Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

Rename the BCS 2.0 "The Tub"

We are always interested in improving our community. Got an idea? Let us hear it!

Rename the BCS 2.0 "The Tub"

Postby theJudeAbides » Tue Mar 30, 2010 4:54 pm

Alright, because I'm bored and it's been kind of slow around here lately, I thought I'd post some completely ridiculous suggestion (or is it) and see what happens.

So, back when I first started coming here, I began referring to this place as "FuBTuB," not to anyone in particular, but mainly just to myself. I assumed I was the only person who did this, and went on my merry little way.

Later, I began to see a few offhand remarks by others referring to this place as "Fubtub" as well. Now here's the thing: I never once posted that term beforehand and thus I can only infer that these people came up with the same term independently. This leads me to believe that the name "FBTB" naturally lends itself to the "fubtub" pronunciation, (despite the fact that "fibtub" would not only make more sense, but would also be appropriate).

Being the hip, groovy, totally-psychadelic person that I am, I then shortened "fubtub" to the "The Tub" and have since referred to this place as such (I'm the kind of person who continually evolves nicknames because it's fun). Anyways, I then started to think, wouldn't it be cool if there was a hip, happening forum on this board called "The Tub" where users could just post whatever was on their mind (and have it be exclusive so that only members could view it). I then realized this forum already exists in the form of the "BCS 2.0".

Now, here's the thing about "The Bantha Coffe Shoppe 2.0" name. It's definately clever in a 2005 kind of way, but it's kind of worn out it's welcome since then. The times, they be changin', and Fubtub needs to change with them. I think renaming the BCS 2.0 "The Tub" would help create a hip new vibe that could really turn this place around. What do you guys think.

Note: Please keep in mind that none of this should be taken all that seriously. I actually think FBTB is probably the most happening LEGO site out there, especially compared to other themed sites like CC and CS. No, FBTB doesn't necessarily NEED or even want a "hip new vibe" (to be honest, I can't even believe I wrote that), but simply put it out there for the sake of discussion.
The beauty of a LEGO MOC is not the elements that go into it, but the way those elements are put together.
theJudeAbides

Re: Rename the BCS 2.0 "The Tub"

Postby meeotch » Tue Mar 30, 2010 5:08 pm

I think that idea is the cat's meow.
"Always carefully check the source of your internet quotes" - Abraham Lincoln
meeotch

Postby Solo » Tue Mar 30, 2010 5:12 pm

I dislike this idea based on personal preference, and I've always thought "FubTub" was a terrible pronunciation for F.B.T.B.

/opinion
                                                                                                                           Image
Solo

Postby dWhisper » Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:36 pm

Build and post in the MOC forum, if you think it's boring... ;)
If the above post didn't offend you, you're probably reading it wrong.
dWhisper

Postby banthafodder » Tue Mar 30, 2010 9:57 pm

^Just what would a FuBTuB look like ;)
banthafodder

Postby meeotch » Tue Mar 30, 2010 11:54 pm

It would tub as much fub as a fubtub could if fub tub could tub fub.
"Always carefully check the source of your internet quotes" - Abraham Lincoln
meeotch

Postby Skafte » Wed Mar 31, 2010 12:40 am

^My brain hurts.
Brick me!
Skafte

Postby Andi » Wed Mar 31, 2010 1:09 am

You are 1 day too early with your suggestion
~Andi

Flickr