Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

RIP Steve Jobs

It's like the old BCS, except the 2.0 makes it fancy. Wondering why you can't post here? Check out the rules and expectations, and it all should be made clear...

RIP Steve Jobs

Postby onions » Wed Oct 05, 2011 6:01 pm

We'll miss you.
onions
Founder
Founder

Re: RIP Steve Jobs

Postby dWhisper » Wed Oct 05, 2011 7:20 pm

I don't often put a lot of thought into the deaths of the celeb circuits, and it's a cliche too often thrown around, but the world is a darker place with him gone. He shaped the modern technical world, and there isn't anyone here, even if they don't own an Apple product, who wasn't touched by the vision he had for the world. He shaped the modern PC, user experiences, smartphones, portable music... pretty much everything.

RIP Steve. I'll miss what you gave still could have given us, and the world will miss you as well.

- Entered on my Mac, viewed on my iPad, checked on my iPhone.
If the above post didn't offend you, you're probably reading it wrong.
dWhisper

Postby Mofo Jones » Wed Oct 05, 2011 10:45 pm

dWhisper nailed it, so I'm not sure anything else needs to be said. RIP, Steve.
Will Tactically Consult for money, food or LEGO.
Mofo Jones
Staff Writer

Postby Rook » Thu Oct 06, 2011 6:27 am

Wonder what else he would have invented with another 20 years. :'(
Yea, though I walk through the valley...
Rook

Postby MrCRskater » Thu Oct 06, 2011 8:09 am

Many have been displeased with some policies and actions of the Apple company and decisions made by Jobs himself. But to emphasize dWhisper, Jobs had an enormous impact on the world. Of course, he was a revolutionary in the technology industry. But his influence runs much farther and deeper than many realize. iTunes and the iPod, for example, have absolutely turned the music industry on its head, which has given us musicians greater opportunity (I think) to develop our own business models and ultimately more artistic freedom. His ideas were surely as profoundly impactful in other spheres, as well. He was a remarkably creative person, the type that is only seen very rarely. For that, the world has lost a lot, and we will all miss him.
MrCRskater
Staff Writer

Postby Andi » Thu Oct 06, 2011 8:40 am

Nick said it very nice.
I also read a great quote at Facebook today "So long and thanks for the Apple".

He will be missed.
R.I.P Steve
~Andi
Flickr
Andi

Postby Marty » Mon Oct 17, 2011 12:49 am

Nicely said dWhisper, I got into computers because a guy like this made it so, he was way ahead of his time, and seen things differently from the norm.
He brought colour into computers, literally!
So that can't be all bad?
My only regret with Steve was that he pulled the plug on the Newton just when it was getting interesting.
It's because of him I now have a Macbook, iPad, iPod & iPhone they are joy to use, and I now understand ways of the Mac, RIP Steve, we'll miss you.

Ps. I still look at the Newton and wonder, what-if?
Marty

Postby volumex » Mon Oct 17, 2011 12:57 pm

One man, one machine that changed the way we operate our devices. Go Steve thanks again for the Apple! :D
volumex

Return to BCS 2.0