Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

Previous and Next thread buttons

We are always interested in improving our community. Got an idea? Let us hear it!

Previous and Next thread buttons

Postby Jake » Tue Feb 10, 2009 11:05 am

Back on old FBTB, there were Previous thread and Next thread buttons at the top of every topic, and I used them all the time. Is there any way that these can be added here? I just find that they make browsing through a single forum much faster and easier.
Jake

Re: Previous and Next thread buttons

Postby onions » Tue Feb 10, 2009 2:20 pm

i could try, but pagination links at the top of any list seldom gets used.

if you look at google as an example, when you do a search, you can only go to the next/previous/desired page at the bottom of the search results. There are very very very few instances where having pagination links at the top makes sense.

This isn't something I removed or added, mind you; but how the creators of phpbb3 decided to do things, and to me, it makes sense.
onions
Founder
Founder

Re: Previous and Next thread buttons

Postby dWhisper » Tue Feb 10, 2009 8:33 pm

Typically, on forums where I've seen this, they're just really confusing and misleading. How do you differentiate between the next topic and the next page? You can extend them out, but that chews up real-estate on the page, and doesn't always alleviate the confusion.
If the above post didn't offend you, you're probably reading it wrong.
dWhisper

Return to Suggestions