Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

FBTB 3.0: Your feedback here!

It's like the old BCS, except the 2.0 makes it fancy. Wondering why you can't post here? Check out the rules and expectations, and it all should be made clear...

Re: FBTB 3.0: Your feedback here!

Postby onions » Mon Feb 16, 2009 8:58 am

The old forums are still at http://www.fbtbforums.net/ for browsing.
onions
Founder
Founder

Postby Veers » Mon Feb 16, 2009 9:06 am

Solo wrote:I doubt it would be broken for a single user on a single section, there's probably one thread in there you haven't read. Possibly on the second page where it's less obvious.

Whoops, forgot there was a second page. :x
Bureacracy: You have two cows. The government says what and when you can feed them. You are paid not to, and the government takes your cows, shoots one and milks the other dry. You have to fill out forms accounting for missing cows.
Veers

Postby Jettbacca » Mon Feb 16, 2009 1:43 pm

Ace, are you both Onions and Ace on the forum? Because one of the first to join and also covering the Toy Fair is named Ace. I can't remember where I saw that post, but it wasn't on the main page
In the words of Dr.Evil- "All I want are some sharks with frickin' laser beams attached to their heads!"
Jettbacca

Postby onions » Mon Feb 16, 2009 2:30 pm

yes, i am ace, onions, and staff all rolled into one.....

that sounds sorta wrong...
onions
Founder
Founder

Postby theJudeAbides » Mon Feb 16, 2009 2:35 pm

But it also sounds delectible!:p

How does it taste? It tastes just like it smells... delicious!
The beauty of a LEGO MOC is not the elements that go into it, but the way those elements are put together.
theJudeAbides

Postby Solo » Mon Feb 16, 2009 2:37 pm

I was going to say but it feels so right. ;)
                                                                                                                           Image
Solo

Postby Big C » Mon Feb 16, 2009 5:03 pm

Big C

Postby Joedward » Mon Feb 16, 2009 6:59 pm

I know you're staff and all, and I know Turk is going to :roll: when he sees this (as will most of the staff) but still,
5. One account per person.
Creating multiple accounts, for any reason, is grounds for an immediate ban. If you have any problems logging into your account, contact the staff.

:shock: :O How could you Ace

;) But what do I care really, ah well.
~Ed
(that's Mr. Ed to you)

(T!!!!!!!T=:|[\########################################
Joedward

Postby BigBenKenobi » Mon Feb 16, 2009 7:02 pm

Even better than a zombie invasion/rebellion...a perfect reason to overthrow the forums :p . Just kidding, your the boss Ace.
Do or do not, there is no try - Yoda
BigBenKenobi

Postby Jedd the Jedi » Mon Feb 16, 2009 10:20 pm

Personally, I think the change of mood is welcome, the previous forums seemed like a fertile stomping ground for spammers and little kids. However, I think the reins should be slackened a little bit. I know Don and the rest of the administrative/moderation team want to maintain some order, but that doesn't mean you have to stamp out all the fun. I apologise for my mistakes on the forum, but Don's explanation sounded like something a strict teacher might say rather than the words of a moderator of a forum about Star Wars LEGO.
Jedd the Jedi

Postby Solo » Tue Feb 17, 2009 11:40 am

I'm not sure I know what specifically you're referring to... how I've been replying here, or how I was there?
                                                                                                                           Image
Solo

Postby onions » Tue Feb 17, 2009 2:27 pm

Jedd the Jedi wrote:Personally, I think the change of mood is welcome, the previous forums seemed like a fertile stomping ground for spammers and little kids. However, I think the reins should be slackened a little bit. I know Don and the rest of the administrative/moderation team want to maintain some order, but that doesn't mean you have to stamp out all the fun. I apologise for my mistakes on the forum, but Don's explanation sounded like something a strict teacher might say rather than the words of a moderator of a forum about Star Wars LEGO.

I'm not sure what you're referring to either. please elaborate.

btw, in case you haven't noticed, i shrank the header height by a total of 60 pixels. i suppose i could gain another 10 pixels off the top but i didn't like how that ended up looking.
onions
Founder
Founder

Postby Iare Tosevite » Tue Feb 17, 2009 7:11 pm

Onions it works for me. Looks pretty much the same yet less tall.
Where, where, where is correct way out?
Iare Tosevite

Postby Jedd the Jedi » Wed Feb 18, 2009 5:01 am

Solo wrote:I'm not sure I know what specifically you're referring to... how I've been replying here, or how I was there?

Personally I think everyone has been putting on their starched shirts while browsing the forums. It just doesn't feel as fun or as community-based as the old forums, even though many members are returning. Either that or it could just take some time. Also, the gleeful thread-locking was less rampant in the old forums. The "death of the catch-all threads" is a little awkward, even though I know the intention is good. Many of those threads were fairly useful, particularly the Movie Goodness thread, and one thread on a single movie might not last all that long.
Jedd the Jedi

Postby maggosh » Wed Feb 18, 2009 5:18 am

Meesa found a typo. Image

The Review Forum wrote:...1 thread per set (further reviews should just go in the same forum)...

Shouldn't it be 'same thread' instead?
 O o
 /¯/___________________________
|
 \_\¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
maggosh

Postby Master Fetty » Wed Feb 18, 2009 5:36 am

Am I the only one who thinks the Set Review decription is too long? I know its so that everyone understands the rules, but no one really reads them anyway. It just makes the site look less organised than it should.
Master Fetty

Postby Big C » Wed Feb 18, 2009 7:02 am

Jedd the Jedi wrote:Personally I think everyone has been putting on their starched shirts while browsing the forums. It just doesn't feel as fun or as community-based as the old forums, even though many members are returning. Either that or it could just take some time.

You answered your own question there. It does take time. New site, new look, new rules, new attitude. We're taking in a crapload of new members (which is friggin' sweet), in case you didn't notice, and we need to approach everything with a fresh and official attitude. Once everyone settles into the new digs, things will be a bit less starch-y. :)

Jedd the Jedi wrote:Also, the gleeful thread-locking was less rampant in the old forums.

Nope, absolutely not true. It just looks that way because you never saw the Trash Can in the old forum. Trust me, it's much better here. ;)

Jedd the Jedi wrote:The "death of the catch-all threads" is a little awkward, even though I know the intention is good. Many of those threads were fairly useful, particularly the Movie Goodness thread, and one thread on a single movie might not last all that long.

Yep! And yet, life goes on. :)

Master Fetty wrote:Am I the only one who thinks the Set Review description is too long? I know its so that everyone understands the rules, but no one really reads them anyway. It just makes the site look less organised than it should.

Yeah, it's a tad longer than normal. But it's the best way for us to get the point across in terms of how we want people to participate in that forum. It's just gonna take some getting used to. :)
Big C

Postby theJudeAbides » Wed Feb 18, 2009 7:53 am

I think part of the problem is that we don't see the mods posting "for fun" as much as on the old forums (with the possible exception of Don). I'm assuming that this is mainly due to the fact that the mods are busy fixing problems and validating new users. However, it does an effect on how people post.

I mean look around, find me a post made by dWhisper that isn't about rules, regulations, or some other form of laying down the law. And all around we see onions and don locking threads (especially in the Suggestions forum). Now, these things in and of themselves aren't bad. But I think before everyone else can lighten up, we need to see the mods lighten up. I think my previous analogy of "the first day of school" still applies, because we're not sure if our "teachers" (the mods) are going to be the cool type who let things slide or if they're going to be all disciplinarian, cracking down on every little slip-up. Everyone is tip-toeing around, not wanting to be the first to screw up and thus made an example of.

After all, we all know that the mods have shiny new ban-hammers that are in desperate need of breaking in. XD
The beauty of a LEGO MOC is not the elements that go into it, but the way those elements are put together.
theJudeAbides

Postby onions » Wed Feb 18, 2009 10:19 am

i've been waaay too busy improving the site to post anything "fun".

but that could also be because i'm a sourpuss in real life.
onions
Founder
Founder

Postby Solo » Wed Feb 18, 2009 10:47 am

I... I just can't win. Old forum I was sarcastic and laid back about modding, and I get called a jerk for it; new forum I'm more courteous and clear and I get called a school teacher. If you look past the locks you'll see that I haven't been rabidly attacking members for asking repeated questions, or berating anyone for their crappy posting habits - I'm being nice for the most part. I can go back to being a full on prick if it makes everyone's experience here better some how... :S
                                                                                                                           Image
Solo

PreviousNext

Return to BCS 2.0