Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

Who Are You?

It's like the old BCS, except the 2.0 makes it fancy. Wondering why you can't post here? Check out the rules and expectations, and it all should be made clear...

Anyone remember me from WAYYYYYY back?

Postby burpmaster12 » Wed Nov 18, 2009 10:51 pm

Just curious, I saw you guys pop up on a star wars page and I had a random bit of nostalgia hit me like a ton of bricks(pun so intended) .

So anyway, do any of you remember me from like 5 or so years back?

edit: also do some of the major guys back then (Cello Collin, Austin Surge, De) still frequent this place?
burpmaster12

Re: Anyone remember me from WAYYYYYY back?

Postby Chief » Wed Nov 18, 2009 11:21 pm

Ohhhh boy. Here we go :)
Chief

Re: Who Are You?

Postby Big C » Thu Nov 19, 2009 12:47 pm

This is the way the world ends.
Big C

Postby Draykov » Thu Nov 19, 2009 1:18 pm

What is a "habbo room" and how did he break it?
Hail Space!
Draykov

Postby Daz Hoo » Fri Nov 27, 2009 2:14 pm

Geez...

Can't this site attract NEW and INTERESTING people anymore???

XD
Daz Hoo

Postby meeotch » Fri Nov 27, 2009 3:41 pm

Oh, c'mon. lego_senate_commando just joined. That guy's got tons of notches on his internet belt.
"Always carefully check the source of your internet quotes" - Abraham Lincoln
meeotch

Postby theJudeAbides » Wed Dec 02, 2009 1:38 am

Daz Hoo wrote:Can't this site attract NEW and INTERESTING people anymore???

Not with people like me around. ;)
The beauty of a LEGO MOC is not the elements that go into it, but the way those elements are put together.
theJudeAbides

Thank you to everyone who contributes

Postby NopSoartfat » Sun Jan 10, 2010 5:55 pm

I just want too take some time too thank the active members for doing what you do and make this community great im a long time reader and first time poster so i just wanted to say thanks.
NopSoartfat

Greetings

Postby gotoAndLego » Tue Jan 12, 2010 11:48 am

I just registered and wanted to pop out a quick hello.

gotoAndLego

Re: Greetings

Postby banthafodder » Tue Jan 12, 2010 1:16 pm

Welcome aboard. Some nice pics there. There is a section in BCS at the top of that forum titled "Who are You" and it's a good place to introduce yourself. There are mods floating around the site and will likely direct you to that forum and shut this thread down. But again welcome and always good to have new perspectives on the site.
banthafodder

Postby BossMaroni » Thu Jan 14, 2010 1:53 pm

Okay, I had a nice, long post typed out during my lunch break at work, but I failed to save it before I hit the 'submit' button and it was lost, as I had evidently been logged out due to inactivity. That's pretty much the story of my life. XD

First, the name: Boss Maroni is a mob boss in Gotham City (played by Eric Roberts in The Dark Knight). I'm a huge Batman fan and years ago, I managed the local comic book and gaming store. A group of friends/customers started calling me Boss Maroni, (Maroni is similar to my real last name). On various forums, I go by Lee (my real name), ZombLee (horror forums) and BossMaroni (anyone else play Combat Arms?).

I've been a LEGO fan since my first set in the mid-70's and a Star Wars fan since 1977.

I'm a few weeks shy of turning 41 and have a 7 year old son (known to my friends as 'the LeeSpawn') who lives across town with him mom. Though my Dark Age ended many years before he was born, his love of all things LEGO (and Star Wars) has really encouraged me to spend far more than I should on various LEGO sets.

I live in the Hoth-like environs of Wisconsin and hate temperatures about 70 degrees F. I'm a diehard fan of the Green Bay Packers. I'm a hopeless geek for Star Wars, comic books, LEGO, role-playing (the real kind, with dice) and all things zombie-related. I work as a warranty claims administrator for a wood door manufacturer, which is a lot less fun than it sounds (and yes, I realize that it doesn't sound fun at all).

Quick facts:
Favorite Films: Star Wars: A New Hope, Seven Samurai, Citizen Kane (and MANY more)
Favorite TV shows: 24, Castle, Chuck, Lost (Firefly is my favorite of all time)
Favorite LEGO set: 6984 Galactic Mediator
Favorite SW LEGO set: I still love the 7140 X-wing Fighter
Favorite bands: Led Zeppelin, AC/DC, The Donnas
----------
Lee
"It's time to nut up or shut up." - Tallahassee in ZOMBIELAND
BossMaroni

Postby Draykov » Thu Jan 14, 2010 4:24 pm

Welcome aboard, Lee. Glad to have you here!

Hail Space!
Draykov

Postby BossMaroni » Tue Jan 19, 2010 10:14 am

Draykov wrote:Welcome aboard, Lee. Glad to have you here!

Thanks! I'm definitely a proud Cheesehead. I've been checking out the site for years (I have a FBTB watter bottle that I *think* is from Celebration II) and a lurker on the boards for a while and I finally got around to posting.
----------
Lee
"It's time to nut up or shut up." - Tallahassee in ZOMBIELAND
BossMaroni

Postby Marty » Sat Jan 23, 2010 4:46 pm

Hello you lot! I thought I'd add a few lines here to tell you a bit about myself, born in Belfast many moons ago, I was first introduce to Lego at the grand age of six. At the age of 23 moved to Australia and forgot all about it until 1999 when Lego decided to add SW to their range, haven't looked back since.
Durning this period I didn't just start with SW sets but collect everything I could get my hands on, as it was like reliving my old childhood as I was a big collector of SW toys even back then.
It was about then when the internet started to take off and I noticed FBTB, when Tim was at the Helm, Ace was just a newbie and thing's were simple then.
Apart from Lego, my other passion is Science fiction & Gadgets, name it, and probably I had it.
But Lego, has always been there, and as each year that passes they only seems to get better, if not a little wiser.
Until recently I had to sell half my collection, due to space, my garage was coming down with the stuff, but it just left room for bigger & better sets, most recent set I bought the Merry go round for my daughter.
Biggest set I ever traded for was the UCS Falcon, it was a happy day, when I got to build that, (I still haven't figured out where to put it yet?)
As for the future, my daughter has taken an interest in it since I got the medieval village, she's 5 and think's it great and loves the Sponge bob sets, one day soon I'll pass what's left of the collection on to her, (but not just yet?)

Cheers Marty
Marty

Postby Solo » Sat Jan 23, 2010 7:44 pm

Always sucks to have to unload a big chunk of your collection, at least you didn't get rid of it all and have to start completely over. I think the Falcon set kind of implies the need for a big lexan box case as a coffee table... That's just me though. That's why I don't have one. And you know, it's a bajillion dollars.
                                                                                                                           Image
Solo

Postby Garbageman13 » Tue Feb 02, 2010 1:16 pm

Well, I suppose it's time to say introduce myself.

I'm Garbageman13. After you're through laughing, I'll explain to you that I chose it because my job in our house was (*duh*) taking out the trash. At the time it sounded like a decent name, but over the years I've grown slightly embarresed because of it. At the same time I'm rather fond of it.

Some of you may have seen/known me on Flickr or Classic-Castle before. I've been a lurker on FBTB for around 4 years and just finally joined a couple monthes ago. I hope to build more Star Wars themed creations and get better involved in this community. Star Wars was always my favorite Lego theme when I was younger. I've had a slight break from it last year due to the majority of Clone Wars sets, but this year looks more promising. Although the prices have slightly sky-rocketed, I hope to snag a few 2010 sets. I've actually very rarely built Star Wars, but I've collected a decent amount of sets. I've always been known to build mostly Castle, although I'll build pretty much anything I'm in the mood for. And let me tell you my mood changes quicky when it comes to building.

Anyway, that's all I have to say. It's a pleasure to meet you all.
Garbageman13

Postby Jargon » Tue Feb 02, 2010 1:27 pm

It's a good name. It's memorable and amusing and it reminds me of the Garbage Man from Dilbert.
    - Aaron
Jargon

Postby Garbageman13 » Wed Feb 03, 2010 6:00 pm

Jargon wrote:It's a good name. It's memorable and amusing and it reminds me of the Garbage Man from Dilbert.
    - Aaron

I'm not a big Dilbert fan, but I'll take that as a compliment. Thanks.
Garbageman13

Return of an old member

Postby MMM.PWR » Mon Feb 22, 2010 6:57 pm

Hey guys, I'm a fellow AFOL and old member of FBTB. I first joined the forums when they were on ezboard, and soon after the move here in 2005, I sort of moved on with my life for a while. 5 years later and I am back. I'm kind of ashamed to admit I spent over $450 in Star Wars Lego in the past week. But I love it, so. :lol:

Anyhow, I see I have missed a lot of good sets.. I'm trying to make up for that - and I also want to get rid of some of mine.. I know I don't have enough posts to post in that section yet -- but it's mostly Original Trilogy stuff. Snow speeders, tie fighters, y-wings, etc.

After picking up 2 of the new AAT 7676's I have to admit I don't really want to keep my original Republic Gunship anymore.

Here's some very old pics of my collection, mostly in boxes, but I'm beginning to build some again.

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/Sirsid/Stuff/legoshelves.jpg

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/Sirsid/Stuff/legosw.jpg

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/Sirsid/Stuff/sid_0001.jpg

Looking forward to chatting with you all,

Jorge
Always two there are. No more, no less.
MMM.PWR

Postby Chief » Mon Feb 22, 2010 8:05 pm

Hey MMMPWR, where do you get shelves like the ones you have on your wall? I need to get some like that.

And welcome!
Chief

PreviousNext

Return to BCS 2.0