Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

FBTB 3.0: Your feedback here!

It's like the old BCS, except the 2.0 makes it fancy. Wondering why you can't post here? Check out the rules and expectations, and it all should be made clear...

Re: FBTB 3.0: Your feedback here!

Postby Turkguy19 » Tue Feb 10, 2009 6:29 pm

Swoosh Factor wrote:My only immediate complaint is the new banner. Nice as it is, I don't think the depiction of somebody being decapitated at the top of every page really fits with the 'family friendly' nature of the site.

It's not a person....it's LEGO....no blood, no real gore....just LEGO....
Turkguy19

Postby Emperor » Tue Feb 10, 2009 6:30 pm

Oh come on swoosh, kids love violence! We're just reeling them in with it :lol:
Brickshelf | flickr
theJudeAbides wrote:be prepared to endure untold pain and a little something I refer to as "blue shell rape." Enjoy!
Emperor

Postby Solo » Tue Feb 10, 2009 6:30 pm

If it's good enough for Lucas, it's good enough for us. ;)
                                                                                                                           Image
Solo

Postby enchantedknight56 » Tue Feb 10, 2009 6:31 pm

Swoosh Factor wrote:My only immediate complaint is the new banner. Nice as it is, I don't think the depiction of somebody being decapitated at the top of every page really fits with the 'family friendly' nature of the site.

C'mon, Swoosh. Beheaded LEGO figs can appeal to the entire family. Even grandma and grandpa!
enchantedknight56

Postby Flynn » Tue Feb 10, 2009 6:41 pm

Turkguy19 wrote:It's not a person....it's LEGO....no blood, no real gore....just LEGO....

Au contraire, note how the red in the logo moves in an arc, starting at Anakin's lightsabers and ending at the disembodied head. ;)
joecrowaz on Flickr wrote:Flynn you little wussy with a purple robed fairy for an icon,

Flickr Brickshelf
Flynn

Postby Turkguy19 » Tue Feb 10, 2009 6:49 pm

That arc wouldn't even work as blood splater, and on top of that, there wouldn't be blood anyway.
Turkguy19

Postby keds » Tue Feb 10, 2009 6:57 pm

Swoosh Factor, I thought the same thing when I first saw it, but then I realized that it was the mods' way of depicting what would happen to those who didn't follow the rules ;)

p.s. Nice work Mike, is that Ace in the background?
keds

Postby Swoosh Factor » Tue Feb 10, 2009 6:59 pm

Turkguy19 wrote:It's not a person....it's LEGO....no blood, no real gore....just LEGO....

The medium does nothing to diminish the message. I don't think it's much of a stretch to think the image might get FBTB firewalled by some concerned parent solely by glancing at the banner. Of all the scenes and themes from SW that could be depicted, the cold blooded execution of a foe isn't one that springs quickly to mind.
Swoosh Factor

Postby Turkguy19 » Tue Feb 10, 2009 7:08 pm

One: You have to be 13 or older to be here.
Two: the scene was depicted in a PG-13 movie.

If a parent lets their 13 year old kid watch the movie, with real people in it, getting their body parts chopped off, then I don't see why a parent would have any problem with the same scene being depicted in LEGO.
Turkguy19

Postby Emperor » Tue Feb 10, 2009 7:10 pm

Any passerby parent who has or hasn't seen the movie wouldn't recognize the movie though, it takes someone with star wars knowledge to understand, and if the kid is dumb enough to explain it to his parents then he doesn't deserve the internet ;)
Brickshelf | flickr
theJudeAbides wrote:be prepared to endure untold pain and a little something I refer to as "blue shell rape." Enjoy!
Emperor

Postby Iare Tosevite » Tue Feb 10, 2009 7:34 pm

I'm not sure if it's just me or not, but when I mouseover stuff, the posts above certain point suddenly go gray? It's annoying when it happens while I'm reading that post.

Maybe little smaller title? Other than those two possible issues I love the new forum! :D
Where, where, where is correct way out?
Iare Tosevite

Postby Solo » Tue Feb 10, 2009 9:26 pm

The final answer on the header is we're simply not worried about a concerned parent barring their child from the site over it. I'm pretty sure that's one demographic that we don't need to worry about. Now can we move on?
                                                                                                                           Image
Solo

Postby Morgan19 » Tue Feb 10, 2009 9:37 pm

I think the ignore feature (your "Foe" list) is one of the best new functions... It's great to be able to not have to view constantly negative posters right off the bat. Yummy.

m19
Morgan19

Postby Solo » Tue Feb 10, 2009 9:46 pm

So that's what the foe list does... I thought it was just some marvelous tool to wear ones passive aggressiveness on their sleeve! :lol:
                                                                                                                           Image
Solo

Postby MrCRskater » Tue Feb 10, 2009 9:54 pm

New site looks great. I didn't think it made that big of a difference to me, but it is nice to have everything integrated into a single entity, thank you! I know they're still in the works, but I'm glad to hear that the set index/reviews are being retrieved and updated. The only thing I am missing at this point is a direct link to the FBTB photo stream on Flickr. Is it here and I just am not seeing it? What is the url for the stream (in the event that a link is not on the site here)?

EDIT: Found it!! It's tucked away, but as long as I know where it is it's no problem. EDIT AGAIN: New site looks virtually flawless. . .
Last edited by MrCRskater on Tue Feb 10, 2009 10:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MrCRskater
Staff Writer

Postby Firespray » Tue Feb 10, 2009 9:57 pm

MrCRskater wrote:New site looks great. I didn't think it made that big of a difference to me, but it is nice to have everything integrated into a single entity, thank you! I know they're still in the works, but I'm glad to hear that the set index/reviews are being retrieved and updated. The only thing I am missing at this point is a direct link to the FBTB photo stream on Flickr. Is it here and I just am not seeing it? What is the url for the stream (in the event that a link is not on the site here)?

The group url is http://flickr.com/groups/fbtb/. I liked seeing it on the frontpage too, hoping that banner is added back in too.
Firespray

Postby Mofo Jones » Wed Feb 11, 2009 12:13 am

Looks good so far, everybody. Thanks for all the hard work!
Will Tactically Consult for money, food or LEGO.
Mofo Jones
Staff Writer

Postby The Jinja Ninja » Wed Feb 11, 2009 1:19 am

Is there a place for Greg's comics on the new FBTB, or have they just been archived somewhere else? :?
The Jinja Ninja

Postby Chief » Wed Feb 11, 2009 1:31 am

Swoosh, for what it's worth, I think everyone on the staff had an initial reaction of "wow, that's dark" upon seeing the new art. But it grew on us, and I think you'll find yourself being fine with it, too. And who knows, maybe we'll implement a rotating banner system and find a happier scene to portray. Burning Lars' homestead, anyone?
Chief

Postby Jake » Wed Feb 11, 2009 5:15 am

Well I was rather hoping for a Tusken raider slaughter scene, but it's your choice... ;)
Jake

PreviousNext

Return to BCS 2.0