Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

Summer Blockbusters 2009

It's like the old BCS, except the 2.0 makes it fancy. Wondering why you can't post here? Check out the rules and expectations, and it all should be made clear...

Re: Summer Blockbusters 2009

Postby nacho » Wed May 20, 2009 9:17 am

I have to agree with Jedd - Pixar is FREAKIN' amazing. I love, love, love their animations. In the new trailer for Up, Pixar's upcoming release, I love how the dog is animated. I laugh every time I see it!! Anyways, just my thoughts. :P
nacho

Postby onions » Wed May 20, 2009 9:31 am

Jedd the Jedi wrote:
Joedward wrote:Jedd, I have a huge problem with your reviews. You're giving away way, way too much.

Thanks for the feedback Joedward. I was worried about as much. However, I thought I hadn't given too much away. I mean, Leonard Nimoy's Spock Prime appears in the trailers of Star Trek anyway, and so does young Wolverine's claws. Please do PM me with what exactly I spoiled, so I can not make those mistakes again.

That aside, Turkguy, I think Darth Caedus was playfully referencing these other films with the knowledge of who the characters are - both Magneto and Gandalf are played by terrific stage veteran Ian McKellen, and both Professor X and Picard are portrayed by the inimitable Patrick Stewart. It just like everyone calls Arnold Schwazzenneger "Terminator", or Harrison Ford "Indiana Jones". Those were some of their well know characters over their careers.

And now with that out of the way, I love Pixar. Somehow, they've been able to present animation as an art form, while most other studios (I'm talking to you, Dreamworks SKG) put out largely unpalatable fare that is fun the first time around, but when the sequels arrive, blech. Filled with immature humour for the young kids and "smart" pop culture references for Dads and Mums. Pixar on the other hand, has been able to offer remarkable storytelling consistently, with fresh ideas (a rat who wants to become a chef, monsters who scare people for a job, out-of-work superheroes-and their kids, a robot left on earth 700 years after we've evacuated) and so much more. Of course, Pixar has been a master at animating physical humour- and I'm not talking fart jokes either. The chase through the kitchen in Ratatouille or WALL-E's indecision on how to classify a spork are wonderful examples of how Pixar has used humour in fresh and appealing ways.

I have to agree with Joedward on this one. I think your review gives away too much. I went back and re-read your review. You could probably cut out the synopsis entirely (the first 6 paragraphs) and it would still be a solid review. Also, I don't think it was ever revealed in the trailers that Nimoy would be making an appearance. I could be wrong though.
onions
Founder
Founder

Postby AlternativeRadio » Wed May 20, 2009 12:18 pm

Turkguy19 wrote:
Darth Caedus wrote:Of course, no Gandalf or Picard...

Niether did any of the other movies, they had Magneto and Professor X.....Picard is from Star Trek: The Next generation, and Gandalf is from The Lord Of The Rings......I think you have your stories mixed up a bit bud....

Oh, and just to let you in on a HUGE secret....Star Wars was FILLED with whinny teen characters, with worse dialog too....

Why are we all flipping out on this guy? Its just his opinion. I mean, 99% of us love Pixar, and if hes part of the 1% that doesn't, than good for him for saying what he thinks. Anyway, I love Pixar, and I as worried about Up until I saw the trailer. I also loved Wolverine. Leiv Schreiber was my favorite out of the cast. I also liked Cyclops's appearance, he's probably my favorite X-Men, along with Nightcrawler, who hasn't made an appearance since X-2. >:(

I'm more excited about the summers to come than this one. Thor, Captain America, Iron-Man 2, Spider-Man 4 and finally Avengers in 2010 and 2011. This summer to me is more about being introduced into franchises which I'm not already familiar. Transformers, GI Joe, Terminator, and Star Trek (although I have been watching the original series lately) are pretty new to me but they all like really cool.

Year One and Land of the Lost look pretty dumb and I don't know much about Public Enemies or Inglorious Basterds. I'll see Harry Potter because I've read the books and want to compare with the films.

Why has it become a trend for funny actors to do bad kids movies? Eddie Murphy who clearly didn't learn from Daddy Day Care and Meet Dave is in Imagine That, and George Lopez is in Mr. Troop Mom, which also looks bad. Although, both of their last adult-oriented fims have been kinda bad. (Norbit , Balls of Fury)
AlternativeRadio

Postby Masta' Bo » Wed May 20, 2009 4:03 pm

I saw Wolverine, and it was really action packed and cool, but overall, meh. I can see why comic book fans hate it so much. Wolverine and Sabretooth--brothers? I, however, not so much a fan of the X-Men comics, thought it was better for the story. But seriously, the storyline was just uncreative. It's simply Wolverine fighting and getting tricked by the bad guys. I did enjoy the end, in which he loses his memory, cause happy endings are overrated ( ;) ). But seriosly (once again): how does he survive a bullet to the head?! Are you kidding me? C'mon!

X2 was a higher caliber film by a long shot.
Because I'm a bothan...or a brick. Bo out.
Brickshelf
"No, Lois, LEGO is not the same as MegaBloks, and as soon as you figure that out, the sooner we can get this marriage back on track."
Masta' Bo

Postby Joedward » Wed May 20, 2009 4:24 pm

Thanks again for the spoiler warnings.

Masta' Bo wrote:how does he survive a bullet to the head?! Are you kidding me? C'mon!

Adamantium skull? Or is the shooting before that happens?
~Ed
(that's Mr. Ed to you)

(T!!!!!!!T=:|[\########################################
Joedward

Postby The Brain » Wed May 20, 2009 6:17 pm

Joedward wrote:Thanks again for the spoiler warnings.

Masta' Bo wrote:how does he survive a bullet to the head?! Are you kidding me? C'mon!

:lol: You forgot about this:

Masta' Bo wrote:Wolverine and Sabretooth--brothers?

I don't think I even need to see the movie anymore. ;) Don't worry about it though, I probably wasn't going to anyway. And even if I do, I don't care about this one too much.

Just so Darth Caedus knows, my earler post was not trying to be a personal attack. I just love Pixar and can't fathom how anyone wouldn't. I think some members are being a little hard on him about some unclear writing (and odd opinions ;) ) in his posts.
I am the brain, that which keeps you sane
I think your thoughts, I feel your pain
I am able to control both body and soul
I am never asleep, and I make you whole.
The Brain

Postby Darth Caedus » Wed May 20, 2009 7:06 pm

Firespray wrote:Pixar didn't make Shrek, you just lost the internet again.

I said “Pixar and its ilk”.

On the Pixar track, I’m just part of that 1%, and we’re on completely different wavelengths for that, so I’ll just let it drop.

[quote=”TheBrain”]Just to clarify: I loved POTC I, POTC II was pretty bad but watchable, POTC III flat out sucked. Period. I hope the fourth one doesn't follow the major decline trend--otherwise I may end up boycotting it.[/quote]

I find things to love about all three POTC films -the first oen has classic action and is the best standalone film, although Johnny is a bit too drunk in that one. DMC has Davy Jones and the best music of the three, as well as a fun cliffhanger. I like AWE for the final battle and complex, topsy-turvy plot.

Turkguy19 wrote:Oh, and just to let you in on a HUGE secret....Star Wars was FILLED with whinny teen characters, with worse dialog too....

Really? Sure, Hayden was bad, but he is a tiny part of the SW films/mythos - at least to me. Ahsoka is much more tolerable than Pyro and Icemna in X2 -all they were all but cancelled out by the awesomeness of the other great acting.

Terminator tomorrow :)
Darth Caedus

Postby ThinkingImpaired » Thu May 21, 2009 2:55 am

Just saw midnight showing of terminator. I don't even think I saw the 3rd one but went anyway. It was okay. I think once you've seen a terminator get terminated, you can skip the next thousand or so. I don't know. I got pretty bored (and tired) as it wore on. It was very repetitive. I'm not a huge fan of terminator though....but if you are, go see it.
Don't you waste away, for tomorrow will soon be today
ThinkingImpaired

Postby Jedd the Jedi » Thu May 21, 2009 3:53 am

ThinkingImpaired wrote:Just saw midnight showing of terminator. I don't even think I saw the 3rd one but went anyway. It was okay. I think once you've seen a terminator get terminated, you can skip the next thousand or so. I don't know. I got pretty bored (and tired) as it wore on. It was very repetitive. I'm not a huge fan of terminator though....but if you are, go see it.

Gosh, am I sorry to hear this! I was really looking forward to this film. In my mind, one does not get much cooler than Christian Bale combined with Terminators in the future the Terminator fans have been so looking forward to see. It's a pity that it was just "okay", then. Either way, I will want to see it just for the spectacle and because I'm a fan. I hope the movie won't be as much as a letdown as X Men Origins: Wolverine was for me.
Jedd the Jedi

Postby onions » Thu May 21, 2009 8:50 am

seeing as to how it scored 35% fresh at rotten tomatoes, it does not surprise me. mcg is way overrated. he got lucky with charlie's angels i, but that's pretty much it. i was hoping it would have been rated a bit higher, but that low of a score, i may have to wait til it hits cable.
onions
Founder
Founder

Postby Mister Ed » Thu May 21, 2009 12:24 pm

Darth Caedus wrote:And yes, I do loathe Pixar and its ilk - in the animated childhood film genre, I will take Sleeping Beauty, Cinderella, Snow White, The Little Mermaid and Aladdin over the abominable Shrek, Toy Story, Cars, Finding Nemo, and Wall-E.

Wow, you are the first person I have ever heard of that dislikes Pixar films as a group. I can't understand that at all. In fact, I'm tempted to just avoid any movie you DO like, not out of malice, or any kind of disrespect for you, but simply because that reveals SUCH a huge gap between our respective tastes in movies.

But I know it isn't that simple. I assume we both like Star Wars! And I loved Aladdin (though I'd prefer The Incredibles any day of the week), and MOST traditional Disney animation (with a few exceptions, like Bambi and Dumbo, which, while presenting nice animation, are real yawners to watch, IMHO). I just like Pixar films better in most cases. And they are CERTAINLY the best animated "kids" films being made by anybody TODAY. (Plus I love their short films. In the case of Wall-E, I think I almost liked the short better than the feature.)
Mister Ed

Postby BigBenKenobi » Sat May 23, 2009 1:28 pm

Ok, so I saw Terminator Salvation at a 10:15 pm showing last night with some friends, and wow...it was amazing!!! Seriously, it was completely awesome. Christian Bale and Anton Yelchin were really great in fulfilling their roles, and had some good lines that you know people will eventually throw in a conversation. Bale even had the signature "I'll be back" quote :lol: and fought Arnold towards the end of the movie. What really made this movie awesome was the rediculous amount of action and explosions. And with surround sound in the theatre, it's almost overwhelming in the beginning. Right from the first to the last minute, action is basically every scene. I mean sure, some of the scenes were just too rediculous, but I walked out of the movie theatre thinking it was money well spent. I even think I'll get it on DVD when it comes out. So, if you haven't seen it yet...GO...you won't regret it at all :D .
Do or do not, there is no try - Yoda
BigBenKenobi

Postby The Brain » Sat May 23, 2009 4:19 pm

^^Kewl. I'll be hittin' this one then. It'll be fun to see the original terminator in this one. Just can't believe he's the governor of my state... :|

Anywho, saw the new Star Trek last night. FRAKKIN' AMAZING!!! I loved every minute of it, especially the hand-to-hand combat scene on the platform of the drill. This was my first true exposure to Star Trek (not because I'm a SW fanboy/junkie, just because I never really had any friends who encouraged me to watch), and I was certainly not disappointed. Can't wait for a sequel (as there is bound to be).
The Brain

Postby 11Numb » Sat May 23, 2009 8:02 pm

Just got back from Wolverine. It wasn't as bad as people make it out to be, but it wasn't all that good, either. It was quite meh-ish. Hugh did a good job, as is expected, though Sabretooth lacked any real motivation, making him a pretty big "hay guiz, i ware blak, so ahm bad, k?" character. However, some of the minor characters really steal the show.

Before being majorly screwed up, Deadpool is spot-on. Ryan Reynolds really nailed the part, before the aforementioned screwing over of the character. Gambit was great, but given so little screen time made him feel like more of a Fanboy pleaser. I was honestly surprised by how much I actually liked Will.i.am as Wraith. Now, I know nothing of the character, but I liked him in the movie. Though some characters were just thrown out the window for what appeared to be lulz for the director. Blob? Fat joke (though I suppose there isn't much else you can do with him...). Cyclops? FANBOY TEASER LOL. Emma Frost? I honestly can't explain why she's there... same goes for her sister, who did little but give Wolvy angst.

In terms of the plot, well... the less said, the better. A lot of people had a problem with this, but hey, this is Wolverine. You don't go see Wolverine for intellectual reasons. You see it to watch Hugh Jackman snikt some dudes into next week. The plot was fine and dandy for a vehicle for Hugh to own face with, but when it got to Deadpool's reintroduction, I was quite annoyed. For one, they messed up the character. Hardcore. Apparently they forgot the original, clever pun that the character was named for (for those who don't know, you do the Deathstroke (a DC character) in the Deadpool) and decided to make up a new one, which, while making sense, irked me. And don't get me started on how Wolvy loses his memories... it felt incredibly shoehorned. However, my hope was renewed in the "bonus" end credit scene: Deadpool, still alive, grabs his decapitated head, who has his mouth back, says "shh" to the audience, renewing my hope for the character going back to his comic book roots.

Do I really need to go over the action? I thought it was pretty sweet, but wires were a tad overused. Snikts were frequent and cool. The final battle felt a tad anticlimatic, though. Felt like they could have made it a tad more interesting/longer.

All in all, X-Men Origins: Wolverine was what I said in the first paragraph: Meh, not bad, but not great. 3/5.
11Numb

Postby BigBenKenobi » Mon May 25, 2009 12:56 pm

The Brain wrote:^^Kewl. I'll be hittin' this one then. It'll be fun to see the original terminator in this one. Just can't believe he's the governor of my state... :|

Good for you. Just make sure to get there on time. My friends and I got there 5 minutes after it began, and had some catching up to do. It was kinda a last minute idea to go see the movie. Anyways, the whole John Connor (Christian Bale) time travel thing is a little off as well as some other plot points, but still, it's amazing IMO.
Do or do not, there is no try - Yoda
BigBenKenobi

Postby The Brain » Mon May 25, 2009 1:04 pm

Heh, I'm not too worried about having to follow a plot. Methinks that's not gonna be this movie's strong point. ;)

I'm gonna go for the pure AXSHOOOOOON! I've had like a bajillion and one projects for my classes, and the next movie I see I'm not even going to critique. I need to unwind with a couple of buddies and feel the adrenaline pumping through my lazy butt as I sit dumbfounded at a giant screen. :p
The Brain

Postby Jedd the Jedi » Mon May 25, 2009 11:34 pm

Despite all the bad reviews I've read of Terminator Salvation, I am still very much looking forward to it. A CGI'd Arnold (pasted on the body of Arnold lookalike Roland Kickinger) facing off against John Connor sounds like so much fun. However, I'm sure the direction of hack extraordinaire McG must have hurt the film quite a bit.

Oh, the latest film I have watched is Angels and Demons. I kinda liked it; it's filled to the brim with nonsense but that nonsense is presented in such a fun manner that you end of sort of enjoying it.

Movie Review 24/5/09

ANGELS & DEMONS

Starring: Tom Hanks, Ewan McGregor, Ayelet Zurer
Directed by: Ron Howard
Released by: Columbia Pictures/Sony Pictures

Harvard professor and symbology super-sleuth Robert Langdon is back in this second adaptation of a Dan Brown novel. Besides the main character (played again by the unimitatable Tom Hanks), the Oscar-winning team of director Ron Howard and producer Brian Grazer have returned for the sequel. In the wake of 2006’s critically-derided The Da Vinci Code, how does its screen sequel fare?

This time around, Howard and big-name screenwriters Akiva Goldsman and David Koepp have made more of an effort to trim off the unwieldy excess from Brown’s narrative, and went for the ticking-bomb-thriller approach as opposed to the conspiracy theory 101 class we were forced to sit through the first time around. The filmmakers have wisely optimized the thriller material with which they were presented, so there is more running between churches than talking heads.

The film begins with the death of the beloved Pope, and the cardinals of the world have gathered in Vatican City for the papal conclave, i.e. the election of a new Pope. However, in the midst of this, it appears that the Illuminati secret society, an old enemy of the Catholic Church, has resurfaced, kidnapping four of the favourites for the papacy and threatening retribution for the Church’s “crimes” against them some 400 years ago.

The “ticking bomb” in this context is a canister of antimatter, a volatile experimental substance harvested by particle physicists at CERN (The European Organisation for Nuclear Research) in Geneva, Switzerland. The canister has been stolen by the Illuminati, who are now using it to hold the church hostage.

And that’s where Robert Langdon comes in. He is roped in by Inspector Ernesto Olivetti (Pierfrancesco Favino) of the Gendarme Corps of Vatican City State (otherwise known as the Vatican Police) and decipher cryptic symbols left as clues by the Illuminati and assist the Swiss Guard and the afore-mentioned Vatican Police in rescuing the four cardinals and finding the antimatter before it consumes the Vatican. Meanwhile, Commandante Richter (Stellan Skarsgard) of the Swiss Guard is largely dismissive of Langdon and is deliberately hostile to him.

The Harvard Professor is given the blessing of the idealistic young priest Camerlengo Patrick MacKenna (McGregor), a favourite of the late Pope and his former right-hand man. The earnest Camerlengo seems the most desperate to end the madness. The beautiful CERN physicist Vittoria Vetra (Zurer) is also drawn into the fray, but even the combined expertise of both academics seems almostp owerless to stop the looming Illuminati threat.

Now, if the above synopsis sounds far-fetcher, be warned that it is just the tip of this cinematic iceberg. Author Dan Brown is known for meddling fact and fiction and even passing off the former as the latter, achieving at-times laughable results. Plenty of plot points are downright ludicrious and there are enough contrivances to fill St Peter’s Square. The key prefix in this film is “psuedo” – the film is built on psuedo-science, psuedo-history, pretty much psuedo-everything. Stock characters and a fish market of red herrings also populate the picture. Therefore, suspension of disbelief is key. Thankfully though, the movie is paced well-enough, so much so that one eventually buys into the hodgepodge and goes along for the ride.

We are treated to a wonderful tour of The Vatican City that is part The Amazing Race (but with dead bodies and shootouts instead of roadblocks and detours), part dramatic angel’s-eye-views of the world’s smallest country. The fortress-church Castel Sant’ Angelo, the famous Sistine Chapel, Santa Marai Del Popolo with its imposing obelisk and the former Roman temple of “all gods” the Pantheon all figure in this whirlwind romp. While some of Angels & Demons was shot on location, the filmmakers were not granted access to several sites within the Vatican Walls, as such set reconstructions and some digital magic was employed. The results are actually fairly impressive, one might even be fooled into thinking the computer-generated replicas are the real thing.

This leads on to the cinematography of the film by Director of Photography Salvatore Totino. Totino excels in sweeping vistas of cavernous cathedrals, and many scenes are gorgeously lit, presenting the locales at their most mysterious and beautiful. The cinematography is ultimately one of the main strong points of the film. There is an enjoyable little sequence in which the main characters enter an abandoned church and Totino milks the location for all its horror-movie-style potential, even including a smart visual gag involving a pair of contractor’s boots.

A quick mention must be made of the lush yet kinetic score from famed film composer Hans Zimmer, whose past credits include Batman Begins, the Pirates of the Caribbean films and even The Lion King (which gave him one of his seven Oscar wins). The violin solo by virtuoso Joshua Bell is also something of a masterpiece and even adds some depth to the film.

Ron Howard and company are eminent forces in Hollywood today and exert that power by casting relatively big names. While this film boasts slightly less star power than its predecessor (The Da Vinci Code had actors such as Jean Reno and Ian McKellen among its cast), everyone puts in fairly credible performances here. Tom Hanks lends much credibility to the Langdon role, and gets plenty more to do in this than in the last film, from dodging bullets to saving a drowning man and from taking a dip in speedos to feverishly thumbing through ancient documents. Some of the time though, Hanks clearly has his tongue in his cheek, and especially excels in the rare humourous moments that do ease the cinematic tension. As the female lead, Israeli actress Zurer does barely as good a job as Hanks, relegated to tagging along in the mad dashes from church to church. However, she isn’t a bad actress per se and I look forward to seeing her in more Hollywood projects.

After appearing in smaller films and adventuring around the world for the last several years, it is good to see Ewan “Obi-Wan” McGregor turning in his Jedi robes from the Star Wars prequel trilogy for the Camerlengo’s cossack and back in a blockbuster, and truth be told he does a mighty fine job. However, it is not exactly believable that the youngish McGregor plays a fairly high-ranking priest, especially when other characters have to call him “Father”, and McGregor also visibly stumbles through an unwieldly soliloquy. The character, originally Italian in the book, is now Irish to accommodate the Scottish actor, and as such the Camerlengo’s backstory seems largely implausible. Ultimately though, the Camerlengo is one of the most complex characters in the film, and McGregor is largely able to parse the finer nuances in his portrayal. The incredible Stellan Skarsgard (whom we’ve seen in such films as Good Will Hunting, The Hunt For the Red October and the Pirates of the Caribbean films) seems under-utilized as the prickly Commandante, the actor fleshes out the slight bitterness his character bears towards Langdon with much relish.

The film’s small departures from the book seem to be a two-edged sword; on one hand the story has been streamlined and does work better for the screen, but on the other, interesting characters and other elements seem to have been sacrificed. For example, instead of the generic, bespectacled assassin-for-hire played by Nikolaj Lie Kaas, the book’s politically-incorrect but more interesting version was a brutish, imposing Middle-Eastern rapist. Also, the book came before The Da Vinci Code, but the timeline has been altered such that this functions as a sequel, and the romantic subplot has been jettisoned in favour of a strictly professional relationship between Langdon and Vetra. However, producer Brian Grazer did state that the filmmaking team was too "reverential" when adapting The Da Vinci Code, which resulted in it being "a little long and stagey". Therefore, the wiggle room this time around does more help than harm in the long run.

The movie is enjoyable in spite of (or perhaps because of) its sheer absurdity, offering up legitimate thrills and even a couple of outstanding action sequences. Far from being offensive or overly-controversial, Angels & Demons ends up being more cotton candy fluff than a “lofty quest”. But have angels guided Howard and Co. in their mission nonetheless? Perhaps, though this film does have its fair share of demons to contend with as well.

RATING: 3.5/5 STARS

Jedd Jong
Jedd the Jedi

Postby Firespray » Sat May 30, 2009 10:08 pm

Went and saw Up today with my mom and little sister, what a beautiful movie. I admit, it made me teary eyed at one point, has a bit of a sad beginning. The little short they showed before it was hilarious. Only complaint I have is that AMC cheaped out and didn't show the Toy Story 3 teaser :(
Firespray

Postby SkwerlJones » Sun May 31, 2009 8:43 am

I agree, Up is a masterful film that is a delight for the entire family. I don't think I've ever seen a movie that has handled so many sad moments, hilarious moments, and uplifting moments in such a fluent way as Up. I definitely recommend this movie to viewers of all ages because the comedy is handled so well. Younger watchers will go ga-ga for Dug and Kevin, while "older" watchers will laugh at Carl because they can relate.

My final rating is 5 out of- squirrel, 5 stars.
They're all wasted!
SkwerlJones

Postby theJudeAbides » Sun May 31, 2009 11:24 am

I've noticed a couple of movies that escaped my initial assessment that really should be added to the list:
  • The Taking of Pelham 1 2 3 (June 12) - Denzel AND Travolta? This definately has potential.
  • Moon (June 12) - I'm sad this is only opening in LA and NY, because this looks like a great film. Hopefully I'll be able to find the DVD.
  • Dead Snow (June 19) - Another limited opening, which is sad because Zombie Nazis is the kind of thing I could get behind, despite not being that big of a horror fan.
  • Public Enemies (July 1) - I mentioned this before, but with both Christian Bale and Johnny Depp, it bears repeating.
  • Bruno (July 10) - I skipped over this before not realizing what it was... Sacha Cohen Baron's follow up to Borat. Pointing out the blatent homophobia that runs through this country sounds hilarious to me.
  • District 9 (August 14) - This one has potential, and I'm hoping it'll live up to it.
  • Pandorum (September 4) - Just barely on the cusp of being a "Summer" blockbuster, this is another Sci-Fi thriller with potential.

In other news, I saw Terminator the other day, and am a bit undecided on how to rank it. On one hand, the action sequences are some of the best I've seen in a long time (300 comes to mind as last movie with anything close). On the other hand, the plotline is quite thin and the exposition is lacking. Really, it doesn't do anthing that the previous movies or TV show did (Quick side note: I'm still angry about the TV series being canceled). Another thing, is that it's not really clear who the hero of this film is. I went in expect John Connor to kick all kinds of booty, but that really doesn't happen. Although he kicks some booty, Sam Worthington does far more of it. It's like this movie can't make up it's mind who the star is, and I sure couldn't figure it out. As IGN stated, "It's a whole lot of sound and fury, but not much else." If you go in expecting T2s level of plotline and exposition, you'll be dissappointed. However, if you're looking for an awesome action romp, you won't find a better film right now.

Spoilers:
While it was cool to see Arnold again, it seemed quite short and a bit pointless. Plus, it's my understanding that all they did was digitally render his face, so he wasn't actually "in" the movie. It just seemed like a lame attempt to calm all those "You can't have a Terminator without Arnold" types (which is just retarded).
The beauty of a LEGO MOC is not the elements that go into it, but the way those elements are put together.
theJudeAbides

PreviousNext

Return to BCS 2.0