Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

Mars Mission or Space Police 3

Though we don't cover them in detail on FBTB, we all still love our Castle, Pirates, and Space LEGO too.

Mars Mission or Space Police 3

Postby CommanderHawk » Wed Aug 19, 2009 2:58 am

Now Mars Mission has been discontinued :'( , the burden of Lego Space has fallen to Space Police 3.

But I prefer Mars Mission and would do anything to get it back. Mars mission has futuristic and awesome vehicles, and the Aliens craft could kick Vulture droid starfighter sarlacc. So why alternate to space police. Its quite expensive, has no real plot, dosn't come with rare parts like MM, and the designs are slightly awkward.

Post your thoughts

Hahhahahahahahahaaha Ive got a little thing at the bottom, and I know you'll get annoyed every time you read it ;)
CommanderHawk

Re: Mars Mission or Space Police 3

Postby Solo » Wed Aug 19, 2009 9:37 am

CommanderHawk wrote:Hahhahahahahahahaaha Ive got a little thing at the bottom, and I know you'll get annoyed every time you read it ;)

What?
                                                                                                                           Image
Solo

Postby RocketClone » Wed Aug 19, 2009 1:55 pm

^^ Thats the point of the signature you getting annoyed/questionable :)
(Insert funny sig later)
RocketClone

Postby Solo » Wed Aug 19, 2009 2:07 pm

But he doesn't have a signature.
                                                                                                                           Image
Solo

Postby Flynn » Wed Aug 19, 2009 2:43 pm

CommanderHawk wrote:But I prefer Mars Mission and would do anything to get it back. Mars mission has futuristic and awesome vehicles, and the Aliens craft could kick Vulture droid starfighter sarlacc. So why alternate to space police. Its quite expensive, has no real plot, dosn't come with rare parts like MM, and the designs are slightly awkward.

I far prefer SPIII, personally.
Expense wise, I don't think SPIII is any more expensive than other themes out there, and I really doubt it's more expensive than MM was. True, it doesn't really have an in-depth plot, but what LEGO theme does? Besides, it's not like the MM plot was very original. The sets DO come with rare parts, BTW, most of the sets are chock-full of newer and older parts. I will agree with you about the designs, though, with the exception of a couple sets, they do look rather strange.

I will say this, though, SP aliens greatly trump the green immobile blobs MM called "martians". Give me Frenzy over one of those anyday.
joecrowaz on Flickr wrote:Flynn you little wussy with a purple robed fairy for an icon,

Flickr Brickshelf
Flynn

Postby Draykov » Wed Aug 19, 2009 3:15 pm

Not to rain on parades and burst bubbles and what not, but how many this theme vs. that theme threads do we need?
Hail Space!
Draykov

Postby Coret » Wed Aug 19, 2009 3:47 pm

Should we have a list your favorite themes in order of how much you like them instead?
Coret

Postby RocketClone » Wed Aug 19, 2009 4:51 pm

Solo wrote:But he doesn't have a signature.

Well judgeing by how it was there where a signature should be i thought so so my bad. ;)
(Insert funny sig later)
RocketClone

Postby Draykov » Wed Aug 19, 2009 6:51 pm

Coret wrote:Should we have a list your favorite themes in order of how much you like them instead?

How about a list of pointless threads. Yeah, that's better. Quite frankly, I don't care who prefers MM over SPIII or vice versa, and I don't imagine anyone cares what my preference is...at least not in this context where the whole basis of the thread is "A or B" particularly when it involves extant (or very recently so) themes.
Hail Space!
Draykov

Postby CommanderHawk » Thu Aug 20, 2009 11:56 am

I take back everything a I said previously. I was a drunk sh87946g when I posted this review, and I think SP 3 is truly awesome.

I got rid of my hahahahah your so annoyed now thing, did'nt make any sense.
CommanderHawk

Postby Daz Hoo » Fri Aug 21, 2009 6:11 am

CommanderHawk wrote:I take back everything a I said previously. I was a drunk sh87946g when I posted this review, and I think SP 3 is truly awesome.

I got rid of my hahahahah your so annoyed now thing, did'nt make any sense.

Yeah, great excuse to change your mind about your whole post...

And, for the record, I did prefer Mars Mission over Space Police III. But that just me, and it doesn't mean SP III isn't a good theme.
Daz Hoo

Postby bluemoose » Sun Aug 23, 2009 5:47 am

CommanderHawk wrote:Now Mars Mission has been discontinued :'( , the burden of Lego Space has fallen to Space Police 3.

Most 'play themes' only seem to last for 2 years these days, so it wasn't really a surprise that Mars Mission would be discontinued.

There's also a much better game than that complaining about it though; use the MM sets you have to create your own ideas of what "MM2009" should have been like; it's much more rewarding !

Cheers,
Ian
bluemoose

Return to Original Themes