Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

Road Trip!

It's like the old BCS, except the 2.0 makes it fancy. Wondering why you can't post here? Check out the rules and expectations, and it all should be made clear...

Road Trip!

Postby Kyle » Fri Aug 19, 2011 5:48 pm

Hey y'all -- been a while since I last poked my head through the door, I know, but I still wanted to share some photos that I took over the past couple weeks. The wife and I drove from Austin, TX to Bozeman, MT and back -- 4 road days to get there, 5 days at the cabin and the surrounding area, and then 2 hellishly long days back home!

Here's all the stuff I took along the way.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/wazzul/col ... 376417468/

I hope everyone from these parts is happy and healthy and doing well. :)
Kyle

Re: Road Trip!

Postby Athos » Fri Sep 02, 2011 8:44 am

Very cool. I love road trips. How was Yellowstone, I'm planning a trip there at the end of the month.

Steve
Athos

Postby Andi » Sat Sep 03, 2011 2:13 am

Hi Kyle! Nice to hear from you!
Great photos, looks like you had a lot of fun on your road trip
~Andi

Flickr
Andi

Postby Athos » Tue Sep 06, 2011 2:58 pm

Any "must-see" sight recommendations? I'm planning to be there in less than two weeks... XD

Steve
Athos

Postby Kyle » Thu Sep 08, 2011 7:14 am

This was my second time in Yellowstone... all the geological features are pretty cool but my biggest recommendation is to find some time to hike on one of the non-feature trails. Once you're about a quarter mile from a parking lot or road it's amazing how far away the crowds suddenly seem.

Unless fishing is on your itinerary, I'd recommend spending as little time on the lower loop (lake, Old Faithful area) as possible -- it's waaay more touristy and way more congested. Definitely hit the Upper and Lower falls though (that's where all my waterfall shots came from). Mammoth Hot Springs is a bit dried up right now, unfortunately, but there's still a lot of good stuff to see.
Kyle

Return to BCS 2.0