Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

2011 Comic Con Exclusive Pick-Up Offer

A forum reserved for experienced members 18 or older to buy, sell, or trade LEGO with other members.

2011 Comic Con Exclusive Pick-Up Offer

Postby Mos_Eisley » Tue Jul 19, 2011 5:19 pm

The set hasn't been announced yet, but if you're interested in getting one this year, let me know. If you're like me, it doesn't really even matter what the set is! Throw the Comic Con logo on a Star Wars set and I must have it!

The set is generally $50-$75. They have done a different set each day before, but I'm pretty sure it will just be one again for the whole event. Last year I picked up around 15 for people on the site. Please don't request one if you have no intention of actually paying for it. The cost will be actual cost+tax+shipping+a few bucks for my time and effort.

I plan on getting a few extras regardless but let me know if you know you want one.

Jason
Mos_Eisley

Re: 2011 Comic Con Exclusive Pick-Up Offer

Postby SDIronClaw » Tue Jul 19, 2011 7:23 pm

Jason,

I am interested in perhaps getting one. My question is what was the exclusive set last year and the year before. Just would like to get an idea on what it is. Thanks very much. Jake
"I find your lack of Lego disturbing."
SDIronClaw

Postby Mos_Eisley » Tue Jul 19, 2011 7:45 pm

SDIronClaw wrote:Jason,

I am interested in perhaps getting one. My question is what was the exclusive set last year and the year before. Just would like to get an idea on what it is. Thanks very much. Jake

Last year, the set was Cube Dudes, I think it was $50. I don't think many were very excited about them at first, but they were actually pretty cool in person. There was a similar set available at Star Wars Celebration last year too.

The year before that there was a different set each day plus one set that was available all days. These were in small clear boxes that had a printed background and brick-built base with 3 different minifigs in each one. Also cool but a little expensive for what they were.

I'm pretty sure that the year before that(maybe 2 years before?) was a set sort of like the 3-in-1 sets they have in Europe. But with an exclusive Comic Con box.

I'd help you out some links from BrickLink but I'm using my phone right now and its kind of a pain from it!
Mos_Eisley

Postby banthafodder » Tue Jul 19, 2011 7:57 pm

Yeah, I'd be interested in one also.
banthafodder

Postby ufjason » Wed Jul 20, 2011 6:45 pm

I take it back, not interested in star wars advent calendar. Can't wait for the eight days of Hannukah set...
Last edited by ufjason on Thu Jul 21, 2011 5:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
eBay store, contact me if you'd like to perform trades from my inventory. I'm looking for original genosian fighers, second version a-wing fighters and tie bombers. I may be interested in other sets so let me know what you have.
ufjason

Postby Chief » Wed Jul 20, 2011 7:15 pm

We're getting a post up as soon as the pics land in my inbox from Ace at the con, but the set is the Star Wars advent calendar in a special comic-con box and also contains an exclusive print inside. $50
Chief

Postby DarthMC » Wed Jul 20, 2011 10:28 pm

I'd like to get one as well! Any chance of getting one of the DC comics minifigs?

Thanks for doing this for those of us who can't make it.

DarthMC
DarthMC

Postby Mos_Eisley » Wed Jul 20, 2011 11:36 pm

Like Chief said, the exclusive is the Star Wars Advent Calendar in an exclusive Comic-Con box. Sounds like pics will be up soon, but it is pretty cool. It looks like a gift being sent through the mail for Christmas. Other thans the exclusive exterior, the set inside is the exact same Advent Calendar that will be available in stores in the next couple months. I will probably have around 10 of these available for people here. I've had quite a few requests but I'll start contacting people when I get home Sunday.

The Batman and Green Lantern minifigs are a different story. They are free, but very tough to get. My gf and I each did the raffle twice and we only got 1. The Green Lantern is pretty sweet though! I'd really like to get a Batman for myself, then I'll see what I can do after that.
Mos_Eisley

Postby onions » Thu Jul 21, 2011 1:53 am

post with pics are up.
onions
Founder
Founder

Postby SDIronClaw » Thu Jul 21, 2011 8:58 am

So it is just the Star Wars Advent Calander with a special box...really? I will pass on it, thanks to the Lego Corporations lack of creativity.
"I find your lack of Lego disturbing."
SDIronClaw

Postby stanley » Thu Jul 21, 2011 3:14 pm

Would really appreciate it if someone would pick me up 1 or 2, thanks, stanley
stanley

Postby ufjason » Fri Jul 22, 2011 6:07 am

I just want the superhero giveaways but those are so random. Wish hasbro didn't make you jump through hoops to get exclusives, people really have to go out of their way to pick something up for someone else.
eBay store, contact me if you'd like to perform trades from my inventory. I'm looking for original genosian fighers, second version a-wing fighters and tie bombers. I may be interested in other sets so let me know what you have.
ufjason

Postby ricefields » Fri Jul 22, 2011 1:06 pm

I am interested in one, thanks for the offer of picking them up!
ricefields

Postby Mos_Eisley » Sun Jul 24, 2011 8:40 pm

Ok, just got home from a long 5 days at Comic-Con! Everyone who I talked to about sets, please bear with me until I have a chance to contact you. If I have been in a PM conversation with you, please let me know your zip code so I can get the shipping cost to you. I'll be asking you through PM if I don't hear from you.

I was only able to get 9 extra sets, a little less than I had hoped. I know a couple people had requested 2, but I was hoping that you would be willing to accept just one so that someone else can get one. I'll chat with you about it, but if you really need two, I'll still give them to you since I'm going to pass these out in the order I received requests.

Regarding the minifigures, I'm not going to be able to get these to everyone who asked. I certainly can't just give them away either because it was probably the worst part of the con. Don't get me wrong, it was also somewhat entertaining but mostly it was battling with long lines for many hours. If you are really interested in one, you can shoot me a message and make me an offer.

Also, please be sure to leave feedback in the SSL once we've completed the transaction!
Mos_Eisley

Postby onions » Mon Jul 25, 2011 11:18 pm

i can second the sentiment by mos_eisley (i still need to get your number by the way). the lines were crazy crazy long that stupid me forgot take pictures of, but i was planning on doing a recap article on my experience at the lego booth.
onions
Founder
Founder

Return to Buy/Sell/Trade