Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

Condolences to Liam Neeson and family

It's like the old BCS, except the 2.0 makes it fancy. Wondering why you can't post here? Check out the rules and expectations, and it all should be made clear...

Condolences to Liam Neeson and family

Postby Bengh_Zeran » Thu Mar 19, 2009 1:22 pm

Today the news has been released by her husband and family that actress Natasha Richardson has passed away yesterday at age 45 after a skiing accident earlier this week.

Natasha was married to actor Liam Neeson who most of us know from his performance as Qui-Gon Jinn in The Phantom Menace.
Natasha and Liam have two children.

My heart goes out to Liam, his children and family during these tough times.
There is no emotion, there is peace. There is no ignorance, there is knowledge.
There is no passion, there is serenity. There is no chaos, there is harmony.
There is no death, there is The Force.
(The Jedi code)
Bengh_Zeran

Location: somewhere between Dxun and Nar Shaddaa... (Netherlands)

Re: Condolences to Liam Neeson and family

Postby The Brain » Thu Mar 19, 2009 4:26 pm

While I do agree and wish the family the best, I think this site is sort of an inappropriate venue to be offering condolences on.

Btw, I sincerely hope this does not turn into a discussion thread, as the family asked for privacy concerning this issue. It is a tragedy to offer sympathy for, but let's not discuss what happened.
I am the brain, that which keeps you sane
I think your thoughts, I feel your pain
I am able to control both body and soul
I am never asleep, and I make you whole.
The Brain

Postby Cali » Thu Mar 19, 2009 6:54 pm

And, what about all the other family's out there that are having a really tough time? You gonna pray for them?
Cali

Postby Emperor » Thu Mar 19, 2009 9:46 pm

Yes actually. Is there something wrong with praying?
Brickshelf | flickr
theJudeAbides wrote:be prepared to endure untold pain and a little something I refer to as "blue shell rape." Enjoy!
Emperor

Postby Cali » Thu Mar 19, 2009 10:05 pm

Did I even come close to stating that praying was a bad thing? No, I just asked if everyone else was in his prayers, not just an actor (and his family).
Cali

Postby theJudeAbides » Thu Mar 19, 2009 11:41 pm

Alright you guys, there's no need to turn this into a religious argument. That's pretty much the quickest path to the dark side (and flame wars).

While I do agree with The Brain a little (its highly doubtful Liam Neeson or his family would ever read this), I think posts like these do serve a purpose. Not everyone is up on these subjects (I wasn't aware of this until I read the thread), so in that manner, these posts serve as a sort of an obituary. The best way to honor someone's death is to remember them and the things they did. Don't dwell on their death; instead, focus on their life.
The beauty of a LEGO MOC is not the elements that go into it, but the way those elements are put together.
theJudeAbides

Postby ThinkingImpaired » Fri Mar 20, 2009 12:34 am

There were a hundred of these on the last FBTB that no one was criticizing...what's wrong with them now?
Don't you waste away, for tomorrow will soon be today
ThinkingImpaired

Postby Solo » Fri Mar 20, 2009 2:03 am

Word. As pointless as I think this sort of thread is, I respect others opinions enough to shut up about it most of the time. Now I'm stepping in to defend a thread I'd rather not see started in the first place.
                                                                                                                           Image
Solo

Postby Jedd the Jedi » Fri Mar 20, 2009 5:28 am

Guys, tone it down. We've had threads like this in the past for actors who passed away such as Charleton Heston, Heath Ledger and Bernie Mac, so I don't see why we should'nt have one for Natasha Richardson. Granted, it would have been better were this thread about honouring her memory instead of wishing the Neeson family well, and there are many grieving families around the world as well, but still I think this thread is a fine gesture and let's keep it civil. Truth be told, I wanted to start a thread like this to honour her memory after hearing the news of her passing but found a thread already up.

That aside, we'll miss you, Ms Richardson.
Last edited by Jedd the Jedi on Fri Mar 20, 2009 5:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jedd the Jedi

Postby Jettbacca » Fri Mar 20, 2009 5:35 am

R.I.P
Jettbacca

Postby SkwerlJones » Fri Mar 20, 2009 1:44 pm

Maybe we could just have a mourning/rest in peace type thread stickied, where everyone can write their thoughts and prayers about recently deceased. That way we wouldn't have 100 threads about people dieing, but we could still say our deepest wishes to their families and show are respects?
Last edited by SkwerlJones on Sat Mar 21, 2009 1:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
They're all wasted!
SkwerlJones

Postby 11Numb » Fri Mar 20, 2009 7:49 pm

^I don't think we have catch-all threads anymore.
Sad to see another great actress gone, after losing so much talent last year. RIP Natasha.
11Numb

Return to BCS 2.0