Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

We are always interested in improving our community. Got an idea? Let us hear it!

Postby Flynn » Fri Oct 16, 2009 4:41 pm

I seem to be having a small problem; when I go to a forum, the new threads are marked as they normally are, but when I go into the threads, no posts are marked as new. Anyone else have this problem?
joecrowaz on Flickr wrote:Flynn you little wussy with a purple robed fairy for an icon,

Flickr Brickshelf
Flynn

Re: New Posts Problem

Postby Captain Typo » Fri Oct 16, 2009 7:44 pm

Yeah, I'm dealing with something like that, too. When I hit the "new posts" button next to the thread title, instead of taking me directly to the new post, it just puts me at the top of the page. Spending 2 extra seconds scrolling down to find the new post is a bit of a hassle, too, so I should like to find a solution sooner rather than later. You know what they say; time is... thicker than...uh... water.

(Just kidding about the "waste of my time" thing, I really just want to know if there's a reason behind this.) ;)
"Yippie-ki-yay, my friend."

-John McLane, Die Hard With a Vengeance- The TV Edit
Captain Typo

Location: Trapped inside a quadrilateral receptacle that is in front of you

Postby Flynn » Fri Oct 16, 2009 8:03 pm

...And it's gone. Must have just been something with my computer.
joecrowaz on Flickr wrote:Flynn you little wussy with a purple robed fairy for an icon,

Flickr Brickshelf
Flynn

Postby Solo » Fri Oct 16, 2009 8:03 pm

I've never seen any posts indicating if they were new or not... I have no idea what you're talking about.
                                                                                                                           Image
Solo

Postby Flynn » Fri Oct 16, 2009 8:08 pm

Flickr Brickshelf
Flynn

Postby Captain Typo » Sat Oct 17, 2009 8:15 am

To be a little more specific (not trying to undercut you or anything, Flynn), at the top of the posts, to the left of where it says, "By *insert username here*", there are little tiny pages, and when the said post is new, the page will be orange. Otherwise, it's white. An orange page will show up next to the title of the thread in the forum as well if there are unread posts in that thread.

It's still acting funny for me, but if it went away for Flynn, maybe it is just my computer...
"Yippie-ki-yay, my friend."

-John McLane, Die Hard With a Vengeance- The TV Edit
Captain Typo

Location: Trapped inside a quadrilateral receptacle that is in front of you

Postby Faulconbridge » Sat Oct 17, 2009 8:40 am

Somthing's definitely goofy. When I logged in today, it said I hadn't visited since July. Granted, I don't visit much anymore and I hardly ever post anything, but I know I logged in last weekend.
"It's just a game!"
"Not anymore."
Faulconbridge

Postby onions » Sat Oct 17, 2009 11:43 am

I've had a few cookies issues when implementing the theme chooser code so little hiccups like these are t be expected. Best thing to do to try and clear things up is to delete any cookies you have for fbtb.net and restart your browser.
onions
Damp Noodle

Postby Solo » Sat Oct 17, 2009 3:43 pm

Flynn wrote:[Terrible explanation]
You're useless... :roll:
Captain Typo wrote:[Real explanation]
Huh. I've never once noticed that. Interesting.

I'm confused why this is even a feature though... you people really need to be reminded what posts you've already read? :lol:
                                                                                                                           Image
Solo

Postby theJudeAbides » Sat Oct 17, 2009 3:59 pm

Solo,

I use them too, although I haven't had any problems with them. It's not so much that I can't remember what I've read, but in order to remember, I'd otherwise have to start reading it to realize "oh yeah, I already read this." With the little pages, I can quickly skip to the first unread post and read on from there. It's a really nice convenience that I depend on to save me time.
The beauty of a LEGO MOC is not the elements that go into it, but the way those elements are put together.
theJudeAbides

Return to Suggestions