Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

LEGO Atlantis

Though we don't cover them in detail on FBTB, we all still love our Castle, Pirates, and Space LEGO too.

Re: LEGO Atlantis

Postby Aharown » Wed Sep 23, 2009 11:31 am

There's more pictures on Flickr now:

The rest here:http://www.flickr.com/photos/9824337@N06/sets/72157611971635724/

XD
<><
Aharown

Postby hatcher » Wed Sep 23, 2009 3:47 pm

i love that octopus person, whatever it is. Lots of potential in this line.
There are 10 kinds of people in the world, those who can understand binary, and those that can't.
"None of you understand. I'm not locked up in here with you, you are locked up in here with me!" - Rorshach, Watchmen.
hatcher

Postby Marty » Fri Sep 25, 2009 5:39 pm

Sorry to say this folks, but I'm really disapointed in what should have been a great theme.
I honestly don't know what goes on in the minds of designers these days, but with this theme you have thrown logic out the window?
There are many good ideas you could have used to make this theme great, but the best you could come up with was the figures, and one of these has been used before (Harry Potter and the meremaid theme.)
The only exciting point of this whole theme has been the Octopus minifigure, I'll buy that set for this figure alone, the rest, I would consider a waste.
As for the sets, most of which are basic to say the least, don't inspire, instead it's like they where made in haste. I've seen Lego do much better with earlier diver themes, the crab is the only interesting one, but again he's too small.
A Giant shark, (not small!) that eats divers would have been good, except it would be even better if it looked like one and the colours where right?

Now tell me Lego.
-What happened to using meremaids?
-What happened to using Greek temples or ruins, using green / blue bricks like in the Harry Potter meremaid theme?
-What happened to using shipwrecks, I've seen enough pirate ships to know this would have been quite easy to do.
-If you had to use a Submarine why not make it an explorer, I believe you brought one out a year or two ago with a sunken wreck #7776, why not save money and re-release that, anything is better than that these little sub-bike things?

This will not please everyone, but it had to be said, given what the Lego designers had to work with, this is the best they could come up with?
Even using recycled sets, as mentioned above, it still would have made a better theme than what's on offer, Marty.
Marty

Postby banthafodder » Sat Sep 26, 2009 12:37 am

But how could you go wrong with flick fire missiles with flippers XD
banthafodder

Postby meeotch » Sat Sep 26, 2009 4:07 pm

Umm... hello. They're flick fire torpedoes. Gosh. ;)
"Always carefully check the source of your internet quotes" - Abraham Lincoln
meeotch

Postby theJudeAbides » Thu Oct 01, 2009 9:21 am

I'll admit, when I first saw this, I wasn't too excited. However, the promise of finally getting some trans yellow-green windscreens definately has me intrigued. Also, those minifigs look fun as well. We'll see ;)
The beauty of a LEGO MOC is not the elements that go into it, but the way those elements are put together.
theJudeAbides

Postby Septemris » Thu Oct 01, 2009 2:20 pm

Incredible figs. I want them. That octopus creature is my new love.
© Bernard
Septemris

Postby SuperDave » Fri Oct 02, 2009 8:44 am

Remember when we first saw blurry thumbnails of the Power Miners sets? Let's wait until we get the sets in hand (or at least until someone does) and reserve our final judgment until then. Of course, there are some great-looking elements in the Atlantis images, and some wacky designs (do we need more giant sawblades?). But until we get real experience with the sets, we won't know for sure.
SuperDave

Postby bluemoose » Fri Oct 02, 2009 8:51 am

Agreed, this seems to happen every time one of the 'action' themes is released ... lots of snarling & gnashing of teeth when the first crappy images are leaked, which turns in to joy & happiness once people actually get their sticky fingers on them :-)

I think they look pretty good, with lots of play value. We don't even know what interactive features any of the sets have yet !

Ian
bluemoose

Postby meeotch » Sat Oct 03, 2009 12:32 pm

Septemris wrote:Incredible figs. I want them. That octopus creature is my new love.

Oh, you must be from Japan. ;)
meeotch

Postby BlueDragonZ » Wed Oct 07, 2009 10:37 pm

Here are more lego atlantis pictures !!!

BlueDragonZ

Postby BlueDragonZ » Thu Oct 08, 2009 9:48 am

Heres 2 more additional images from the lego atlantis theme making 9 sets in total.
BlueDragonZ

Postby Aharown » Mon Oct 12, 2009 7:42 pm

What a difference high-resolution pictures make!

All of these are looking very promising. I especially like the large submarine in 8075, and the sinister-looking creature in the special edition 8079 looks very nice.

:D
<><
Aharown

Postby meeotch » Mon Oct 12, 2009 10:04 pm

So it's looking like the story will basically be a port of the Power Miners, substituting humans for humans, Atlanteans for Rock Monsters, and wierd little disc-thingies for Power Crystals. Not really sure what to make of those little accessories.
meeotch

Postby Robzula » Mon Oct 12, 2009 11:59 pm

No, in Power Miners they were fighting rock monsters because they posed a threat to the planet. In Atlantis, I'd guess the humans are there looking for treasure.
Robzula
Staff Writer

Postby meeotch » Tue Oct 13, 2009 6:24 am

Mere details....
meeotch

Postby ThinkingImpaired » Tue Oct 13, 2009 11:01 am

I'll probably get the little manta-ray figure. Looks cool. Besides that, I will gladly pass.
Don't you waste away, for tomorrow will soon be today
ThinkingImpaired

Postby Septemris » Mon Oct 19, 2009 5:54 am

meeotch wrote:
Septemris wrote:Incredible figs. I want them. That octopus creature is my new love.

Oh, you must be from Japan. ;)

Schoolgirl octopus FTW !
© Bernard
Septemris

Postby ShockZap » Wed Oct 21, 2009 1:54 pm

meeotch wrote:So it's looking like the story will basically be a port of the Power Miners, substituting humans for humans, Atlanteans for Rock Monsters, and wierd little disc-thingies for Power Crystals. Not really sure what to make of those little accessories.
Also with SPIII, substituting humans for humans, aliens for Atlantians, and gold/space credits for disk things.
I'm probably cooler than all of you combined.

[*Account "temporarily" suspended for excessive rude behavior to other members. Big shocker there - Don]
ShockZap

Postby meeotch » Wed Oct 21, 2009 2:32 pm

Space Cash!!!

Even tied it back into Star Wars!
meeotch

PreviousNext

Return to Original Themes