Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

Dare I ask?

We are always interested in improving our community. Got an idea? Let us hear it!

Dare I ask?

Postby MrCRskater » Fri Oct 23, 2009 9:15 pm

I dare. When are the avatars coming? It's been almost a year since the conversion to the new site, how much longer must we wait until we can spice up our online personae? If the new avatars don't appear to be available in the near future, maybe it would be worth allowing the bubble-style avatars from the old forums.
MrCRskater
Staff Writer

Re: Dare I ask?

Postby Solo » Fri Oct 23, 2009 10:21 pm

I was considering a serious answer, but then I realized that the existing thread for this question isn't even on the second page of the Suggestion forum. So either you're too lazy to check for yourself if we've already told everyone when to expect them, or you're just too self important to be caught bumping an old thread. So here's what I'll reveal: We've got sort of a game going in the staff forum... It's basically a three month countdown until we enable the avatars. We've got them ready, and they rock, but every time someone mentions them we have to reset the countdown. We were halfway there this time, until you ruined it. Way to go.
                                                                                                                           Image
Solo

Postby theJudeAbides » Fri Oct 23, 2009 11:02 pm

The post Don refers to is the one I posted not that long ago.

And Don, that sounds like the kind of obnoxiously cruel method I'd use. I'd like to hate on you for it, but I'm really just jealous that I didn't think of it first.
The beauty of a LEGO MOC is not the elements that go into it, but the way those elements are put together.
theJudeAbides

Postby MrCRskater » Sat Oct 24, 2009 12:10 am

Solo wrote:I was considering a serious answer, but then I realized that the existing thread for this question isn't even on the second page of the Suggestion forum. So either you're too lazy to check for yourself if we've already told everyone when to expect them, or you're just too self important to be caught bumping an old thread.

To set you straight, "exalted one", I did scan through the forum first and all of the threads pertaining to avatars (that I noticed) had been locked. God forbid that I miss one and start another topic, 'cause that's the FIRST time that that's happened on this forum :roll: Further, you have not told everyone when to expect them, and the tenor of your response implies that either you're too lazy to pony up a decent response, or you're just so self-important that you are obliged to throw your weight around at the slightest provocation.

Solo wrote:So here's what I'll reveal: We've got sort of a game going in the staff forum... It's basically a three month countdown until we enable the avatars. We've got them ready, and they rock, but every time someone mentions them we have to reset the countdown. We were halfway there this time, until you ruined it. Way to go.

I'm not going to take the heat for spoiling the surprise as I had nothing to do with implementing or hiding the rules to this little game of yours. As far as that goes, you are the forum moderators and you may do as you please, but don't point the finger when you're the one who ruined it.

Here's a suggestion: Let's ditch this behavior of publicly belittling folks over honest mistakes and minor infractions. This happens all the time, and frequently comes from the forum staff, which has always perturbed me (ALWAYS, not only when it comes down on me).
MrCRskater
Staff Writer

Postby Solo » Sat Oct 24, 2009 4:33 am

:facepalm:

(I'm so glad you added that extra icon today Ace.)
                                                                                                                           Image
Solo

Postby dWhisper » Sat Oct 24, 2009 7:36 am

Hey, we never publicly berate someone for minor and honest mistakes. Those we save to berate in PMs and through snide changes to their profiles. We save the public actions for things that are so outstandingly stupid or lazy that we need something to wash it off our eyes. Usually, our posts are just a reaction to losing five minutes of our lives staring at the screen trying to figure out if we really saw what we just saw.

Next time, tilt your head down slightly and read the rest of the threads on your screen. And know that even when we put in avatars, I've disabled them on your account because I enjoy being snide, petty, and hilariously mean.

Oh, and please go read this
If the above post didn't offend you, you're probably reading it wrong.
dWhisper

Postby onions » Sat Oct 24, 2009 8:59 am

Here's a tip: don't try and argue with a mod, esp an admin. You'll lose everytime. Take it off the chin and just roll with the punches. We may sound mean but in the end it's more funny than anything.
onions
Founder
Founder

Return to Suggestions