Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

[NEW STUFF] Castle: Kingdoms

Though we don't cover them in detail on FBTB, we all still love our Castle, Pirates, and Space LEGO too.

Re: [NEW STUFF] Castle: Kingdoms

Postby banthafodder » Fri Dec 24, 2010 10:08 am

Yay, goats!
banthafodder

Postby Draykov » Fri Dec 24, 2010 10:43 am

Slightly more detailed shots than previously linked to.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/57393885@N ... otostream/
Hail Space!
Draykov

Postby GIR3691 » Sun Dec 26, 2010 10:37 pm

Found via Eurobricks:

9349 Fairytale and Historic Minifigure Set
GPB 39.99, not available in the US

(Wasn't really sure where to put this. I figured Castle was closest to fairy tales).
>>[email protected] <<
GIR3691
Staff Writer

Postby Draykov » Sun Feb 06, 2011 3:39 pm

From German toy fair (posted at Eurobricks):

Hail Space!
Draykov

Postby Flynn » Sun Feb 06, 2011 7:58 pm

Wow. LOVE the direction LEGO's been taking with Castle in the last year, what with them branching more into actual medieval times rather than the more fantasy approach they were using for a while. Not that there was anything wrong with that, per se, but I really like them showing more castles, villages, and what-have-you than the usual.

Overall, this looks to be a pretty great set- the new animals look particularly nice (LEGO has always been rather lacking in the animal department, I feel). Not too fond of the windmill, as it looks like they molded an entirely new part where the old ladder piece would've done fine, but I'll wait 'till the set comes out before I pass further judgment.
joecrowaz on Flickr wrote:Flynn you little wussy with a purple robed fairy for an icon,

Flickr Brickshelf
Flynn

Postby Robzula » Sun Feb 06, 2011 10:15 pm

I am in love with that set. I want more civilian\town building sort of stuff from lines other than City and this fits the bill nicely. It'll go great with my Medieval Marketplace (by far my favorite Castle set).
Robzula
Staff Writer

Postby cas » Sun Feb 06, 2011 10:57 pm

Are those white cylinders to the right of the chickens supposed to be eggs?
cas
Staff Writer

Postby Aharown » Thu Feb 10, 2011 2:45 pm

Clearer pictures here:

This looks like a perfect complementary set for the Medieval market village. I think I'll be getting this one...

More, too:

<><
Aharown

Postby legotopia » Tue Feb 15, 2011 7:16 pm

I need Lego to make more female minifigs. I can't get enough for my daughter. She wants lots and lots of princesses.
legotopia

Postby Draykov » Wed Feb 16, 2011 8:46 am

I feel your pain. :)
Hail Space!
Draykov

Postby eriochrome » Wed Feb 16, 2011 1:22 pm

They have more females now than they did when I was a kid with like 1 princess total in the late 80's. My daughter has Prison Tower for the Lion Princess, Advent Calendar for the Lion Queen and a Green Female who sometimes plays the baddie princess. Mill Village looks to have a female farmer and there are two in the MMV but I think the PotC have some more females coming also. Ofcourse none of these are cheap 6-20 dollar sets.

Ofcourse their is always Princess Leia currently available in 3 outfits (New Hope, Hoth, Endor).
eriochrome

Postby dWhisper » Thu Feb 17, 2011 3:34 pm

You can make several passable minifigs just by buying up the heads and hair and using 2-high slopes as dresses. Mix in a simple torso and perhaps a cape and it works well. They're actually relatively cheap to get most of the female faces, so long as you don't wander into some of the rare fleshy territory, and a lot of the hairstyles are available relatively cheap as well.

Also, there's the option to pick up the "build-a-fig" packs at LEGO (the 3-figs for $10), which almost always include half of the pirate wenches. I try to grab one and some more eclectic parts from those bins every time I make it to a store.
If the above post didn't offend you, you're probably reading it wrong.
dWhisper

Postby Draykov » Thu Feb 17, 2011 3:55 pm

Just imagine for a moment the average fashionable lady's shoe-closet and you begin to understand the constant demand for variety. Granted, female selection has greatly improved over the last few years by leaps and bounds. But with the female minifig population being rather small, recycled torsos and hairpieces in sets currently for sale has a greater impact than it does for male figs. My daughter has like a billion of these.
Hail Space!
Draykov

Previous

Return to Original Themes