Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

Why is Amazon's search function so useless?

It's like the old BCS, except the 2.0 makes it fancy. Wondering why you can't post here? Check out the rules and expectations, and it all should be made clear...

Why is Amazon's search function so useless?

Postby Solo » Wed Aug 28, 2013 3:58 pm

No joke, it gives me over a hundred results and not one of them meets the parameters set. Why give the option to search within a price range or a checkbox for only items that qualify for super saver shipping and then ignore both? It's bad enough a bunch of the items don't even match the search terms in any way. I am so mildly irritated right now.

Also apparently "sort low to high" now means shuffle randomly with no regard for price. Missed that memo.
                                                                                                                           Image
Solo

Re: Why is Amazon's search function so useless?

Postby dWhisper » Wed Aug 28, 2013 6:20 pm

I thought the low to high was based on rankings, not price
If the above post didn't offend you, you're probably reading it wrong.
dWhisper

Postby Solo » Wed Aug 28, 2013 11:56 pm

Maybe they think that too, but it quite clearly says "price: low to high"
                                                                                                                           Image
Solo

Postby dWhisper » Thu Aug 29, 2013 6:37 am

Probably follow eBay's logic on it, which is "terrible deals go first"

I know the biggest issue I've had is a UX one, where they show the prices on search based on the lowest marketplace without shipping, always feature the Amazon Prime price (if available) on their page, and then add shipping and price when you go to the New/Used offers. Very inconsistent, and always looks like they're doing a bait and switch
If the above post didn't offend you, you're probably reading it wrong.
dWhisper

Postby Gingerbeard Man » Thu Aug 29, 2013 7:20 am

My irritation is more than mild regarding search terms. >8(

As for sort criteria - at least Release Date and Avg. Customer Review seem to return consistent results. Whether they are useful is another matter. How about an option to exclude pre-orders? I don't want to wade through pages of items that might be released in two ore more years time. I want to see the stuff that is out now. Also, does a single five star review really rank higher than >1000 four-and-a-half stars?
Gingerbeard Man

Return to BCS 2.0