop, Explorer, Pop Star, Disco Dude, Pharaoh, Mariachi, Ring Master, Lifeguard, Mime, Weight Lifter, Skier, Karate Master, Surfer. The most interesting minifigure? Karate Master as it seems he is holding a minifigure effigy in his hand. I'm working on getting better quality images. Series is scheduled for release around Septemberish. Images are rehosted below:

LEGO Minifigures Series 2-2 LEGO Minifigures Series 2-1

Yes, I realize this is not relevant. Sue me.

via BigBadToyStore
---
Permalink: http://www.fbtb.net/2010/07/08/lego-collectible-minifigures-series-2-images/
Staff

Re: LEGO Collectible Minifigures Series 2 Images

Postby Chief » Thu Jul 08, 2010 9:40 am

I hate to rain on your parade but there have been some better images floating around for a while now. I think Eurobricks has some high-res shots as well, but I cant get to those at work (lulz!)
Chief

Postby vynsane » Thu Jul 08, 2010 10:02 am

[quote=staff]Series is scheduled for release around Septemberish.

Relevant. Just old ;)

Actually, the real news here is a more solid release date. Up until now it was just wild speculation.
ALL HAIL THE BLACTRON EMPIRE!

Flickr Photostream | Brickset reviews
vynsane

Postby Mofo Jones » Thu Jul 08, 2010 11:10 am

It's relevant news to me. Reminded me that I want all of Series 2 as well :)

I'm wondering where LEGO goes from here with these series. I wonder if they're testing the waters to see what sells and would be interested in developing (or re-releasing) themes developed on the best sellers. I mean, if the Spartan sells great, maybe they would make a Greek theme, or a Roman theme by changing the deco and accessories a bit. Plenty of the figs from each series could easily drop into existing themes, be it City, Space, etc.
Will Tactically Consult for money, food or LEGO.
Mofo Jones
Staff Writer

Postby onions » Thu Jul 08, 2010 11:19 am

Chief wrote:I hate to rain on your parade but there have been some better images floating around for a while now. I think Eurobricks has some high-res shots as well, but I cant get to those at work (lulz!)

edited: nm, i already updated the post.
onions
Founder
Founder

Re: LEGO Collectible Minifigures Series 2 Images - Updated!

Postby that guy » Thu Jul 08, 2010 2:09 pm

I'm just glad they actually assigned a new "set" number to the series 3 figs of 8684 instead of using 8683 again and just adding the "series 2" part. I was dreading them calling every series 8683.
that guy

Postby GrayMattR » Thu Jul 08, 2010 4:27 pm

I've been waiting to hear a release date so knowing September is better than speculation.

Pretty sure the karate kid is holding a trophy. :p
GrayMattR

Postby THX 1138 » Thu Jul 08, 2010 4:31 pm

These look awesome! I especially like the trophy the karate guy is holding. I saw this idea somewhere else, not sure where, but it could be made in trans blue to represent holograms in SW sets. My favorite figs here are probably the karate guy, the lifeguard, the pharaoh, the Spartan, and the surfer.
Do a barrel roll!
THX 1138

Postby BlueDragonZ » Thu Jul 08, 2010 10:14 pm

[quote=staff]

Better late than never! ;)
BlueDragonZ

Postby Firespray » Fri Jul 09, 2010 7:17 pm

[quote=staff]Marc (thanks Marc!)

<3
Firespray

Postby jasonjunker » Wed Aug 18, 2010 7:39 am

some TRU stores in Texas stared selling them yesterday, so go check!!!
jasonjunker

Postby Jabba the Taff » Thu Aug 19, 2010 8:01 am

UK
Picked some up in WHSmith in Crewe today. Sounds as though they'll be in most of their stores that are stocking them over the weekend.

PS. I'll have some swaps as the lady behind the counter selecting them was a grump! Will post which later.
Jabba the Taff

Postby Gooker1 » Thu Aug 19, 2010 8:54 am

What price did you see them at your TRU?
Gooker1

Postby jasonjunker » Thu Aug 19, 2010 9:00 am

I believe the guy who found them paid MSRP... $1.99. I have yet to find them at the Austin Texas locations. A few of our Houston members have found them.
jasonjunker

Postby MicroJow » Thu Aug 19, 2010 2:08 pm

If you call a Toys-R-Us, give them this item number: 587572. That should make things a little easier for both you and the employee.

- Joe
MicroJow

Postby jonutah » Fri Aug 20, 2010 3:28 pm

They've hit the Denver area already. Just called TRU and some guy bought them all - RATS! I hope they are easier to find than Series 1.

- Jon
jonutah

Postby MisterFubar » Fri Aug 20, 2010 3:46 pm

Just got the word that there is a box waiting for me at one of the local TRU, unfortunately it's at the one that marks them up to $2.49... Hoping I have time to go pick them up this weekend.
MisterFubar

Postby that guy » Fri Aug 20, 2010 4:44 pm

I just talked to a source at TRU and not counting what's been shipped to the stores already, there are 23,000 figures left in their warehouse right now, which is basically 384 cases. While that sound like a lot, there are almost 600 U.S. stores so that's less that 2 cases per store. This would lead me to believe their allocation is about the same per store as before provided they don't get any re-orders from Lego (silent chuckle)....
that guy

Postby meeotch » Fri Aug 20, 2010 6:21 pm

that guy wrote:...basically 384 cases. While that sound like a lot, there are almost 600 U.S. stores so that's less that 2 cases per store....

I could be interpreting what you're saying incorrectly, but that sounds closer to a half-a-case per store to me, or 2 stores per case.
"Always carefully check the source of your internet quotes" - Abraham Lincoln
meeotch

Postby that guy » Fri Aug 20, 2010 6:39 pm

meeotch wrote:
that guy wrote:...basically 384 cases. While that sound like a lot, there are almost 600 U.S. stores so that's less that 2 cases per store....

I could be interpreting what you're saying incorrectly, but that sounds closer to a half-a-case per store to me, or 2 stores per case.

My bad, thanks Meeotch. Yeah it's actually 192 cases (2 boxes of 60 in each case). I was counting a box of 60 as a case. As yeah, looking at it that way it makes for an even more compelling case that these won't last much longer than series one...
that guy

Next

Return to Original Themes