Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

Old Folder Images

We are always interested in improving our community. Got an idea? Let us hear it!

Old Folder Images

Postby Jetrooper » Tue Feb 10, 2009 5:06 pm

I think we should keep the old subSilver folder images. It's much easier to view them than proSilver's.

ImageImage

-vs-

Image Image

subSilver FTW

-Matt
Jetrooper

Re: Old Folder Images

Postby Solo » Tue Feb 10, 2009 5:11 pm

As said elsewhere, we plan on changing the icons. Not to subsilver mind you, but I think Ace is making them all new.

Personally I don't see the issue, looks pretty clear to me. But enough people have mentioned it to warrant the change I suppose.
                                                                                                                           Image
Solo

Postby Turkguy19 » Tue Feb 10, 2009 7:03 pm

I guess people are blind? I can tell the difference easily. Must be people are just so use to the old forums they want everything back that way...
Turkguy19

Postby Firespray » Tue Feb 10, 2009 7:36 pm

I'm with Jet on this, the current ones are a little hard on the eyes with all the other red around.
Firespray

Postby Iare Tosevite » Tue Feb 10, 2009 7:38 pm

Don't forget that some people are color blind... Not me but you get the idea...

I guess I can see the difference, but just not enough for me. :p
Where, where, where is correct way out?
Iare Tosevite

Postby dWhisper » Tue Feb 10, 2009 8:34 pm

If some people were color blind, the old images may not help either... this is one that's in the planned changes. We wanted to get the site available, and that meant prioritizing important items (having the proper forums, moving news posts) and delaying others (folder icons, smilies that don't look like porpoise vomit).
If the above post didn't offend you, you're probably reading it wrong.
dWhisper

Postby onions » Thu Feb 12, 2009 2:52 am

lol at the porpoise vomit comment. smiley's are updated.

the forum icons are ... okay...i can't stand the stickied ones though, they look like what gave birth to the old smilies. i did change the sticky color since they were a little difficult to discern from regular posts. not sure what to do about announce ones, but those tend to be on a separate box anyway.

i totally threadjacked there.
onions
Founder
Founder

Postby Heady » Thu Feb 12, 2009 5:24 am

Heh, I thought the sticky'd folders were actually announcements. :x I heartily dislike the current folder Icons tho
I used to be known as H3D1
Heady

Postby puffdaddy » Fri Feb 13, 2009 12:23 pm

dWhisper wrote:If some people were color blind, the old images may not help either

I am color blind and I actually had no problem deciphering the colors on the old images. I do, however, have a very bad time trying to see the difference between the current icons. There's just so little color on them to begin with, then when it's a different color, there's still too little to see, so it makes seeing the difference hard. I'm glad that it's slated to be changed, because I found those icons to really help in quick forum browsing. :)
puffdaddy

Postby Morgan19 » Fri Feb 13, 2009 1:08 pm

puffdaddy wrote:I do, however, have a very bad time trying to see the difference between the current icons. There's just so little color on them to begin with, then when it's a different color, there's still too little to see, so it makes seeing the difference hard.

Thank you for eloquently putting what I couldn't-- I'd started a reply along those lines and couldn't piece together how to say it correctly so never bothered posting. I agree completely.

m19
Morgan19

Postby Solo » Fri Feb 13, 2009 4:20 pm

Indeed, we can all guess at how it looks to anyone colorblind, but what do we really know? Sorry we won't be getting to it sooner... both both Mike and Ace will be preoccupied with Toy Fair this weekend.

On a side note, and because I know there are plenty of artistically slanted individuals in here, I'd like to make an open suggestion about the current smilie pack. I made these, and I'm by no means a pro at this sort of thing. So if you think one or more can be improved, take your shot at it and post it here. If it's good and fits with the rest, we'll probably add it!

(Specifically, we've decided these two suck: :lol: :'( Because I can't animate for bantha poodoo.).
                                                                                                                           Image
Solo

Return to Suggestions