Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

LEGO The Movie?

Though we don't cover them in detail on FBTB, we all still love our Castle, Pirates, and Space LEGO too.

LEGO The Movie?

Postby Jedd the Jedi » Sun Nov 22, 2009 8:03 pm

I couldn't find a thread on this, but wanted to post it immediately. I hope it goes into this section of the forum too. I just read news about a possible LEGO movie by L1N Pictures, who were also responsible for Terminator Salvation and Sherlock Holmes.

article at Variety.com

L1N Pictures In Development page

Article at The Guardian.co.uk

This comes admist news of movies based on other toy franchises including Battleship, Monopoly, Hot Wheels and even View Master. Early news says the film will be a combination of animation (stop-motion and/or CGI) and live-action. I can't begin to fathom what a full-length LEGO movie would be like. The plot is being kept tightly under wraps, but it's described in the Variety article as "an action adventure set in a Lego world". Stop-motion LEGO stretching the length of the movie? The story of a child's obsession with LEGO? It boggles me almost as much as the idea of a View Master movie.

Thoughts?
Jedd the Jedi

Re: LEGO The Movie?

Postby GIR3691 » Sun Nov 22, 2009 8:50 pm

>>[email protected] <<
GIR3691
Staff Writer

Return to Original Themes