Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

More Photos and Video of 2010 Sets

Though we don't cover them in detail on FBTB, we all still love our Castle, Pirates, and Space LEGO too.

More Photos and Video of 2010 Sets

Postby cadbane123 » Sun Nov 29, 2009 12:48 pm

An Austrian website has posted some new photos and video of some of the upcoming 2010 sets. Of interest is the second wave of collectible minifig packs, shown below:

Thanks to Huw from Brickset for the news.

FBTB will be attending the New York Toy Fair next week, which I hope to post better, clearer pictures.
---
Permalink: http://www.fbtb.net/2010/02/07/more-photos-and-video-of-2010-sets/
Last edited by Draykov on Fri Jan 22, 2010 3:49 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Reason: Title clarification
It's Bane, Cad Bane
cadbane123

Re: New minfig things!

Postby RocketClone » Sun Nov 29, 2009 2:03 pm

Well im my mind serves me right these minifigs will be part of a LEGO trading card game(with minifigs) that will appear sometime next year.
(Insert funny sig later)
RocketClone

Postby Solo » Sun Nov 29, 2009 2:14 pm

Effin. Sweet.
                                                                                                                           Image
Solo

Postby Raequan » Sun Nov 29, 2009 2:46 pm

Epic. Freaking. WIN
Raequan

Postby GIR3691 » Sun Nov 29, 2009 3:48 pm

They will be sold in opaque polybags? Lame. I'm going to end up with 20 divers and no robots or zombies.
>>[email protected] <<
GIR3691
Staff Writer

Postby HothTrooper » Sun Nov 29, 2009 4:19 pm

Excellent. I'm always up for new minifig parts and utensils. I particularly like the new hair pieces. It's always good to have a variety of looks for the minifigs in your creations.
GIR3691 wrote:They will be sold in opaque polybags? Lame. I'm going to end up with 20 divers and no robots or zombies.

You could always feel the polybag for a bit. All of the minifigs seem to have some kind of distinguishing hair piece or accessory that you could probably feel through the polybag.
HothTrooper

Postby meeotch » Sun Nov 29, 2009 5:40 pm

Wouldn't they probably box it up like the Star Wars Miniatures game then? That'd be my guess.
"Always carefully check the source of your internet quotes" - Abraham Lincoln
meeotch

Postby Marty » Sun Nov 29, 2009 6:02 pm

Interesting figures, I was very surprised that the Zombie figure was there, but who knows?
Clowns are scary, and this one.....I'm thinking of "IT!"
As for the wrestler & caveman well that's something we haven't seen before.
An the dentist, that's just plain evil!
Still the diver, I was hoping for the old deep sea one, maybe one day the Lego people will see the light?
Crash test dummy & cheerleader, (Yay! Bring on Buffy!)
I also like the magician, but where's the rabbit?

All-in-all, some very interesting themes that could be attached to those minifigures, I look forward to seeing what come out of these.
Marty

Postby infallible » Sun Nov 29, 2009 7:36 pm

Oh, wow. These are like a LEGO version of the Playmobil Special series. Neat little single-characters with fun accessories and concepts.

Blind boxing annoys me, but it's only a real problem if some are more rare than others. Hopefully they won't go the Kubricks route and make one impossible to find. But having a new batch just two months later means that we'd have to get to stepping to get them all. But, oddly, I don't mind since the first batch is just so cool.
infallible

Postby Blacknight » Mon Nov 30, 2009 3:43 am

That ninja is hopefully just the ambassador for a new line. Please Lego, please, the only line I like more than Star Wars was ninja/samurai.
Blacknight

Postby bluemoose » Mon Nov 30, 2009 3:50 am

Rumour has it that the bags won't contain the pieces for a specific complete minifig - each one will contain a semi-random assortment (one set of legs, one torso, one head, etc.), each of which could come from a different minifig. So we'll have to buy multiple baggies just to get any complete fig & will have a load of left-over pieces. Sounds great if you've got lots of friends to trade with (& all pieces are the same rarity), otherwise it could get a little expensive & frustrating. I can see complete figs selling well on eBay.

Ian

EDIT - each bag is apparently going to contain a small poster showing all the figs, so you can see which of the elements you have goes with which completed figure.
bluemoose

Postby Draykov » Mon Nov 30, 2009 9:50 am

GIR3691 wrote:They will be sold in opaque polybags? Lame. I'm going to end up with 20 divers and no robots or zombies.

I see a lot of potential for future activity in the buy/sell/trade forum.
Hail Space!
Draykov

Postby Iare Tosevite » Mon Nov 30, 2009 10:05 am

Indeed. And much trading in bricklink too.
Where, where, where is correct way out?
Iare Tosevite

Postby irmasturcheeflol » Mon Nov 30, 2009 1:03 pm

Does anyone know if these are going to sell worldwide or just in UK like the lego games?
Series 1: Cowboy, Indian, Clown, Diver, Spaceman, Zombie, Robot, Forestman, Skater.
irmasturcheeflol

Postby GIR3691 » Mon Nov 30, 2009 1:16 pm

Draykov wrote:

I see a lot of potential for future activity in the buy/sell/trade forum.

I'm not a huge fan of trading online. This will be fantastic for LUG meetings though. :idea:
>>[email protected] <<
GIR3691
Staff Writer

Postby Draykov » Mon Nov 30, 2009 1:33 pm

Just did the math...if the straight conversion is anything to go by in terms of price in USD (which it may not be), 25 SEK (Swedish kronor) comes to somewhere between $3.50 and $4. I suppose the bigger question is, will these be deemed marketable in North America?
Hail Space!
Draykov

Postby Raequan » Mon Nov 30, 2009 2:55 pm

They probably will be sold in the US. I remember when I was about 5 or 6, they sold these little toys in opaque polybags that came with candy (Like Kabaya but an American brand) and they sold really well (I ended up with about 30 of the little things). The concept of buying small toys and wondering what you'll get in each bag always appealed to me for some reason. It will probably appeal to the parents too, with the low price.
Any of the parents here, would it be that big of an issue to let your kid get a $3 or $4 toy every now and again?
Probably not. The kids are happy, and the parents aren't bleeding out their wallets. So, anyway, I see a really big profit to be made off of these. Good move LEGO, good move.
Raequan

Postby Draykov » Mon Nov 30, 2009 5:31 pm

Solo wrote:Effin. Sweet.

"If this is a consular ship, WHERE is the ambassador?" Do you have any info, Don? Anything not posted in the Brickset article that is?
Hail Space!
Draykov

Re: Collectible Minifig Polybags - June 2010

Postby Jargon » Mon Nov 30, 2009 6:34 pm

Thanks for the title change Draykov. Having properly/intelligently titled threads make me feel both war and fuzzy inside.
    - Aaron
Jargon

Re: Collectible Minifig Polybags - June 2010

Postby meeotch » Mon Nov 30, 2009 9:48 pm

Jargon wrote:both war and fuzzy inside.
    - Aaron

quoted for Freud.
"Always carefully check the source of your internet quotes" - Abraham Lincoln
meeotch

Next

Return to Original Themes