Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

sold out Agents sets

Though we don't cover them in detail on FBTB, we all still love our Castle, Pirates, and Space LEGO too.

sold out Agents sets

Postby b4p » Fri Apr 17, 2009 1:04 pm

Deep Sea Quest (8636) and Volcano Base (8637) are both sold out on the lego store. Are they coming back? I'm curious because I might end up having to buy them soon to avoid paying much higher prices.
b4p

Re: sold out Agents sets

Postby Draykov » Fri Apr 17, 2009 2:00 pm

I'm pretty sure they were both store exclusives (Volcano Base was a TRU exclusive, the other was exclusive to Target). I would not count on them coming back to Shop@Home. You want 'em? FInd 'em now on Bricklink...that's my advice. :)
Hail Space!
Draykov

Postby Puddleglum » Fri Apr 17, 2009 7:42 pm

Especially considering that there are a bunch of Agents sets in the pipeline for this summer, I would assume these are gone for good. If you really want them, I would snag them now on Bricklink while prices are still around MSRP.
Im in ur flickr
Puddleglum

Postby GIR3691 » Sat Apr 18, 2009 10:24 am

I wish Volcano Base had gone on sale at some point. Just kinda' disappeared in my TRU.
>>[email protected] <<
GIR3691
Staff Writer

Postby b4p » Sat Apr 18, 2009 8:42 pm

thanks guys; i just put in a few orders on bricklink. I had to get a second one of these:
http://www.bricklink.com/catalogItemPic.asp?M=agt019
b4p

Postby infallible » Sun Apr 19, 2009 2:51 am

Good decision. That Volcano base was MEGATIGHT. I really loved building it and it has a lot of fun little elements in it. (Including the awesome robot-armed lady. I think her name is Clawdette.) The sub was all right, but that neon green headed dude cracks me up.

I don't know if anyone else feels this way, but the Agents line is probably my favorite line in a long time. It's all kinds of fun!
infallible

Postby SuperDave » Tue Apr 21, 2009 7:12 am

infallible wrote:...the Agents line is ...all kinds of fun!

I agree. I can barely keep myself from buying them all.
SuperDave

Postby b4p » Thu Apr 23, 2009 7:21 pm

the mobile command center (mission 6) is now sold out on S@H, but TRU had like 10 of them
b4p

Postby Mofo Jones » Thu Apr 23, 2009 10:38 pm

I'm going to have to suck it up and buy the speedboat rescue set. I mostly want the sharks, but I don't want to pay BL prices for them and if I bring home the Brickbeard pirate ship, my wife will not be pleased.
Will Tactically Consult for money, food or LEGO.
Mofo Jones
Staff Writer

Postby Puddleglum » Fri Apr 24, 2009 8:26 am

Mofo Jones wrote:I'm going to have to suck it up and buy the speedboat rescue set. I mostly want the sharks, but I don't want to pay BL prices for them and if I bring home the Brickbeard pirate ship, my wife will not be pleased.

LOL, we seem to have gone through the exact same analysis with reguards to aquiring the new sharks. I'm still mad they put an alligator in Loot Island instead of a shark. Anyways I'm kind of holding out hope that they'll put a shark in a cheaper Pirates set sometime in the future. And heck, as long as I'm indulging myself in pleasant fantasies, maybe they'll even put one in the rumored Pirates Advent Calendar! And maybe it will be available in the US! aaaand . . . I guess this is where the flying pigs come in.

EDIT: Ha! Right after I typed the above post, I logged into Flickr and found this on my home page:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/benlego/3470964052/
Looks like we're getting a sawfish with the advent calendar. Which I guess is cool in a better-than-nothing sort of way.
Im in ur flickr
Puddleglum

Postby b4p » Fri Apr 24, 2009 10:37 am

Mission 6: Mobile Command Center has changed to "Call to check product availability". I'm waiting for some clearance sales on the rest of them.

they updated the thumbnail on S@H:
edit: they changed it back, at one point it said "2.0"
Last edited by b4p on Mon Apr 27, 2009 10:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
b4p

Postby GIR3691 » Fri Apr 24, 2009 6:52 pm

Mission 6 is listed as SOLD OUT now in US.
>>[email protected] <<
GIR3691
Staff Writer

Postby infallible » Mon Apr 27, 2009 5:44 pm

Locally, I'm still seeing the MCC at TRU retail. If you're on the fence about it, I highly recommend getting it. There are a lot of cool play features in that set that aren't immediately clear on the package. I had a lot of fun building it, and still have fun messing around with it now. (The little projector screen makes me smile every time.)
infallible

Postby SuperDave » Wed Apr 29, 2009 6:57 am

infallible wrote:... I highly recommend getting (the Mobile Command Center).

I concur- this is one of the most incredible sets I've built in the last two years (and that includes the UCS Falcon, Green Grocer, and Thunder Driller). My wife even loves to play with it- I haven't had the heart to tear it apart yet.
SuperDave

Return to Original Themes