Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

Enable HTML [MOD]

We are always interested in improving our community. Got an idea? Let us hear it!

Enable HTML [MOD]

Postby Jetrooper » Tue Feb 10, 2009 4:19 pm

This would be helpful to me, or others who use HTML more than bbCode.

phpBBHacks wrote:Allows authorized users to post full, unrestricted HTML (including JavaScript) in posts/signatures. In the hands of someone with poor intentions (or even someone who doesn't know what they are doing), this could be used to create a major security vulnerability on your forums and you should never allow any random user to post HTML. An example of a good usage of this hack would be if the administrator wants to use HTML in his or her posts.

It has a new forum permission which allows you to specify specific users or groups who can post HTML in specific forums and a user permission which allows the posting of HTML in all forums.

This also allows users who have HTML in their signatures to have that HTML be displayed (but only in forums where they are authorized to post HTML). Any previously posted HTML code will be shown as well if the user has been authorized to post it in that forum.

http://www.phpbbhacks.com/download/8606
Jetrooper

Re: Enable HTML [MOD]

Postby Solo » Tue Feb 10, 2009 4:37 pm

I don't see this happening... BBCode works fine for the simple stuff allowed. No need to overcomplicate the process for the benefit of a few members.
                                                                                                                           Image
Solo

Postby Kyle » Tue Feb 10, 2009 4:51 pm

So you want us to open our shiny, happy new forums to possibly malicious HTML code and JavaScript just so you don't have to use square brackets instead of angle brackets? :P
Kyle

Postby Jetrooper » Tue Feb 10, 2009 4:53 pm

No, I'm just sick of putting [img=""]. ;)
Jetrooper

Postby Solo » Tue Feb 10, 2009 5:09 pm

Oh come on... you just have to click the button and then toss in the url!

(OK, yeah, I'm glad I'm not the only one that does that from time to time.)
                                                                                                                           Image
Solo

Postby Jake » Tue Feb 10, 2009 5:15 pm

I actually prefer to type the code out instead of clicking the button. No idea why, but I'm fine with it as-is...
Jake

Postby Jetrooper » Tue Feb 10, 2009 5:19 pm

Jake wrote:I actually prefer to type the code out instead of clicking the button...

Same here. It seems faster to me.
Jetrooper

Postby dWhisper » Tue Feb 10, 2009 8:29 pm

No. HTML is far too easy to abuse and twist, plus it removes any of the controls that PHPBB has built in to prevent abuses. BBCode images work just fine. And if you don't like typing all the stuff, there are these things right above the post box called buttons that put it in there for you.
If the above post didn't offend you, you're probably reading it wrong.
dWhisper

Return to Suggestions