Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

[NEW STUFF] City/Exclusive: 10199 Winter Toy Shop

Though we don't cover them in detail on FBTB, we all still love our Castle, Pirates, and Space LEGO too.

[NEW STUFF] City/Exclusive: 10199 Winter Toy Shop

Postby Draykov » Sun May 24, 2009 8:17 am

As seen on BrothersBrick and Amazon.jp.
Last edited by Draykov on Sat Oct 10, 2009 12:41 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Hail Space!
Draykov

Re: 10199 Creator Christmas

Postby rocksteady » Wed May 27, 2009 8:10 am

beautiful set. I really like the house...well designed and the characters look exlusive. There's even a jack-in-the-box. :)
rocksteady

Postby Crusader » Wed May 27, 2009 8:21 am

A worthy addition to the ever-growing annual Crusader Family Lego Christmas party diorama.
"He is a very shallow critic who cannot see an eternal rebel in the heart of a conservative." - G.K. Chesterton
Crusader

Postby Flynn » Wed May 27, 2009 6:47 pm

I love that they're once again doing a Christmas set that's actually reminiscent of Christmas, rather than the countless City calendars we've gone through recently.

That house looks really good, and I like the snowman and the dog/teddy bear/whatever the heck that is under the tree.

Though, how many sets are we going to get that feature that Jester hat?
joecrowaz on Flickr wrote:Flynn you little wussy with a purple robed fairy for an icon,

Flickr Brickshelf
Flynn

Postby UOldPirate » Wed May 27, 2009 10:16 pm

Lego did a great job on this set. The only things missing are real lights for the Christmas tree and street lights and a music box similar to one for the Grand Carousel for Christmas music. I wish I bought the holiday train as a companion set.
UOldPirate

Postby Lego Engineer » Wed May 27, 2009 11:43 pm

Looks like a great set. I might have to pick it up. I do think the stand on the ladder looks too blocky. Overall though it looks good.
Lego Engineer

Postby Duckman » Thu May 28, 2009 4:47 am

That has got to be the most awful rendition of a snowman. Thats terrible. It doesn't even look like a snowman >:(
Duckman

Postby Draykov » Thu May 28, 2009 10:59 am

And yet, you recognized it as a snowman. ;)
Hail Space!
Draykov

Postby Lego Engineer » Thu May 28, 2009 3:51 pm

Is it just me or is the star on the top of the tree a new piece?
Lego Engineer

Postby Draykov » Thu May 28, 2009 3:54 pm

Lego Engineer wrote:Is it just me or is the star on the top of the tree a new piece?

It has appeared before in other colors in Bellvile sets.
Last edited by Draykov on Fri May 29, 2009 7:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
Hail Space!
Draykov

Postby Puddleglum » Fri May 29, 2009 5:34 am

Duckman wrote:That has got to be the most awful rendition of a snowman. Thats terrible. It doesn't even look like a snowman >:(

Perhaps you could enlighten us by posting what you think a proper minifig-scale LEGO snowman should look like?
Im in ur flickr
Puddleglum

Postby Duckman » Sun May 31, 2009 2:35 am

Puddleglum wrote:
Duckman wrote:That has got to be the most awful rendition of a snowman. Thats terrible. It doesn't even look like a snowman >:(

Perhaps you could enlighten us by posting what you think a proper minifig-scale LEGO snowman should look like?

Thats easy, get a lego mini fig, take it outside when its snowing, dunk the sucker in that white puffiness, and voila ... instant 'snowman'

Seriously though...

http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?i=3552395

There used to be more, but can't remember where I saw them. Someone once MOC'd an even better one with teeny tiny little white mini fig body parts and technic pieces.... looked stunning, but definately can't remember what site I saw it on...
Duckman

Postby Logan » Sun May 31, 2009 12:19 pm

I don't really mind that snowman at all... I've made snowmen in my youth that looked kinda like that.

Some were large and round, some were tall and had weird lumps on them... depends on what you like. Same as LEGO.

Works for me.
Logan

Postby Draykov » Sun May 31, 2009 2:50 pm

It's a perfectly decent snowman. In fact, it uses some of the same parts (albeit smaller) as the one you linked to, Duckman. Sure, they could make a really fancy 3"-5" tall snowman, but that would drive up the cost of the set, and it's not really about the snowman. Including a 20-45 piece snowman means (for example) replacing the big Christmas tree with another one of these:

Hail Space!
Draykov

Postby Duckman » Mon Jun 01, 2009 2:01 am

Draykov wrote:It's a perfectly decent snowman. In fact, it uses some of the same parts (albeit smaller) as the one you linked to, Duckman. Sure, they could make a really fancy 3"-5" tall snowman, but that would drive up the cost of the set, and it's not really about the snowman. Including a 20-45 piece snowman means (for example) replacing the big Christmas tree with another one of these:

:'( uhhh... Thats my whole point, by using the same number of pieces as they used, they could have made a much better one like the one in the link. I never said to make a fancy 3" -5" snowman... I think you missed it, but the whole point was that with the same amount of parts, give or take, it could have been a lot better. Just like the probe droid in the Hoth Star Wars Rebel Base. That thing is shockingly ugly, and with less parts, they also could have made a better probe droid.

They could have made a 4000 piece xmas set too, that would have been really fancy, but my point was just that with a small number of parts they could have made something a lot more realistic, as a lot of the other areas of this set are.
Duckman

Postby Draykov » Mon Jun 01, 2009 8:30 am

Duckman wrote: uhhh... Thats my whole point

Part size and availability (in a current production run) are factors to be considered. Maybe you missed that when I was making the comparison between the image you linked to and the snowman in the set. Unless your point is that you'd rather have a more detailed snowman than a more detailed Christmas tree, you're oversimplifying. You're entitled to your opinion, of course...I just happen to find it unjustified.
Hail Space!
Draykov

Postby lego-method » Mon Jun 01, 2009 9:24 am

It looks awesome...hopefully if there's enough cashflow by Christmas i'll get one. Also, to cash in on the free shipping Lego promotes before Christmas.
lego-method

Postby Logan » Mon Jun 01, 2009 3:33 pm

This set might actually come out in time for me to use it in the only thing I've been working on lately, which is a massive Castle/Pirate mashup diorama...

Knowing me, let's see if it ever gets done. But this set happens to work perfectly with a few basic part swaps.
Logan

Postby Duckman » Wed Jun 03, 2009 5:00 am

Draykov wrote:
Duckman wrote: uhhh... Thats my whole point

Part size and availability (in a current production run) are factors to be considered. Maybe you missed that when I was making the comparison between the image you linked to and the snowman in the set. Unless your point is that you'd rather have a more detailed snowman than a more detailed Christmas tree, you're oversimplifying. You're entitled to your opinion, of course...I just happen to find it unjustified.

Dude XD I am saying, they could have built a better snowman with roughly the same number of pieces. This has nothing to do with the tree, forget the tree. Pretend the tree is over there <--- and the snowman is over here ---> XD Thats like saying, 'Because you think the side cannons on a UCS AT-ST should be slightly different in style, that they will have to make smaller and lower quality legs???'

Its the same for the Imperial Probe Droid in the Hoth set. Actually, in that case, for even less parts they could have made a better probe droid that looked realistic. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion yes, but unjustified? Well, ironically, thats your opinion ;)
Duckman

Postby legodeathstrike » Thu Jun 18, 2009 9:10 am

definitally going to get this set for the kids.

I really like the house design, it's too bad it wasn't made any bigger.
legodeathstrike

Next

Return to Original Themes