Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

Help to contact a real paypal representative

It's like the old BCS, except the 2.0 makes it fancy. Wondering why you can't post here? Check out the rules and expectations, and it all should be made clear...

Help to contact a real paypal representative

Postby bobalego » Sat Mar 03, 2012 12:13 pm

I am pretty fed up with paypal but as it is still the number one way to pay for things on bricklink and seeing as I still have account information with them, I desperately need to speak with a real person. The website keeps sending me into a loop asking me why I want to contact them but I can't actually tell them on the site. It wont allow me to type anything or select from their supposed drop down menu that is not possible to open. Any ides or phone numbers that you know about?
bobalego

Re: Help to contact a real paypal representative

Postby bigospedros » Sat Mar 03, 2012 12:21 pm

If you go to their site and click on "Contact Us" at the bottom of the screen, there'll be an option to click called "Call us" and they'll give you a pin code so you can call them on this number 0845 4011 050. The pin allows them to identify your account when you call.
bigospedros
Staff Writer

Postby Mofo Jones » Sat Mar 03, 2012 3:23 pm

Of course, if you're not in the UK there will likely be an applicable USA toll-free number listed.

Or, try PayPal info on GetHuman instead.
Will Tactically Consult for money, food or LEGO.
Mofo Jones
Staff Writer

Postby bobalego » Sun Mar 04, 2012 5:10 am

I have tried everything mentioned except the phone number, will try that later Monday. To pursue my question further, I'd like to know what is going on with paypal, it looks like a fake webservice now, my computer keeps questioning the websites "certificate," saying it is not valid. It ussually takes me three or four tries to log in, and I am not an idiot, I know my password, type it slow, etc...to give further proof aside from a screen shot which is probably not a good idea to protect my account, here is an example of the errors that often appear on my account page:
"My withdrawal limits
Monthly limit
You’ve reached your monthly withdrawal limit.
The amount you’ve withdrawn will reset to zero on Dec 29, 1990"

See anything wrong with this? I wish someone could tell me why people still use this site. I would like to try a different service if you have a suggestion that most Ebayers and bricklink shop owners will accept...
bobalego

Postby bigospedros » Sun Mar 04, 2012 12:36 pm

Is your account verified ?

Have you tried different browsers ?
bigospedros
Staff Writer

Postby Mofo Jones » Sun Mar 04, 2012 5:18 pm

Do you have the latest version of your browser?
Have you tried clearing your cache?
Make sure that the Paypal URL starts with HTTPS (the S being secure) rather than HTTP
Other than that, call Paypal and see what happens.

It's slow, but a lot of eBay and BL sellers will take a USPS money order.
Will Tactically Consult for money, food or LEGO.
Mofo Jones
Staff Writer

Postby Draykov » Thu Mar 08, 2012 7:52 am

If you're using IE, you could always try engaging compatibility mode and then taking another crack at the drop-down menus. Probably best to try Firefox, Chrome or Opera though.
Hail Space!
Draykov

Postby markerpk » Fri Apr 13, 2012 11:20 am

Yeah, I know a bit late to post on this, but it does sound alot like you've been hit with a redirect TO a fake paypal site. If you haven't already, do a very thorough cleanse of your system with antivirus, anti malware, etc. Hopefully it's not too late, but I would also suggest closing down your existing paypal account and starting a new one. If you've been the victim of a malware redirect, the bad guys may well already have full access to your paypal account, if not your bank account(if it was linked).
markerpk

Return to BCS 2.0