Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

Outreach?

We are always interested in improving our community. Got an idea? Let us hear it!

Outreach?

Postby mdilthey » Tue Aug 31, 2010 12:58 pm

I don't know if there's a West Side Story feud between sites, so don't bite my head off if this seems ridiculous, and this is just from me- I'm no admin, I don't really know any.

Here goes: FBTB.com could reach out to classic-space.com, which is a staple in the space community that might want a little backup since they're post-hack. Could talk to their admins about a joint contest, a featurette, or a host for their old Concept Art gallery. Something like that :]

When FBTB embraced Flickr and started the outpost there, it was beneficial for everyone because new fans found the site. This could lead to more traffic both ways, strengthening the community.

Just a thought :D not expecting results, of course.

I also think if News items were posted in the Coffee Shop thread, it'd open up conversation. It could sway from a lego focus, stuff like the giant LULS Vader and the Video Game platform would draw discussion and conversation there, moreso than the comments section of the actual post. Of course, things like featured MOC's or Deals could stay in their own sections, haha.

Thanks for reading!
-Max
mdilthey

Re: Outreach?

Postby Robzula » Tue Aug 31, 2010 6:21 pm

mdilthey wrote:I also think if News items were posted in the Coffee Shop thread, it'd open up conversation. It could sway from a lego focus, stuff like the giant LULS Vader and the Video Game platform would draw discussion and conversation there, moreso than the comments section of the actual post. Of course, things like featured MOC's or Deals could stay in their own sections, haha.

The comments button on the button of each news post leads to a thread in the forum.
Robzula
Staff Writer

Re: Outreach?

Postby onions » Mon Sep 27, 2010 9:16 am

the point of the coffee shop is off topic discussion. and we rarely ever post off topic posts on the site. one exception i remember being the birth announcement of my daughter. so front page posts would probably never make it to bcs.

i had no idea that classic-space got hacked. i barely have the frame of mind to visit the other lego fan sites on a regular basis even though i should. i'm open to cross promoting. the right idea just needs to come along. ask the other admins, i'm a stickler for "right" ideas.
onions
Founder
Founder

Return to Suggestions