Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

What's the ETA on those avatars?

We are always interested in improving our community. Got an idea? Let us hear it!

Re: What's the ETA on those avatars?

Postby cfl_sw » Sun Jul 26, 2009 1:48 pm

On other sites people are best known for thier avatars. I think there should be rules (nothing inappropriate) but I don't know if this is the best choice on fbtb's part. I myself would rather have no avatars then one out of a gallery that a dozen other people have.

:(
cfl_sw

Postby RocketClone » Mon Jul 27, 2009 2:27 pm

cfl_sw wrote:On other sites people are best known for thier avatars. I think there should be rules (nothing inappropriate) but I don't know if this is the best choice on fbtb's part. I myself would rather have no avatars then one out of a gallery that a dozen other people have.

I on the other hand agree with you i think we should post our own avatars (like our lego minifigures star wars/apoc pics)
but nothing too inappropriate.
(Insert funny sig later)
RocketClone

Postby onions » Mon Jul 27, 2009 3:17 pm

RocketClone wrote:
cfl_sw wrote:On other sites people are best known for thier avatars. I think there should be rules (nothing inappropriate) but I don't know if this is the best choice on fbtb's part. I myself would rather have no avatars then one out of a gallery that a dozen other people have.

I on the other hand agree with you i think we should post our own avatars (like our lego minifigures star wars/apoc pics)

this will NEVER happen. i'd rather have no avatars than have a bunch of crappy looking ones of hand drawn images, photos, or animated gifs of varying sizes that are painful to look at. even when we had rules and guidelines on the previous boards and let people use their own avatars, people just conveniently ignored them.
onions
Damp Noodle

Postby Zekk » Mon Jul 27, 2009 6:52 pm

onions wrote:this will NEVER happen. i'd rather have no avatars than have a bunch of crappy looking ones of hand drawn images, photos, or animated gifs of varying sizes that are painful to look at. even when we had rules and guidelines on the previous boards and let people use their own avatars, people just conveniently ignored them.

I agree with that. The official ones look so much better. You get the occasional custom one that looks good, but the not-so-great ones outnumber those.
"If everyone demanded peace instead of another television set, then there'd be peace." - John Lennon
Zekk

Postby cfl_sw » Mon Jul 27, 2009 10:32 pm

onions wrote:
RocketClone wrote:

this will NEVER happen. i'd rather have no avatars than have a bunch of crappy looking ones of hand drawn images, photos, or animated gifs of varying sizes that are painful to look at. even when we had rules and guidelines on the previous boards and let people use their own avatars, people just conveniently ignored them.

I agree with you. There are people who put up terrible pictures. I still think that avatars are important and what people are most remembered for. Maybe being able to put up your own avatars should be only allowed for certain members
cfl_sw

Postby RocketClone » Tue Jul 28, 2009 8:23 am

What i meant was that we should be able to post pics of our custom minifigs(ie: custom jedi,clone,imperial,rebel minifigs) like CABG.
(Insert funny sig later)
RocketClone

Postby onions » Tue Jul 28, 2009 9:14 am

RocketClone wrote:What i meant was that we should be able to post pics of our custom minifigs(ie: custom jedi,clone,imperial,rebel minifigs) like CABG.

oh. well in that case.

no.
onions
Damp Noodle

Postby RocketClone » Tue Jul 28, 2009 9:56 am

onions wrote:
RocketClone wrote:What i meant was that we should be able to post pics of our custom minifigs(ie: custom jedi,clone,imperial,rebel minifigs) like CABG.

oh. well in that case.

no.

ok i guess the best idea is to wait.
(Insert funny sig later)
RocketClone

Postby Jetrooper » Tue Jul 28, 2009 4:25 pm

Actaully, the best idea is probably for us to STFU and abide by their rules.
Jetrooper

Postby RocketClone » Thu Jul 30, 2009 8:57 am

Jetrooper wrote:Actaully, the best idea is probably for us to STFU and abide by their rules.

Wow thats...pretty much what i meant "edgey are we :shock: .
(Insert funny sig later)
RocketClone

Postby theJudeAbides » Thu Aug 06, 2009 3:35 pm

Jetrooper wrote:Actaully, the best idea is probably for us to STFU and abide by their rules.

The Jude abides... well, most of the time, anyways. ;)
The beauty of a LEGO MOC is not the elements that go into it, but the way those elements are put together.
theJudeAbides

Postby LEGOscum » Mon Jan 11, 2010 2:06 am

Rather than start a new thread I thought I'd necrobump a semi-related one.

My avatar isn't showing up so when I went into the USer COntrol Panel and tried to change it I noticed that there is a message stating avatar functionality is disabled.

What gives?
LEGOscum

Postby bigospedros » Mon Jan 11, 2010 2:56 am

we haven't had avatars here since the start ...
bigospedros
Staff Writer

Postby Dano » Mon Jan 11, 2010 12:31 pm

viewtopic.php?p=25300#p25300

Thanks a lot guys, the three month timer was almost at the end. :facepalm:

;)
Dano

Postby Master Fetty » Mon Jan 11, 2010 1:41 pm

Meh, I like this place without avatars.
Master Fetty

Postby Sci » Wed Jan 20, 2010 10:15 am

Either way, some kind of teaser would be awesome.
Sci

Postby onions » Wed Jan 20, 2010 1:51 pm

i'd love to give you all a teaser if i had something to tease with.

here's the deal: mike was supposed to be working on the avatars, but due to time constraints he is no longer doing them. he had a handful of them done and a few others in various stages which can be seen on his flickr account. attempts to find another artist to work on the cheap have failed. this isnt something i've forgotten and i'll keep looking for someone whose style i like and who i can work with. so until that happens, consider avatars to be on hold until further notice.

now will you all please let this thread die?
onions
Damp Noodle

Postby Sci » Thu Jan 21, 2010 10:03 pm

Sure thing, thanks for the debrief.
Sci

Postby Mofo Jones » Wed Jan 27, 2010 2:02 am

Just put up the ones from the last version of FBTB. I miss my cartoon droideka.
Will Tactically Consult for money, food or LEGO.
Mofo Jones
Staff Writer

PreviousNext

Return to Suggestions