Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

[NEW STUFF] 10213 Space Shuttle

Though we don't cover them in detail on FBTB, we all still love our Castle, Pirates, and Space LEGO too.

Re: [NEW STUFF] 10213 Space Shuttle

Postby Mofo Jones » Tue May 11, 2010 8:58 am

Solo, looks like somebody forgot to separate the ET and the SRBs. Otherwise, there are some crazy shenanigans going down at the launch pad...
Will Tactically Consult for money, food or LEGO.
Mofo Jones
Staff Writer

Postby THX 1138 » Tue May 11, 2010 3:27 pm

This looks great! Finally, we get another shuttle with the fuel tank and booster engines. The shape is so beautiful, too. It's probably the best shuttle Lego's made.
Do a barrel roll!
THX 1138

Postby Aharown » Thu May 13, 2010 5:49 pm

This looks very nice, and a good price as well.

I just may get this. :)
<><
Aharown

Postby Duckman » Sat May 15, 2010 2:18 am

I might be the only one that feels this way.... but the nose of that shuttle is horribly blocky, and the tail fin aswell. Otherwise everything else is not too bad, but they definately should have put more work into it than left those two very blocky areas.
Duckman

Postby ThinkingImpaired » Sat May 15, 2010 2:30 am

Wow you're right the nose almost looks like it was made out of Legos or something...
Don't you waste away, for tomorrow will soon be today
ThinkingImpaired

Postby batsamd » Sat Jun 26, 2010 12:57 pm

Just ordered this set with the free shipping option.

Also, in the Summer 2010 catalog they have a code to get a "Spaceman Magnet", but in the catalog it says the magnet is available from June 28-July 31st, but I entered the code and the magnet showed up in my cart.

I'm hoping I get the magnet, it's neat.

Of course, the shuttle set is great and will go good with the Lunar Lander set I got a while back.

Also picked up a few Pick-A-Brick items and the Emperor's Royal Guard keychain for the discounted $2.50 price.

Went ahead and signed up for the VIP program since this is my first order from Shop @ Home since the VIP program was started.
batsamd

Postby infallible » Tue Jul 06, 2010 12:21 pm

I got to build this for the Austin store (opening July 15th!), thinking that if I build it, then that will get whatever desire I have for it out of my system.

I was so wrong. I like it more now than I did before. This is an awesome set that's fun to build, looks great, and is fun to swoosh around. It's very awesome, and I recommend it.
infallible

Postby ThatGuyWithTheBricks » Wed Jul 07, 2010 8:57 am

infallible wrote:I got to build this for the Austin store (opening July 15th!), thinking that if I build it, then that will get whatever desire I have for it out of my system.

I was so wrong. I like it more now than I did before. This is an awesome set that's fun to build, looks great, and is fun to swoosh around. It's very awesome, and I recommend it.

Haha, that's my birthday!
I build it so you don't have to!
Flickr: http://www.flickr.com/people/36880009@N02/
For the record, if you want to refer to me but don't want to type my name, call me TGWTB.
ThatGuyWithTheBricks

Postby Mofo Jones » Thu Nov 04, 2010 8:18 pm

Made one last order for October, threw this in and used most of my VIP points to pay for it. Hopefully this set lives up to the pictures!
Will Tactically Consult for money, food or LEGO.
Mofo Jones
Staff Writer

Postby meeotch » Fri Nov 05, 2010 5:19 pm

This really is a beautiful set. My one beef with it is that the boosters are too small.

The SRBs should begin their taper at the elevation of the tip of the shuttle's nose, while in the model they begin to taper at about the tip of the white part of the cockpit. Also, with the external tank, in the model it begins to taper at the tip of the shuttle's nose, though it should probably be extended about the height of one layer of these Image. I'll be trying this as I picked two of these sets up. Other than that, I think that this set is fantastic and a must for any fan of LEGO that holds a little bit of romanticism for the current status of human space exploration in their hearts.
"Always carefully check the source of your internet quotes" - Abraham Lincoln
meeotch

Postby banthafodder » Fri Nov 05, 2010 11:11 pm

I, for one, really like this set. For a large set it is very swooshable and has already successfully completed many missions.
banthafodder

Previous

Return to Original Themes