Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

10193 Medieval Market Village soon to be discontinued?

Though we don't cover them in detail on FBTB, we all still love our Castle, Pirates, and Space LEGO too.

10193 Medieval Market Village soon to be discontinued?

Postby JamesBenjamin » Thu Jun 17, 2010 6:31 pm

I am lucky enough to have 2 lego stores close by, and went in to one (Tysons VA) on Monday looking for this set and they didn't have it, so I bought a Jester and left. I went in my other one (Woodbridge VA) and they didn't have it either, so I did that "order it online while in the store and get free shipping" thing. At both stores employees told me they thought it was already retired, but when we checked the web in the second store it was still listed as in stock, so I ordered it. If you're looking to get this one, I'd recommend doing it soon before they totally disappear!
We are such stuff as manure is made of, so let's drink up and forget it... -Eugiene O'Neill
JamesBenjamin

Re: 10193 Medieval Market Village soon to be discontinued?

Postby TheWarrior » Sat Jun 19, 2010 2:48 pm

Good thing I already bought it!
TheWarrior

Postby Solo » Sat Jun 19, 2010 3:10 pm

Seems likely, it came out two years ago.
                                                                                                                           Image
Solo

Postby calvinwashere2 » Mon Jun 21, 2010 4:13 pm

Add to the fact that this is listed under the Castle-Fantasy series and we all know where that went...poof...
calvinwashere2

Postby popnfresh » Fri Jun 25, 2010 5:49 pm

It hasn't been on the shelves in CA lego stores for a long time, in fact, none of the big ticket items seem to be on the shelves. I think maybe lego has figured out that it is much cheaper to shop and ship the big items instead of them taking up space in the stores. I haven't even seen newer items like 10211 Grand Emporium or 10196 Grand Carousel or 10210 Imperial Flagship in stock at stores.
popnfresh

Postby TheWarrior » Fri Jun 25, 2010 8:05 pm

Oh, I must've missed this thread...I bought one some time ago...and just snagged one for a friend too (who's away at the moment and can't place the order). It always comes. All good things must come to an end.... Now let's make room for another. XD
TheWarrior

Postby UOldPirate » Wed Jun 30, 2010 12:36 pm

I would agree that this set is getting a little long in the tooth, but I don't think it's going to be gone soon. Lego did have MMV in the latest catalog which leads me to think they still have a fair amount left. Aside from clearance stuff, does anyone remember a current catalog item disappearing right away?
UOldPirate

Postby solo606 » Wed Jun 30, 2010 7:17 pm

I saw the MMV at the Lego store in Northbrook, IL a week before brickworld and they had at least 3 on the shelf.
I was lucky enough to score one in the damaged box sale, I have been wanting that set for a while and finally pulled the trigger on it.
solo606

Postby zithy » Sun Jul 04, 2010 12:34 am

I think it's just a case of the store only gets in a few, like 6-8 and they sell quickly.

Although it is in the Castle line, and that's gone . . . It's definitely one of those sets that could sneak up on you and get retired before you get another one. Great set for sure!
zithy

Postby ufjason » Sat Jul 24, 2010 3:20 pm

I was just in my Lego store and they had a dozen of these in stock. Interestingly enough they sold out of most of the new castle product as well.
eBay store, contact me if you'd like to perform trades from my inventory. I'm looking for original genosian fighers, second version a-wing fighters and tie bombers. I may be interested in other sets so let me know what you have.
ufjason

Return to Original Themes