Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

New 2009 Pics - City, PM, Agents, Space Police

Though we don't cover them in detail on FBTB, we all still love our Castle, Pirates, and Space LEGO too.

New 2009 Pics - City, PM, Agents, Space Police

Postby ccjwprongs » Wed Feb 11, 2009 4:43 pm

http://www.pockyland.net/viewthread.php?tid=10431

Catalog pics of late 2009 City, Power Miners, Agents, and Space Police! :D

edited by Chief: Sorry Chris. Normality Restored.
Neeeooowwwwww
ccjwprongs

Re: New 2009 Pics - City, PM, Agents, Space Police

Postby Solo » Wed Feb 11, 2009 5:35 pm

Yup, seems we're goin' for the super relaxed feel... sorry for holding you back!

Anyways, on the sets, HA! Love all the goofy aliens. The space line really feels like Space again. I hope they stick with the trans dark blue canopies (considering these are preliminary pics).
                                                                                                                           Image
Solo

Postby Big C » Wed Feb 11, 2009 5:38 pm

Win. Everything. Win.
Big C

Postby Solo » Wed Feb 11, 2009 5:45 pm

OK, so, after drooling over SPACE, there's still a lot of interesting things going on elsewhere. Agents is looking as fun as ever, is that dome thing on the mech from those Duplo eggs, or is it new? Rock raiders seems to be a step down, but I like the large molded monster. And the chick's hair on the RV? Fantastic.
                                                                                                                           Image
Solo

Postby Jake » Wed Feb 11, 2009 5:56 pm

Some awesome stuff there. Agents is looking better than ever this year, some great designs. Also, militarists will love the new body armour piece. SP3 Still looks good, and the aliens are great!

Town is looking amazing too, this year is the year of the civvies.

I can't wait to see these up for sale.
Jake

Postby Jettbacca » Wed Feb 11, 2009 5:57 pm

Oh my god those are amazing! I love the agents, the castle, the space police figs, and the Venator especially.
In the words of Dr.Evil- "All I want are some sharks with frickin' laser beams attached to their heads!"
Jettbacca

Postby uubergeek » Wed Feb 11, 2009 6:45 pm

Wow! normal green hands... i never thought i'd see the day!!!
Chris C. :::: My Flickr :::: My Site
uubergeek

Postby Draykov » Wed Feb 11, 2009 7:39 pm

Solo wrote:Agents is looking as fun as ever, is that dome thing on the mech from those Duplo eggs, or is it new?

Looks pretty similar, but the Duplo eggs had 4 large Duplo-sized studs on top. Image
Hail Space!
Draykov

Postby Flynn » Wed Feb 11, 2009 9:03 pm

Betcha someone's gonna use it for a Robby the Robot MOC.
joecrowaz on Flickr wrote:Flynn you little wussy with a purple robed fairy for an icon,

Flickr Brickshelf
Flynn

Postby Solo » Wed Feb 11, 2009 9:30 pm

They better...
                                                                                                                           Image
Solo

Postby Prince Kahuka » Wed Feb 11, 2009 9:31 pm

Awesome! My favorite part of collecting LEGO is getting new parts/colors, and new minifig hair is at the top of that list. We may get the Irina Spalko hair in red, the female agent hair in red brown (as opposed to dark brown), Dr. Inferno's hair with lime highlights instead of orange, and a brand-new long wavy female hair in red brown! (I think I also saw it in blond in an upcoming Indiana Jones set.) Plus other parts in new colors like the baby T-Rex in gold, the new Pirates spyglass in orange, and 1×1 tooth plates in dark red (or maybe they're regular red?). The three citizen torsos in 8970 Robo Attack also look new. I wonder if they'll be in the final version? I also like all the new alien heads in Space Police.

Anyone else notice any cool new parts or colors?
Prince Kahuka

Postby Monkfish » Thu Feb 12, 2009 6:21 am

I pretty much love every set coming out this year, especially City, Star Wars and Indiana Jones.

It's nice to see TLC going back to it's roots in the City line with more civilian sets. I hope they carry on in that direction, and for someone like me who loves minifigs these sets are more than welcome!

Has there been any confirmation that the UK won't see the SPIII? I really need those aliens.
Monkfish

Postby Green Brick Giant » Thu Feb 12, 2009 11:48 am

The City sets are nice, hopefully they will be cheaper than the Farm sets.

However I'm quite pleased with Space Police and the new Agents sets. Agents last time were OK, I didn't have any money to spend on them, but this year's is very nice! I like the addition of the civilians, makes them seem more James Bond and 50's B-Movies. Now if they added a giant lizard it would be the best theme ever.
"It seems that the more (idiotic, foolish, childish, moronic )passionate members of our community are getting a little upset and impatient to say the least."
Green Brick Giant

Postby SkwerlJones » Thu Feb 12, 2009 3:38 pm

Wow, where to start!

City:
These sets appear to around the same standard as the previous sets. The camper looks like a great model, and has an interesting color scheme. The best thing about the camper, however, is that fantastic new hair piece! The two larger sets also seem very good. I am also happy to find that Lego City is going green. ;)

Space Police:
Definately the best of the bunch. I think the incredible minifigs are enough of a reason to buy each set. The vehicles designs are very sleek and cool looking. (Am I the only one who thinks the one police cruiser in Gold Heist looks like a Cylon Raider?)

Agents:
Some of these sets have me very excited. Some of the most interesting things I have seen are the golden dinosaur; new, red Spalko hair; minifig with the red covering his eyes (anyone know what that is?); army of robots! I find it cool how Lego just stuck the lever piece on the neck, I didn't think that was "legal".

Power Miners:
!Warning Boss Fight! The new rock monsters look pretty neat, kind of an old throw-back to the old rock monsters. The mobile fortress thing looks huge! The picture above it shows that it can transform into a HUGE(r) tower. It also kind of funny that they are now holding the little monsters as prisoners. You do the crime, you do the time. XD
They're all wasted!
SkwerlJones

Postby Draykov » Sun Feb 15, 2009 11:25 pm

What better way to honor the 30th anniversary of LEGO Space than by releasing an awesome new Space line? Release it with Classic figs! Failing that, release it with an homage to Classic figs.
Hail Space!
Draykov

Postby Solo » Sun Feb 15, 2009 11:28 pm

Plus the sticker that says In thirty years of building, the sky is the limit In latin... Sci probably will get all hot for that.
                                                                                                                           Image
Solo

Postby Hunter » Mon Feb 16, 2009 7:41 am

The Space Police really does have the feeling of the original line... one of the few from my youth in the 80's that I had most of the sets from. That being said, I still like the original style jail cells/detention pods. Ok, ok, so they had bars, and were meant for flying in space.. hmm... I guess breathing was not SO important after they caught the nefarious criminals.

Still, it is exciting to see the line again. I love the look of the cruiser from Gold Heist.
Hunter

Postby Veers » Mon Feb 16, 2009 9:22 am

I love the way the new Space Police look. I'm in love with the ship from Gold Heist.
Bureacracy: You have two cows. The government says what and when you can feed them. You are paid not to, and the government takes your cows, shoots one and milks the other dry. You have to fill out forms accounting for missing cows.
Veers

Postby MrCRskater » Mon Feb 16, 2009 2:48 pm

SO stoked about the new Space Police line!!! Takes me right back to my childhood, as did the Pirate sets (which I really wanted, but the prices seem a little high to me). Looks like there's a pretty good spread, too! I'm also excited for all the new alien figures. Definitely gonna have to grab a couple of those sets.
MrCRskater
Staff Writer

Postby Veers » Mon Feb 16, 2009 7:31 pm

I'm really excited about SP. I love the designs of the figs, and a few of the aliens really caught my eye.
Bureacracy: You have two cows. The government says what and when you can feed them. You are paid not to, and the government takes your cows, shoots one and milks the other dry. You have to fill out forms accounting for missing cows.
Veers

Next

Return to Original Themes