Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

Green Grocer vs Cafe Corner

Though we don't cover them in detail on FBTB, we all still love our Castle, Pirates, and Space LEGO too.

Green Grocer vs Cafe Corner

Postby kelano28 » Tue Apr 21, 2009 4:43 pm

So I'm contemplating picking up either green grocer or cafe corner soon, as they both look amazing. Does anyone see one as superior in terms of the build? I know cafe corner doesn't have an inside really but it looks awesome..

thanks..
kelano28

Re: Green Grocer vs Cafe Corner

Postby Duckman » Wed Apr 22, 2009 5:11 am

My suggestion is to do what I did...

Buy both :cool:
Duckman

Postby SuperDave » Wed Apr 22, 2009 6:39 am

Green Grocer is more detailed (and has higher "resolution" in its details) than Cafe Corner. CC has more intricate building techniques (the corner tower, especially). Partswise they're very similar; you're getting piles of parts in good colors that are hard to amass elsewhere. Check out the parts lists on Peeron and see which set fits your preferred building style/parts needs. They're both great sets (I have both); if you can't get both, I don't blame you for having a hard time choosing.
SuperDave

Postby winbrant » Mon May 11, 2009 11:34 am

I have both of these and love them both...CC for it's classic lines and detail and GG for the same things in addition to the interiors (and back stairwell).

CC came out in 2007 and is no longer available from S@H. As such the availability and price might be lower and higher, respectively than getting GG. Hmmm...just noticed that Market Street just went to Sold Out...another nice set.

So what with availability and the comments from SuperDave I'd go GG.

However, IF you do find a CC sitting around at a LEGO Brand shop (or a used one off BrickLink) I'd get it and then folow up with a GG as they really do complement one another nicely.
winbrant

Postby Puddleglum » Mon May 11, 2009 1:26 pm

winbrant wrote:CC came out in 2007 and is no longer available from S@H. As such the availability and price might be lower and higher, respectively than getting GG.

Not sure what country you're viewing from, but it's still available in the US from S@H.

SuperDave wrote:Green Grocer is more detailed (and has higher "resolution" in its details) than Cafe Corner. CC has more intricate building techniques (the corner tower, especially). Partswise they're very similar; you're getting piles of parts in good colors that are hard to amass elsewhere. Check out the parts lists on Peeron and see which set fits your preferred building style/parts needs. They're both great sets (I have both); if you can't get both, I don't blame you for having a hard time choosing.

This is good advice - I would look at the parts inventories of each and decide which parts you think you would find more useful. (But this might not actually help your decision much, as they both come with a ton of great parts!) Both offer a great value for what what you pay, despite their high total cost. Average sale price for all the parts in Green Grocer on BrickLink is $313, and for Cafe Corner, $249. Which I guess means that overall, Green Grocer comes with more rare/desirable parts.
Im in ur flickr
Puddleglum

Postby SuperDave » Tue May 12, 2009 8:55 am

Puddleglum wrote:...Green Grocer comes with more rare/desirable parts.

Fruits and veggies!

Edit: Oh yes, and awesomeness.
SuperDave

Postby Solo » Tue May 12, 2009 10:10 am

Image
Solo

Return to Original Themes