Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

New 2009 Pics - City, PM, Agents, Space Police

Though we don't cover them in detail on FBTB, we all still love our Castle, Pirates, and Space LEGO too.

Re: New 2009 Pics - City, PM, Agents, Space Police

Postby natelite » Mon Feb 16, 2009 8:46 pm

No one seems to remember to take close up pics of the new agent's vest. If anyone seen a good close up, please post here? many thx XD
natelite

Postby Zekk » Thu Feb 19, 2009 6:45 pm

The alien figs would be great in Star Wars MOCs, such as the cantina or whatever.
"If everyone demanded peace instead of another television set, then there'd be peace." - John Lennon
Zekk

Postby Chosen One » Tue Feb 24, 2009 1:41 am

Am I the only one not really all into this new Space Police?

I dunno, I don't like the open visors of the cops, and how they look like bandits themthelves. Actually they remind me of the Starship troopers.

With that said I like the cops' ships, except for that gimick that releases the prison tubes. But the alien guys' ships... well they're too busy and more like Madmax vehicles for me than rather a space theme. IMO
Chosen One

Postby ThinkingImpaired » Tue Feb 24, 2009 10:48 am

I don't like the new Space Police either. Yuck.
Don't you waste away, for tomorrow will soon be today
ThinkingImpaired

Postby Marty » Sat Feb 28, 2009 6:22 pm

I think the new Space police shows promise, a lot more than I can say for the power miners theme, honestly I could have made this theme better in my sleep, and thats saying something?
I ought to know, I have the original rockraiders theme, though not that popular it still showed promise unlike this latest creation, what where they thinking?
At least if you going to do a mining theme, come up with a mineshaft, or at least make it more interesting.
Rockraiders, had the rock monster, all the gang, and all the machines including the processing plant, this miners theme is just plain bad.
The space theme however has got a range of weird monsters, (including the police?) nice that, I think though they should have built some sort of space bank or police station for to put these characters to work, in that they have to get up to some trouble?

Regards Marty
Marty

Postby UOldPirate » Thu Mar 05, 2009 11:45 pm

I've got mixed feelings on the new Space Police. I like the police ships, especially the Galactic Enforcer. It reminds me of the large classic space sets like of the Galaxy Commander and Star Fleet Voyager. Plus the classic space 30 year statue is a very nice touch. The only thing I don't care for, as previously mentioned, is technic and black round pieces that stick out off the prisoner tubes. It takes away from the sleek styling of the ships.

However, I don't really like for the alien side of the sets. The alien mini-figs are OK, not great, but not the worst either. Their space hot-rod styled ships are the real problem, they just don't seem to fit. They're too boxy, like the flying Winnebago in Space Balls. It would be nice if the police ships were sold separately. If Lego stopped the Star Wars line, they might be more appealing, but with Lego's strong SW lineup for summer I'm not sure if I'm going to be picking any of these up.
UOldPirate

Previous

Return to Original Themes