Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

Who Are You?

It's like the old BCS, except the 2.0 makes it fancy. Wondering why you can't post here? Check out the rules and expectations, and it all should be made clear...

Re: Who Are You?

Postby Bengh_Zeran » Wed Feb 18, 2009 11:12 pm

Hello there,

My name is Erik, a 37 years old AFOL from the Netherlands.
I created my username 'Bengh_Zeran' since I became a member of Lugnet and a buyer/seller on BrickLink and Ebay, back in 2001 and I kept using this name on every site I got registered ever since.
Of course it is inspired by Star Wars and LEGO (as in 'brick hunter Bengh Zeran', derived from 'bounty hunter')
I've been a lurker for a long time on the old FBTB but never registered before ( :x )
Time to make up for it I guess!

A little about me: I've been collecting LEGO for little over 30 years now.
It began in 1979 with LEGOLAND Space, all the way untill 1998 (had some Dark Ages, but when I got connected to the internet and discovered BrickLink and the likes I first bought every Space set I had missed to complete that collection.) So when LEGO Star Wars was released in 1999, I started collecting it right away and have never stopped since...
Funny thing is that I've only been into Star Wars since the release of the Special Edition Trilogy in 1997 (my parents were definitely NOT into sci-fi back in 1977 (my father still isn't but I got my mother hooked on the new BSG! :lol: )
But that explains why I never got to see A New Hope when I was 5 yrs old. :'( )
Anyway, since 1997 Star Wars got me totally hooked and now I dare to call myself a true but proud geek on the matter! :p

I'm currently living on my own again, but that gives me all the room to expand my LEGO universe without having to 'explain' myself to anybody every time I feel like buying another LEGO set!

I'm mostly a lurker and will probably not post that many topics or replies to be honest, because I'm kind of busy with many other things in my life right now.
But the intention ánd the plans are there to create some (hopefully nice looking) MOCs from the Star Wars universe.
Besides the Star Wars saga (and LEGO of course) I'm also fond of the SW KotOR franchise which has led me to some LEGO building inspiration for the future!

That's it for now. If you want to know more, please click my username to view my profile or the WWW-icon below my username to find out more about me and/or my LEGO addiction. May the Force be with us!

(No Bothans have died to bring you this information.)
Last edited by Bengh_Zeran on Sat Feb 21, 2009 9:15 pm, edited 3 times in total.
There is no emotion, there is peace. There is no ignorance, there is knowledge.
There is no passion, there is serenity. There is no chaos, there is harmony.
There is no death, there is The Force.
(The Jedi code)
Bengh_Zeran

Location: somewhere between Dxun and Nar Shaddaa... (Netherlands)

Postby dWhisper » Thu Feb 19, 2009 1:40 am

My name is Inigo Montoya... you killed my...

Wait, no, that's not it. I could continue in with an alcoholics joke, but you know, what's the fun in that. The name is Nick, 30, married, and I've been an adult LEGO collector since '99, when the Star Wars line came out. I went through a dark age for a couple years, before starting my collection up again in 2006, the same time when I joined FBTB (yep, the "youngest" staff member by a wide margin).

Other than that, I'm a web developer and interface designer for the largest company in the US, I live in Arkansas (and have since April), and have an evil little kitty that takes adorable little pictures to hide that evilocity. Outside of LEGO, I'm an amateur writer (my minor in college), I enjoy World of Warcraft, Magic the Gathering, and the occasional bout of Warhammer. Um... and the Cowboys are the best Football team in the history of ever, and I'm so not above banning people who dare to disagree.
If the above post didn't offend you, you're probably reading it wrong.
dWhisper

Postby theJudeAbides » Thu Feb 19, 2009 4:13 am

dWhisper wrote: Um... and the Cowboys are the most overrated Football team in the history of ever...

Fixed. ;) Seriously, Tony Romo can lick my sweaty, white 2x2 bricks (you don't want to know why they're sweaty). Heck, even my choke-tastic Vikings are better than them. (If you want to learn how to most effectively choke in football, just watch Vikings tapes... they pretty much wrote the book on it). Really, though, all we need is a good quarterback. I mean, we've got good recievers and backs (see: Adrien Peterson) as well as solid offensive and defensive lines (the Williams are not easily beaten). It's just that Tarvaris is shaky at best and Frerotte is old and soggy. We need someone who can throw the ball well and can lead the team. It may also be helpful Adrien stops coating his hands in butter before the game. But somehow they're still better than the Cowgirls. Kinda sad, really.

dWhisper wrote:...I'm so not above banning people who dare to disagree.

<_<
>_>
:cool:
The beauty of a LEGO MOC is not the elements that go into it, but the way those elements are put together.
theJudeAbides

Postby Jettbacca » Thu Feb 19, 2009 3:09 pm

I did kill your father. And I will KILL YOU!! >:)
In the words of Dr.Evil- "All I want are some sharks with frickin' laser beams attached to their heads!"
Jettbacca

Postby dWhisper » Thu Feb 19, 2009 5:05 pm

Oh, it's so tempting Jude, it's tempting. But I have to be at least a little nice to the party-boat, can't win a game, Vikings. Not just because they have a phenomenal running back (even if he did play for the frak Sooners), but because if it wasn't for the Vikings, the Cowboys wouldn't have been the best team of the 90s. Thanks for those draft picks.

How did Herschel Walker work out for you guys?
If the above post didn't offend you, you're probably reading it wrong.
dWhisper

Postby theJudeAbides » Thu Feb 19, 2009 5:36 pm

dWhisper wrote:How did Herschel Walker work out for you guys?

Now you're just being mean, but it's your birthday, so I'll let it slide.

To answer the question: Not well. Not well at all.

At least we don't have any premadonna recievers whining up the place. :O
The beauty of a LEGO MOC is not the elements that go into it, but the way those elements are put together.
theJudeAbides

Postby ccjwprongs » Fri Feb 20, 2009 7:28 am

I'm ccjwprongs, again, you all know me... right?

...right...?
Neeeooowwwwww
ccjwprongs

Postby Teekay » Fri Feb 20, 2009 6:25 pm

dWhisper wrote:(even if he did play for the frakkin Sooners)

Heyyyy, the "frakkin Sooners" are my team.

Not that I'm disagreeing or anything. ;)

~Sam (Teekay)
I don't know why I dropped back here again lately. LEGO can no longer hold my interest, and I'm almost certainly gone forever. Bye to all who remember me.
Teekay

Location: Haven't been on in nearly a year. Probably gone forever. Nostalgia brought me back one last time.

Postby The Master » Sat Feb 21, 2009 9:05 am

Hi everyone!

It's "The Master", FBTB's biggest Doctor Who fan! Well, here we are at the beginning of a new era for our beloved forums. And what a change eh? New look, new features. Ah yes, this place just gets better and better! :D Unfortunately, I've been so busy at work recently that I haven't had time to re-register and get online. :( But at least I'm here now. :)

Looking to the future, this is probably going to be my last year on FBTB (as a full time member). I'm going in the RAF later this year (providing I get everything at home sorted first) and that means giving up my "normal" life. There will be no time for friends, sports, hobbies, television or the internet. But hey! Switching it for fast jets, helicopters and transport planes can't be all that bad can it? :p

Oh and yes, there is a prize (Lego set #7163 Republic Gunship) for the person who correctly guesses the time it takes for me and Joedward to bump into each other on an RAF Station!! :lol:

See you in the forums!
The Master. :)
:)
The Master

Postby Kaminoan » Sat Feb 21, 2009 10:20 am

My name is Jared, I go by Kaminoan, and I have a LEGO problem. I have been clean for 6 minutes. I had some LEGO in the board index before coming into the Coffee Shop.

Seriously, I play with dolls.... I mean Minifigures. I design outfits, I mean decals for them. Got to lay off the LEGO, it makes me say/type the weirdest things.

I have been here since the age of Tim. If you don't get that, its ok. It just means I am old. So far I think I am the oldest here. Well actually there was another with the same birth year mentioned earlier.

Thanks for the new digs FBTB.

- K
Kaminoan

Postby BigBenKenobi » Sat Feb 21, 2009 1:36 pm

Kaminoan wrote:My name is Jared, I go by Kaminoan, and I have a LEGO problem. I have been clean for 6 minutes. I had some LEGO in the board index before coming into the Coffee Shop.

Sounded like an introduction to an AA meating...only Lego. Maybe we could start a group for those of us who have a lego problem. We could call it: FBTB 3.0 ;) .
Do or do not, there is no try - Yoda
BigBenKenobi

Postby Jargon » Sat Feb 21, 2009 5:04 pm

Junsier wrote:I am Junsier. You can call me "Junsier", "Junseir", "Jnusier", "Jnsurie", "Juns", "Juni", "Joons", "Joonz", "Joons", "party", "Junseeay", or just "Big J".

. . . and some of us call him SnugglyMarshmallowCupcakes.
    - Aaron
Jargon

Postby Darth Vaultous » Sat Feb 21, 2009 8:13 pm

Hey Bothans! The name's Darth Vaultous, member of old FBTB since April 2007.

I got into Star Wars in May of 2005, right around the time of the huge pre-Episode 3 hype. My friends introduced me to the previous Star Wars movies a couple weeks before Episode 3 came out and I loved them. I knew I just had to see Episode 3 opening weekend. When I saw it, I probably had the greatest cinematic experience of my life. Months later I got into Star Wars legos and have been collecting sets ever since.

Besides Star Wars and Legos I'm in to playing and listening to music, playing my Wii and watching movies. Music is a big part of my life and I plan to have a career in it in the future. I'm always playing, practicing, or listening to music. My favorite genres of music are Jazz, Classic Rock, and Ska. My favorite movies are the Star Wars series, the Indiana Jones series, Spider-man 1 & 2, The Dark Knight, and Monty Python & the Holy Grail. My favorite video games are Super Smash Bros. Mario Kart, and Rock Band.
"It's like if you watch The Simpsons, but you never have liver problems."
- Egoraptor
Darth Vaultous

Postby Marf » Sun Feb 22, 2009 3:55 pm

I just bumped into this forum....

Hey there fellow Brick-building, zombie killin', Star Wars watchin' bothans!
I got bumped up from ye ol' FBTB 2.0 (which we will all gladly miss :'( ) On there I was a poor fellow who only had a free email back when they werent allowed (around 2006) I waited and waited and finally got an account not too long ago and called myself mammymarf. Since we had to reregister on FBTB 3.0 I have changed to Marf (I like things short and simple XD). Well I hope I will spend a while on here and I always enjoy visiting this site.
---Josh---
(]HHHHH*H[:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
Marf

Postby F_M » Mon Feb 23, 2009 12:47 am

Well, you may or may not remember me, but I was 'Falcon Man' back on the old forums. I changed it to just 'F_M' because my old name really didn't sound that cool to begin with. :lol: Anyway, I'm 14 from WA state. I like football, soccer, baseball, hockey, rugby, and airsoft. I'm not really into LEGO anymore, but build something every once in a while. Airsoft is my main sport right now and I have 2 guns, and about to get a 3rd. :D

I went to the old site today not knowing what was going on then read about the new new forum. So that's how I got here. :p
<>--<(F_M)>--<>
F_M

Postby timborino » Mon Feb 23, 2009 12:46 pm

I suspect most of y'all recognize my name. I was going to drop the "borino" and just go with tim, but I didn't want to be mistaken for any other Tims.

Let's see. I've been more or less active on FBTB since I was fourteen, seven years ago. I am still of fan of Lego, though I rarely do anything with my bricks. Mainly I lurk these days.
timborino

Postby Jettbacca » Mon Feb 23, 2009 3:53 pm

FICUS!
In the words of Dr.Evil- "All I want are some sharks with frickin' laser beams attached to their heads!"
Jettbacca

Postby Joedward » Mon Feb 23, 2009 4:14 pm

RUNNING MATE!

Can we have another Mayoral Election that isn't plagued by corruption. I don't believe any active members really voted for Don last time......but anyway.

Hi all you new people. :D
~Ed
(that's Mr. Ed to you)

(T!!!!!!!T=:|[\########################################
Joedward

Postby BaronSat » Tue Feb 24, 2009 4:17 pm

Kaminoan wrote:My name is Jared, I go by Kaminoan...
.... So far I think I am the oldest here. Well actually there was another with the same birth year mentioned earlier.

Thanks for the new digs FBTB.

- K

No, you're not, I was lurking the first version of FBTB when you were a kid, sonny :lol:
That was in good old 20th century when FBTB was "From bricks to Bothans" on yakface.com... and modems as fast as 56ko...
But you probably registered before me as I joined only on June 2005... if I believe my old profile.

Hello I'm BaronSat a.k.a. Eric Druon... or is it the opposite? In fact my complete nickname is "Thanks god it's BARON SATurday night fever" but it was a bit too long and too old school!

I'm a Star Wars fan, toys (vintage and modern) and of course I enjoy playing and building with my Lego bricks.

And I enjoy the new FBTB it's like a new start for everybody.

Live long and prosper* to the new FNTB

Eric / BaronSat

* Yes, I know.
BaronSat

Postby Puddleglum » Thu Mar 12, 2009 11:42 am

Hey everyone! My name is Matt, I'm an AFOL in my late 20's living in Northern Virginia with my wife and toddler son. Puddleglum is what I go by most places online - he's my favorite character from the Chronicles of Narnia books by C.S. Lewis.

I loved LEGO as a kid, mostly Space and Castle. Star Wars LEGO brought me out of my dark age in 99 (Landspeeder 7110 FTW!) while I was in college. I discovered FBTB shortly after, and read the site regularly, but mostly lurked in the forums. I quickly went into compulisive collector mode, buying every single SW LEGO set from 99-02, but not doing much actual building.

Graduating, doing a year-long missions trip, getting married, starting my first job, and having a child all conspired together to put me into a dim age from '04 until last summer, when I bought the Creator set Mini Vehicles. From there I joined Classic-Castle.com, discovered the LEGO community on flickr, and have caught the building bug big-time. I don't buy much SW LEGO these days, but the Podracer contest has landed me back here at FBTB, and I hope to get my entry up soon!
Im in ur flickr
Puddleglum

PreviousNext

Return to BCS 2.0