Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

Who Are You?

It's like the old BCS, except the 2.0 makes it fancy. Wondering why you can't post here? Check out the rules and expectations, and it all should be made clear...

Re: Who Are You?

Postby nacho » Fri Mar 13, 2009 1:17 pm

I'm a bit late on this one :x

Hi! I am nacho. I go by nacho, because I am lame enough to make up my own nickname and start calling myself by it. I also prefer nacho chips over other foods sold at concession stands.

Grew up in the South, but like BlackDragon (I forget the new name), I don't really have an accent. I think I say, or type rather, y'all a lot more online than in real life. I am currently a second-semester college freshman at a very awesome university whose basketball team won against Virginia Tech recently! I love all things Star Wars, which is probably why I ended up on this awesome website and got to know this wonderful community of geeks like me.

My top interests...okay, obsessions are:
- the UKULELE!
- drums
- violin to a much lesser extent
- biology
- Star Wars

I haven't bought a Lego set in close to a year, and honestly, I have never contributed to the Lego part of these forums throughout my almost-four-year stay here. :)

Also, I am very awkward. :D
Last edited by nacho on Fri Jul 31, 2009 8:03 pm, edited 2 times in total.
nacho

Postby Solo » Fri Mar 13, 2009 1:38 pm

Glad to see you finally sign the logbook here ;)
                                                                                                                           Image
Solo

Postby Heady » Fri Mar 13, 2009 1:41 pm

Yay, another violinist is here!
Anyhoo, welcome to the new FBTB, I know that you'll enjoy your time here. :)
I used to be known as H3D1
Heady

Postby nacho » Fri Mar 13, 2009 2:38 pm

haha, I have enjoyed my whole time here. It's a great place!
nacho

Postby Xeta » Fri Mar 13, 2009 10:04 pm

:'(
Sorry, never saw the thread.The new site was too confusing...

Anyway, I'm Xeta as you all know. Just poked around one day and saw the zombie-infested FBTB so I came here.
Xeta

Postby The Brain » Sat Mar 14, 2009 10:27 pm

Might as well give my formal entrance.

I am The Brain (if you'd like you can call me Will), 15 years old from the NorCal Bay Area--the 41510 (now you all now what I mean by that). I love LEGO, and ever since I was a little kid, I can remember building huge building made out of LEGO with my older brother, but my love of Star Wars started because of my bro's vague interest in it. I was always the more fantasy-loving kid, but he was always willing to try to comprehend the intricate stories of Tolkien and Lucas.

I also love reading, making/watching movies, hanging with friends, running, video and computer games, politics, and biology.
Here are some random facts about me:

Favorite Book(s): Lord of the Rings trilogy
Favorite Movie(s): I love most of em. Easier to say my least favorite--the Comebacks. Least funny comedy ever.
Favorite Sport: Fencing
Favorite Sports Team: Golden State Warriors/Celtics--toss up because I have ties to both places
Favorite Song: Bohemian Rhapsody by Queen
Favorite Band: Queen, but also like Weird Al Yankovich. Pure brilliance.
Favorite Video Game: KOTOR
Favorite Computer Game: Civilization III/Forces of Corruption
Favorite TV Show: The Simpsons
Favorite (Sw) LEGO Set: Ouch, all of 'em I've got. :lol:

And that's pretty much it! :D
Last edited by The Brain on Tue Mar 02, 2010 10:19 pm, edited 2 times in total.
I am the brain, that which keeps you sane
I think your thoughts, I feel your pain
I am able to control both body and soul
I am never asleep, and I make you whole.
The Brain

Postby Mlikwe » Sun Mar 15, 2009 11:42 pm

Wait, are we still doing this? I haven't been here in a while. I'm Mlikwe, although I have used many variants of the same name. I'm 14, live in California and hold the power of sheer awesomeness. Unless you actually meet me. XD
Mlikwe

Postby bigkid24 » Mon Mar 16, 2009 11:51 am

I don't think I've replied yet. bigkid24 on the old boards too. I'm the same mostly because it's too hard to come up with a username. Bigkid because that's what I am and 24 because that's how old I was when I started joining forums and stuff. Thought about changing it every year when I joined a new forum but I thought that would be depressing.
bigkid24

Postby Skafte » Wed Mar 18, 2009 7:07 am

Somehow I missed this. I'm 35, lecturer in archaeology at a university on the island of Gotland in Sweden, where I live with my wife and 6 months old boy. My real name is Petter, Skafte is my medieval alter ego used in the SCA (any other SCAdians out there?). It's an old Scandinavian name, not much in use these days.

I've been a LEGO addict for about 5-6 years, it was Star Wars that got me back. I have all the UCS sets and quite a lot of system sets from the OT as well. Being into archaeology professionally, I also collect the IJ sets. I've recently discovered a love for the crownies/dvarves/trolls Castle line as well. I need more of everything.

I also like music (I play the trumpet in a Dixie band and some medieval instruments), whisky, Nintendo and some other stuff.

Here is my LEGO page: http://www.lego.zoomin.se
Brick me!
Skafte

Postby Enigma » Sun Mar 22, 2009 2:41 pm

I'm Engima! I hail from the star in the middle of Texas! I'm an FBTB member and have been since 2005, on and off, and my old title was Lazy Hippy.

Here I am, back to talking to you dudes again.

-Jordan
Enigma

Postby BigBenKenobi » Sun Mar 22, 2009 3:10 pm

Wow, it seems like you've been gone for a long time...or at least long enough to make me think where did he go. It's awesome to see you back here though :D .
Do or do not, there is no try - Yoda
BigBenKenobi

Postby SkwerlJones » Sun Mar 22, 2009 3:20 pm

I hope your wearing shoes this time! This website is brand new and doesn't need you messing it up! Filthy, good for nothing hippy...

Welcome back! XD
They're all wasted!
SkwerlJones

Postby commander_joe » Tue Mar 24, 2009 12:59 pm

I come to you from the middle of Spartan nation, in East Lansing, MI. Im currently a college student majoring in Kinesiology with desires to become a PE teacher. I love sports - all of them. And I hate being inactive. Unless its watching sports on TV. Loved Legos all my life, since my folks first got me the old regular blocks when we lived in Georgia. Im sad to say that my collecting frenzy has taken a hit since starting college, but I still love seeing all the new sets.

Ive been on FBTB for a while - just not around so often. Look for me more ofthen though.
commander_joe

Postby Captain Typo » Fri Mar 27, 2009 10:34 pm

I'm Captain Typo... Hopefully, some remember me from... Oh, wait, hopefully you do NOT remember my previous incarnation, as well as my descent into crime! Well, a quick synopsis; I joined FBTB 1.5 December 10 of '07. I started out pretty well, I think, and as I became more comfortable with the community, I became more open... But then, I- Nev'mind, long an' short is, I went on the lam, an action which may have very well saved my life! For once I dared to show my face at 1.5 once more, I found a wasteland... Plus some cubbyhole fragments, corpses, and these "zombie-slaying, thread-cleansing plans" that, according to the reports accompanying them, failed due to lack of communication and/or speed in execution... Anyway, I continued my nomadic journey, reading graphic novels and splurging on Lego just to keep alive, when I finally stumbled across this "2.0"! I was prepared to make a new name for myself, only to find myself lost in a deluge of homework and non-Lego interest... And, once I paddled safely to shore, I made my way back here, and here I am... unable to fall asleep at half past 1, eating a Hot Pocket, and making a post that everyone will think me crazy for writing... But hey, for those that recall my posts in 1.5 prior to my downfall, think of it this way; How befitting is it that I should re-emerge with a gargantuan post that no one will read in its entirety? After all, that's how my posts used to be... :x

So yeah, big posts: bad. I'll just mention my interests, and then I'll be on my way;

There are 2 things I enjoy that I shouldn't even have to mention.

But besides those, I'm also into Lego and Star Wars. XD I've also become a somewhat avid Bat-fan, although not as knowledgeable as, say 11Numb or Jedd. Actually, I'm more like an all-around DC fan, but I digress. I also like to read, act, watch movies, listening to movie soundtracks (especially John Williams and Hans Zimmer), and play video games... Namely, Battlefront. My time is mostly divvied up into doing those things, plus schoolwork and my job...

"SO, now you get a leetle taste of whut ah dew. Pretty dang exciting, eh?" -Nacho Libre
"Yippie-ki-yay, my friend."

-John McLane, Die Hard With a Vengeance- The TV Edit
Captain Typo

Location: Trapped inside a quadrilateral receptacle that is in front of you

Postby Bored Robot » Sun Apr 05, 2009 5:56 pm

Greetings from Washington D.C.

New member here, just getting into the SW lego world although I've played with Lego for years.

I'm into the usual video game/sci-fi/comic book stuff in addition to marine aquariums, model railroading and motocross.
j. anthony
Bored Robot

Postby captain brick » Tue Apr 07, 2009 4:29 pm

I'm Flynn, joined 2 days ago,I'm 15 and I used to be on the old forum before our computer got stuffed. (just got fixed recently)
captain brick

Postby Servant Saber » Sat Apr 11, 2009 11:00 am

Aloha, I'm Servant Saber

I have been on the forum since 2005 post hack and used to go by PJcountach, however I really wanted to change to Servant Saber because She's my favorite Anime Character.

I like Lego, Anime, fish, and Star wars, I like cars too, but I'm trying to remain detached in the midst of potential bankruptcies of some favorite models... >:(

I am a Senior at college, which means, not for long.

I used to be a real Star wars Nerd, but Episode 3 dissappointed me so I kind of dropped off for a while, while still getting the lego sets. These days I collect Lego Castle and Fate/Stay Night merchandise.

I am also working on a trilogy book series which i consider my pipe dream, but hey, it's easier than starting my own Super-car company.

Sayonara
Servant Saber

Postby Greanleader » Mon Apr 20, 2009 8:28 pm

This time for real...

Hey, anyone remember me? It being two years since I left, I don't think many people will. Wow, this place has changed a lot. Just wanted to pop in and see if I recognize anyone. Hey, maybe I'll stay, though my interests have drifted away from either Lego or Star Wars.

To those who remember me: I realize I wasn't the most mature person back then. If anyone remembers my last few posts on the old board, I'd just like to say I apologize for being a bit of a blockhead. That being said, greetings to you. :)
~Robert
Greanleader

Postby Joedward » Tue Apr 21, 2009 11:59 am

I always thought you were pretty mature, though in comparison to me, that's not saying too much. :D

I do indeed remember you though, maybe that's due to the typo in your name, ;) welcome back.
~Ed
(that's Mr. Ed to you)

(T!!!!!!!T=:|[\########################################
Joedward

Postby GIJOE317 » Fri May 01, 2009 7:56 am

Hi, I've been building Legos since the 70's.
My 1st set was 430 The Biplane.
Now I'm 42 and build sets with my 6yr old son.
We recently found an odd boxed Lego, and I picked
it up because I thought it was rare. Come to find out,
The Galidor sets weren't very popular. I've found that
they fall apart easily as well.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/28767532@N08/3477551838/
GIJOE317

PreviousNext

Return to BCS 2.0