Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

Who Are You?

It's like the old BCS, except the 2.0 makes it fancy. Wondering why you can't post here? Check out the rules and expectations, and it all should be made clear...

Re: Who Are You?

Postby the_sim » Fri Jul 10, 2009 8:25 pm

Hi, I'm Jason.

I'm a 34 year old Star Wars lego nut! I've loved Legos ever since i got my 1st set when i was 8 years old.

I've been married for 6 years now, and my wife loves me for the big kid I am at heart.

I don't post much... mainly because i'm working, sleeping, or building or taking apart my sets.
the_sim

Postby PocasNuckie » Sat Jul 11, 2009 4:25 am

I can't believe that even here I have to warn people that there is no such thing as "legos" (I feel a cold breeze down my spine everytime I have to write that). :S

Using the LEGO brand name
Please help us to protect our brand name:
• The LEGO brand name should always be written in capital letters
• LEGO must never be used as a generic term or in the plural or as a
possessive pronoun, e.g. “LEGO’s”.
• When the LEGO brand name is used as part of a noun, it must never
appear on its own. It should always be accompanied by a noun. For ex
ample, LEGO set, LEGO products, LEGO Group, LEGO play materials,
LEGO bricks, LEGO universe, etc.
• The first time the LEGO brand name appears it must be accompanied
by the Registered symbol ®.
Thank you for helping us!

Source:
http://cache.lego.com/downloads/aboutus ... ile_UK.pdf

Sorry, If I look annoying with this, but I have made this issue a kind of my own crusade to fight. It's funny and it helps protect our beloved toy. I think you'll understand. ;)

Pocas
You know, Uncle Scrooge baths on his money, I bath on 1x1 Plates!
PocasNuckie

Postby Solo » Tue Jul 14, 2009 4:27 am

A few things Pocas...

First, welcome back! Always good to see older members rejoining the fray. Second, shut up! XD I'm kidding of course... but this is a place to give introductions, not scold people for using a long standing (however inaccurate) term for these toys. Besides, no one in here is going to confuse the brand for something else. That official use guide is to help clarify public statements, nothing more. They want to protect their brand, but at the same time they know alienating their fanbase is counter productive. That's why legos.com no longer touts the "YOU'RE SAYING IT WRONG" policy, it just redirects back to the lego.com site.
                                                                                                                           Image
Solo

Postby thepatient » Tue Jul 14, 2009 2:09 pm

They pronounce it legos in Minnesota ya know. :p
<O> <O>
"Never hold discussions with the monkey when the organ grinder is in the room." -Winston Churchill
thepatient

Postby AdiCredal » Tue Jul 14, 2009 9:09 pm

LEGOS LEGOS LEGOS LEGOS !!!!!!!!

Nice to see you don :D
AdiCredal

Re: A Hello From cfl_sw

Postby cfl_sw » Wed Jul 15, 2009 1:57 am

Hello everyone,

A bit about myself...

I have been a lego star wars fan for quite a while now and I thought it would be nice to join fbtb. My main hobbies are collecting lego and sports. Thus my name cfl = canadian football league and sw = star wars. My favorite lego set is the geonosian fighter and my first lego set was yellow castle. Well theres a little about me and I hope to learn about you guys too :).

I'm new to forums (first time) so don't be too hard on me :D.
cfl_sw

Postby I Don't Know » Sat Jul 18, 2009 10:02 am

I was born in Toms River , NJ in 1987 and moved to California in 1996.

OH YEA, AND I'M ITALIAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Someone once asked me"Why is Star Wars awesome?" I replied" I Don't Know, it just is."
I Don't Know

Postby AdiCredal » Sat Jul 18, 2009 12:56 pm

I Don't Know

me neither

welcome :)
AdiCredal

Postby warhawk » Mon Jul 20, 2009 1:39 pm

My name is Reto. I am from Switzerland, although i did a (job-induced) 2-year spell in Germany. Currently I'm 31 years old. At the moment I'm working for the Swiss branch of one of Europe's larger retail companies where I'm responsible for the operational computer hard- and software (not classic IT). I'm also an officer in the Swiss army which on the old boards earned me the nickname of G.I. Bricks...

I think I've haunted FBTB since about late 2001. I came out of my dark ages around mid-2001 when I found the 7181 UCS TIE Interceptor and 7191 UCS X-Wing (which I later got for Christmas from my brother). This sealed my addiction to detailed 1/24th scale LEGO Star Wars models. Finding Gareth's awesome UCS customs later that year made me start building my own UCS models (the first one was a Speeder Bike heavily based on Gareth's design, the second was an AT-PT).

Since then I've built quite a few MOCs in different scales while always trying to be as accurate as possible to the original. I rarely build my own designs but rather treat the LEGO brick as a medium to build scale models. I'm also very fond of Technic but so far haven't been able to build all those customs I want. I have however a decent collection of the most iconic official Technic sets.

As of now, I unfortunately don't have as much time for my hobby as I'd like to have. I'm afraid I'll only be a rather infrequent guest here.
warhawk

Postby PocasNuckie » Tue Jul 21, 2009 3:46 am

Welcome back, Reto.

It's really sad to know you don't have that much time for LEGO anymore (well, I don't either), since you have been since ever been a reference to me when it came to Star Wars MOC's. :(

Cheers
You know, Uncle Scrooge baths on his money, I bath on 1x1 Plates!
PocasNuckie

Postby Unitron6991 » Tue Jul 21, 2009 7:42 pm

Hi my name is Unitron6991. and I will be posting a picture of my fleet in the next few days. Been LEGOing since early 90's. Been StarWarsing since '99. Over 70k pcs on peeron.com.
Don't get technical with me...
Unitron6991

Postby ObiWen » Mon Jul 27, 2009 7:40 pm

Hello all!

Some of you may remember me from the old forums. My name is Wendy and I'm a 21 year old AFOL. I've been collecting since I was 5 years old and have yet to really have a dark age. I'm currently a senior in college majoring in History. I'm a big fan of many of the sets released in the 90's, though I thoroughly enjoy all the Star Wars sets.

-ObiWen :)
ObiWen

Postby Aurra is Singing » Tue Jul 28, 2009 3:52 pm

I'm evan and I used to hang out here a lot. I still drop in from time to time to check the place out but I have lost my interest in LEGO. I'm 15 now. I hope to someday come back and be interested in all this but for now I'm on hiatus.
Aurra is Singing

Postby Coret » Fri Jul 31, 2009 12:46 pm

Figured even though I was posting around, I would say hi and a few things about myself.

LEGO has been a part of my life since I was 3 years old. Which means I have been playing with them for 26 years now. I have always been, and always will be a Space fan, with Castle as my second favorite genre. Town and others associated with it are mostly nice for their parts. I grew up with 2 older brothers, both of which also collected LEGO sets. We all got older, and I ended up bargaining with them. That's right I got ALL the LEGO bricks when I left home. I built my first X-Wing when I was 11. (For those of you too lazy to do the Math, that is 8 years before LEGO made their first X-Wing.)

Now I am working with my 2nd Generation LEGO fans. I have 3 boys, all who love playing with LEGO products. Xander is 6, Lucas is 4, and Aiden just turned 3. (So I let him start playing with them, since I was the same age.) I use them as an excuse to buy even more LEGO sets than I normally would. I have a closet full of LEGO sets that we pick up when they are on sale for their Birthdays and Christmas. Hardest part is teaching them how to keep all the LEGO bricks separated.

Anyway, I just recently joined FBTB, but been coming here for years. Finally decided I should join up and pipe up. As to my Username, it is a name I have used for a long time. It is a character I made along time ago named Coret De'Lontre. See you guys around.
Coret

Postby Jens » Tue Aug 04, 2009 1:50 pm

Hello!

I'm Jens, new recruit.
I joined to see how it is here, as there has been a lot of fuzz about this place but so far I'm enjoying chatting with the people who are on mibbit.

A lot of people call me a clonetard...I'm not surprised...but I see myself more as an anytard, building for whatever. SW and Apoc (based on Fallout) is my main interests for LEGO.

Modder? Purist? In between.....I have a large collection of Brickarms and various custom brands. I'll never paint/decal/"sharpie" any of my LEGO but I tend to cut/sand parts once in awhile.

I don't think there is more you have to know but I hope I can enjoy FBTB.
Jens

Postby The Guy » Sat Aug 08, 2009 10:47 am

Hello Jens.

I was born in Japan. (My parents were in the U.S. Navy, don't ask) I now live in Ohio. My main intrest in LEGO® is LEGO Star Wars. My username was going to be The New Guy,because I'm new to building and here, but I shortened it cause The New Guy sounded... noobish. :lol:
The Guy

Postby Aharown » Mon Aug 17, 2009 4:11 pm

Strange that I missed this thread until now...

I'm Aharown, the phonetic translation of my Hebrew name (Aaron), although according to the concordance, Ahărôwn would be more accurate. I'm 32 and work at a beautiful resort here in Ontario. My parents introduced me to Duplo before I can remember, but my earliest sets were Classic Space, of which I got more for a number of years until the line fell by the wayside. I then became interested in playing with my friends with G.I. Joes and Transformers instead. This changed when Pirate LEGO came out, although my family was never able to buy me any of the large sets. Pirates was my main focus until (and even after) the line originally ended in 1997, with new purchases being primarily for new parts that could be added to my MOCs (Castle, Ninja, Wild West, Adventurers etc..). Although pirates was my main interest, and I had stayed far away from SW LEGO (mainly due to my realization that it would be addictive!), the Mos Eisley Cantina set was the first set that really started me on collecting SW LEGO. I had only a few small sets when my obsession with Pirates ended with the Jack Stone pirate line - the new colours, and large, simplified pieces turned me off and drove me into my other hobby, HO scale model railroading, for a few years. The new Clone Wars cartoon in particular, although aimed at kids, has spawned some excellent sets, prompting me to get into SW LEGO in a big way, and closing the circle, if you will, on my first Classic Space sets from nearly 30 years ago.
<><
Aharown

Postby ShockZap » Wed Aug 19, 2009 3:32 pm

I've been here for a while, but never did this. I'm a boy from Nebraska and I love LEGO and Star Wars. My favorite TV show is Chowder on Cartoon Network. Oh and, "Shnitzel, I was just about to clean Princess Fluffy's litterbox! You're just going to have to wait your turn!"- Chowder
I'm probably cooler than all of you combined.

[*Account "temporarily" suspended for excessive rude behavior to other members. Big shocker there - Don]
ShockZap

Postby ccandgc » Sun Oct 18, 2009 10:07 am

Hi, my name is Chad, and I have a problem.....I love Lego's! XD I have loved them since I was a kid. My son and I love to build, and we really love the Star Wars sets. We live in San Diego, I'm 35 and a dad of 2. Married 14 years to a wonderful girl, who is mostly tolerant ;)

Thanks!
Chad
-Chad
ccandgc

Postby BrickDeth1123 » Sun Nov 08, 2009 9:37 pm

Well I should say thank goodness for a thread like this lol. I looked all over for a "New Members" section, or something along those lines, but couldn't seem to find such a place. Anyway, I've lurked around this place for quite some time. Since 2005 I believe, and it's helped me alot with all the sets I've come across, and sought out. Glad to finally become a member of the community :D (Btw these smileys are awesome, haha).

Anyway, my name is just taken from a name I had on another forum, which in itself was taken from my Username at various other places lol. I just alter it to fit the theme of whichever place I'm apart of, last time it was Cloverdeth (formally of the Cloverfield Movie Forum).

But yeah, I thought I might give some insight into that, though I hope it wasn't completely pointless that I did lol.

I hope to share some of my creations very soon, and can't wait to interact with all of you XD .
BrickDeth1123

PreviousNext

Return to BCS 2.0