Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

Recent Topics link on main page

We are always interested in improving our community. Got an idea? Let us hear it!

Recent Topics link on main page

Postby RogueJedi007 » Sat May 29, 2010 9:43 pm

Why does this feature not work? There is a link to a topic that I want to read, I click it and it says the topic does not exist. Is this a broken feature? Can we have it fixed?
=========================================================================
We are keepers of the peace, not soldiers.
=========================================================================
RogueJedi007

Re: Recent Topics link on main page

Postby TwistedFate » Sat May 29, 2010 10:43 pm

The topics you are trying to see don't exist. It's not that the system is broken, the other links work, it's that those topics are not there to be seen. You can look in the "Deals" forum and see that they aren't there.

I have theories as to why missing topics show up in a recent activity list, but all of them boil down to a logic error in the code that retrieves the topics.
TwistedFate

Postby banthafodder » Sat May 29, 2010 11:35 pm

It may also be that someone new has posted it and it hasn't been approved by an admin yet. To cut down on spam they went to a new protocol of approving posts until a person has posted a certain number of times. It may show up tomorrow in the forums as a topic. Or it could be a computer glitch. I don't know, it's just a big glowing magic box here in front of me.
banthafodder

Postby Robzula » Sun May 30, 2010 12:21 am

I'm pretty sure it's because of the new posters needing approval thing. I didn't notice this happening until other problems caused by that decision (posts posted before another post not showing up until later, forums remaining marked unread even though they had been) started occurring.
Robzula
Staff Writer

Postby TwistedFate » Sun May 30, 2010 4:53 am

You know, seeing as how I just got out of that posting probation period myself, that should have occurred to me.
TwistedFate

Postby onions » Thu Jun 24, 2010 12:26 am

this issue has been fixed. new posts requiring approval will not show up on the front page unless approved. thanks for bringing this to my attention.
onions
Founder
Founder

Return to Suggestions