Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

Post counts are wrong?

We are always interested in improving our community. Got an idea? Let us hear it!

Post counts are wrong?

Postby uubergeek » Wed Feb 11, 2009 7:58 am

Not that big a deal to me, but found what seems to be a bit of a bug on the front of the user control panel

under total posts it has me listed as 2 (before this post) but if you go to find all posts, i have 5... again, nothing major just kind of odd behavior.. thought i'd throw that out... maybe phpbb3 handles counts differently or something, i have no idea...
Chris C. :::: My Flickr :::: My Site
uubergeek

Re: Control Panel issues?

Postby Jake » Wed Feb 11, 2009 8:02 am

I also have a similar problem. Despite actually having around 30ish posts now, I think, the control panel says that I have 4. Its no big deal, as uubergeek says, but I just thought you should know that it's not just happening to him...
Jake

Postby Turkguy19 » Wed Feb 11, 2009 8:12 am

Posts counts don't matter, so I don't see this being fixed any time soon, if it is even a problem ;)
Turkguy19

Postby Sci » Wed Feb 11, 2009 9:23 am

I suspect the BCS doesn't add to your post count.
Sci

Postby Morgan19 » Wed Feb 11, 2009 9:46 am

...or the B/S/T and Suggestions too? I've posted in all three and my control panel says I've posted 0 times.

m19
Morgan19

Postby dWhisper » Wed Feb 11, 2009 11:01 am

Or it could be that we disabled the post counts feature, so it's just making stuff up on the profile. Seriously, they don't matter, and people seeking to inflate their count will be turned into sheep.
If the above post didn't offend you, you're probably reading it wrong.
dWhisper

Re: Post counts are wrong?

Postby Solo » Wed Feb 11, 2009 11:57 am

I edited your title to better reflect your query. Like Nick said, it's not a bug: we killed them. But when we turned off the post counts, plenty of posting had already taken place - and the system decided to lock in that number. Optimally it will be removed completely because when members can see post counts it turns into a distraction from making quality posts. But having the numbers frozen is the next best thing.
                                                                                                                           Image
Solo

Return to Suggestions