Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

[NEW STUFF] News about the minifig collection

Though we don't cover them in detail on FBTB, we all still love our Castle, Pirates, and Space LEGO too.

Re: [NEW STUFF] News about the minifig collection

Postby legomatt » Wed Aug 04, 2010 10:18 pm

Can't disagree with any of that, Draykov. Pushing the price on a range that lots of people got cheesed off over is not very smart. I mean, with the low production numbers on series 1 a percentage of the interested may have been lost (those who wanted to have them all from the start, they'll check out already), then pushing the price will turn off another percentage (those who didn't like the lesser quality). Not forgetting those who have already bailed out due to the negative experience of chasing them (successfully or not), for whom Lego is a joyful and relaxing pastime, and not something they want heart/panic attacks over (exaggeration, but you get my point).
Really, Lego is back to square one on this, or at the very least should reserve any judgement until the entire first wave of series' 1 to 3 have passed. The poor initial execution means they should view it as a false start, as public response may not be anything like it was with the much anticipated first series.

And Lego should remember, if these are primarily aimed at breaking into the swaps market where kids buy them at checkouts like football cards and chewing gum, putting the price up will just mean that "mommy says no, dear".
legomatt

Postby Daz Hoo » Tue Aug 10, 2010 9:00 pm

Personally, I don't think it's LEGO who jacked up its prices. Remember that both series were available for pre-order back in January for retailers (at least in Canada), so that means that the suggested retail price and the price per box for retailers were already pretty much set in stone.

If there is any price increase, blame the retailers who are obviously trying to take advantage of the situation.
Daz Hoo

Postby banthafodder » Wed Aug 25, 2010 3:20 pm

I know this should be in the finds/deal section but since the entertainment earth offer was in this thread I thought I would post it here. This is another place you can get a box of the series two minifigs. I have bought from this seller before and have not had any issues.
http://cgi.ebay.com/Lego-Mini-Figures-S ... 232wt_1047
When I first post this the price was $159 but it now looks like $189. Not quite as good of a deal.
banthafodder

Postby SonOfSolo » Wed Aug 25, 2010 9:53 pm

I got some yesterday at my Lego store and they were still $1.99.
SonOfSolo

Postby calvinwashere2 » Wed Aug 25, 2010 10:13 pm

In case anyone is looking to get some, there were about 3 boxes at the Lego store in Ontario, CA. They had a limit of 16 so it's possible to get all of them if it's not all picked through first. Someone must have gotten there first w/ the intent to get Spartans because someone else had the cheatsheet and they couldn't find any from among the whole couple of boxes. I peeked at their sheet and got a few of a couple of different ones that my little girl wanted.
calvinwashere2

Previous

Return to Original Themes