Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

Paypal HELP!!!

It's like the old BCS, except the 2.0 makes it fancy. Wondering why you can't post here? Check out the rules and expectations, and it all should be made clear...

Paypal HELP!!!

Postby bobalego » Sun Nov 20, 2011 5:42 pm

So recently, when I try to go to Paypal, I am always warned that the sites "certificate" can not be recognized. I understand what the warning is for but what the frik, when I proceed Paypal does in fact look screwed up. I have enough money in my account that I am scared to log in but where the heck else should I go to log in? I tried buying something on Ebay and same problem...any ideas?

Exact quote:
"Safari can't verify the identity of the website "www.paypal.com."

The certificate for this website is invalid. You might be connecting to a website that is pretending to be "www.paypal.com", which could put your confidential information at risk. Would you like to connect to the website anyway?

Show Certificate Cancel Continue

(Clicking Show certificate reveals this: " VeriSign Class 3 Public Primary Certification Authority - G5"

Like that helps at all....
bobalego

Re: Paypal HELP!!!

Postby bigospedros » Mon Nov 21, 2011 2:52 am

Does this Apple Discussion Forum page help you?

Several actions here ... resetting Safari and also checking your system time and date.
bigospedros
Staff Writer

Postby bobalego » Mon Nov 21, 2011 7:36 am

Thanks I tried the first two suggestions first one didn't work, but the second one did, so thank you!!!:

"HI,

Try something else. From your Safari Menu Bar click Safari/Preferences then select the Security tab.
Click: Show Cookies. Delete all the cookies for the sites you have problems with certificates.

Now relaunch Safari and try one of those sites.

*Delete one of the sites you had Bookmarked prior to the Safari update.* Then navigate to that site. See if you there's a verification issue. If not, then just add that site to your Bookmarks. Same for the rest."
bobalego

Postby Mofo Jones » Thu Nov 24, 2011 12:16 am

My wife uses Safari. If I use her Mac, I'm using Firefox.
Will Tactically Consult for money, food or LEGO.
Mofo Jones
Staff Writer

Return to BCS 2.0