Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

bring back star wars

We are always interested in improving our community. Got an idea? Let us hear it!

Re: bring back star wars

Postby infallible » Thu Apr 02, 2009 1:08 pm

Lego Engineer wrote:Can someone please confirm whether this an April fools joke or a serious change. Now it's the 2nd of April can it be changed back to the Star Wars theme now. I'm over the joke so could we just get back to normal.

The only joke around here are all of you Star Wars fans desperately gripping to your sad old LEGO theme. Open your eyes, people! Embrace the future. Star Wars had a (mediocre) run, but it's time is past. Power Miners are fresh, new, and exciting!
infallible

Postby dakdogba » Thu Apr 02, 2009 1:32 pm

dakdogba

Postby Solo » Thu Apr 02, 2009 1:53 pm

Psst: you can now see the Star Wars forum again - viewforum.php?f=8 - But we're keeping the Power Miners theme. Nothing beats a compromise, right? :)
                                                                                                                           Image
Solo

Postby meeotch » Thu Apr 02, 2009 1:55 pm

Compromise, schmompromise. Fork over that password, and we can talk! ;)
"Always carefully check the source of your internet quotes" - Abraham Lincoln
meeotch

Postby Chief » Thu Apr 02, 2009 2:02 pm

That was my fault. Apologies.

Can we cut the whining back -even just a little- please? We consulted with very well-respected members of the community before embarking on this change, and if what the members of secret forum have to say isn't good enough for you guys, maybe it's for the betterment of FBTB that the member chaff gets blown out. :\

It's very telling that we have members who are mature and understanding and willing to see where we go with this change, and when we have people who feel like the world should be handed to them on a platter.
Chief

Postby Solo » Thu Apr 02, 2009 2:02 pm

Er, what password? :cool:
                                                                                                                           Image
Solo

Postby yankeeken » Thu Apr 02, 2009 6:13 pm

Joedward wrote:Star Wars stopped being cool when the Clone Wars came out.

If that ain't the truth, then I don't know what is.
yankeeken

Postby Joedward » Fri Apr 03, 2009 5:40 am

Yeah, I don't really agree with that. I was just playing along with all that was going on.

Though, in all honesty, the franchise has been going down hill since I was old enough to realise just how awful the PT is compared to the OT. But that's a whole other rant right there. Now I would rather see the site back to normal. But whining and bith about it all isn't doing anything, so I don't really see the point.
The staff have control of the site, and so ultimately it's their decision for anything and everything that gets done.
~Ed
(that's Mr. Ed to you)

(T!!!!!!!T=:|[\########################################
Joedward

Postby Jedd the Jedi » Fri Apr 03, 2009 5:53 am

My goodness, I hope this isn't permanent...Star Wars may have gone through some pretty bad phases but it still deserves our support, especially since the site was conceived as a Star Wars Lego fansite anyway. I really would like the Star Wars theme to return, and hope this is a temporary promotional gimmick.
Jedd the Jedi

Postby Super33 » Fri Apr 03, 2009 5:55 am

There was a Star Wars page??
Super33

Postby dakdogba » Fri Apr 03, 2009 7:52 am

just 1133 sigs to go. and the poll in community features is 75% star wars. listen to the majority

p.s., this is personal. don solo, i hereby curse all of yourR2 memorabilia until such time as we get star wars fbtb back

if we can't have star wars fbtb, may R2 TURN TO DUST BEFORE YOUR EYES. (R2 used to be my fav character)
dakdogba

Postby Kyle » Fri Apr 03, 2009 9:43 am

Chief wrote:We consulted with very well-respected members of the community...

To be fair, many of those very well-respected members did have family pets abducted and threatened.

I can't believe you guys stole my pet Joedward. Sheesh.
Kyle

Postby Turkguy19 » Fri Apr 03, 2009 10:51 am

Chief wrote:...and if what the members of secret forum have to say isn't good enough for you guys...

Oh, so it's cool to talk about the secret forum now?

<.<
Turkguy19

Postby Joedward » Fri Apr 03, 2009 10:55 am

Finally!

Kyle wrote:
Chief wrote:We consulted with very well-respected members of the community...

To be fair, many of those very well-respected members did have family pets abducted and threatened.

I can't believe you guys stole my pet Joedward. Sheesh.

They were so cruel :x :'(
~Ed
(that's Mr. Ed to you)

(T!!!!!!!T=:|[\########################################
Joedward

Postby Zekk » Fri Apr 03, 2009 5:24 pm

I had a feeling it was an April Fools joke, but I made sure to stae my opinion before in case it wasn't. Nice one, guys! :)
"If everyone demanded peace instead of another television set, then there'd be peace." - John Lennon
Zekk

Postby yankeeken » Fri Apr 03, 2009 5:31 pm

Aww... why did you have to get rid of the awesome rock monster avatars? They were by far the best and cutest part of the whole Power Miners site makeover.
yankeeken

Postby meeotch » Fri Apr 03, 2009 5:37 pm

I would actually like to second the above post. Can we maybe keep them until the new avatars are available?
"Always carefully check the source of your internet quotes" - Abraham Lincoln
meeotch

Postby Galagoo » Fri Apr 03, 2009 11:33 pm

Some variety wouldn't hurt, though. It looked a bit tedious when every regular member had the same avatar.
Custom avatars are no longer allowed, but how about this: customization of the rock monster avatars would be - under some strict rules - permitted till Mike's new avatars are ready and usable. The regulation might be a trouble for the staff, though.. :p

By the way, as for the rock monster avatars, were they larger than usually or have my eyes just got used to avatar absence?
Galagoo

Postby dakdogba » Sat Apr 04, 2009 8:43 am

all is forgiven, don. may R2 live long and prosper. (i thought this was a joke, but i'm easily exciteed)
dakdogba

Postby Flynn » Sat Apr 04, 2009 8:50 am

Galagoo wrote:Custom avatars are no longer allowed, but how about this: customization of the rock monster avatars would be - under some strict rules - permitted till Mike's new avatars are ready and usable. The regulation might be a trouble for the staff, though.. :p

I think this would be great; as I said before, I'd love this as an avatar. ;)
joecrowaz on Flickr wrote:Flynn you little wussy with a purple robed fairy for an icon,

Flickr Brickshelf
Flynn

PreviousNext

Return to Suggestions