Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

Help nathan Buy Firefly

It's like the old BCS, except the 2.0 makes it fancy. Wondering why you can't post here? Check out the rules and expectations, and it all should be made clear...

Help nathan Buy Firefly

Postby Wash » Thu Feb 24, 2011 6:49 am

Hello all as some of you may of heard during a recent EW interview Nathan Fillion, Star of the great show that once was, said this " If I got $300 million from the California Lottery, the first thing I would do is buy the rights to Firefly, make it on my own, and distribute it on the Internet." fans and some of the shows writers jumped on board and now are trying to bring Firefly back. What do you think about this, I think its great and would love to see new episodes again, anyone else?
Heres a link to their official website and their facebook page
Wash

Re: Help nathan Buy Firefly

Postby Draykov » Thu Feb 24, 2011 8:10 am

http://screenrant.com/nathan-fillion-bu ... id-102683/

While I loved Firefly and Serenity, I don't know that this social networking campaign has any legs...and that might be a good thing. In an age when things that were once awesome are run into the ground and ruined forever, I'd be skeptical of a relaunched series, particularly if the same creative teams (i.e. Whedon, Minear et al) were not involved.

Part of me would love to see it continue, part of me thinks it'd be best to let it rest in peace for fear of having if defiled.
Hail Space!
Draykov

Postby MisterFubar » Thu Feb 24, 2011 8:14 am

As much as I loved Firefly, I don't think it's something that would be done right if they brought it back.

Besides, I want Nathan Fillion to keep working on Castle, I love that show.
MisterFubar

Postby Solo » Thu Feb 24, 2011 11:49 am

I'm one of those fans that loves the show but thinks a fund raiser of this caliber to buy the rights based on a joke about lottery winnings is taking things too far. Especially because it's already on the internet. Instead, this new upwelling of interest should be aimed at more charity work in the name of the show, like the yearly Serenity Now screenings across the world.
                                                                                                                           Image
Solo

Postby Wash » Thu Feb 24, 2011 3:39 pm

I think as long as the original cast was in a new series It would be pretty good, even if it was in new hands it would still be worth watching, although unless they made it take place before the movie it wouldn't have Wash. I like Wash.
Wash

Postby cas » Thu Feb 24, 2011 5:25 pm

It's dead, Jim. People really need to let this show go. The denial that exists in some fans astounds me. It was on Fox. It was sci-fi. It was a perfect storm, as unfortunate as it was.

Bring back SGU!
cas
Staff Writer

Postby Solo » Thu Feb 24, 2011 8:17 pm

You know, I wouldn't go that far cas. This intense fanaticism is how the failed TV show was turned into a failed movie. They're both clearing the red now, it just took way too long for a studio to revisit on their own. But hey, it worked before, what's to say it won't work again? Although seriously, for $300 million you could fund two sequels to the film doubling the budget each time and still have enough left over for a second season. Nathan was thinking small time if he's just eyeing distribution rights for the show... or he figured he'd have something else reserving the bulk of his hypothetical wad of cash and that was merely a flippant & whimsical answer in the interview.
                                                                                                                           Image
Solo

Postby Solo » Fri Feb 25, 2011 3:19 pm

http://twitter.com/#!/NathanFillion/sta ... 2423141376
It's beautiful to dream of more Firefly, but PLEASE DON'T SEND ANY MONEY. Just keep being great Browncoats, which you are!
                                                                                                                           Image
Solo

Postby Daz Hoo » Mon Feb 28, 2011 3:03 pm

It think that last message on Twitter settles that discussion.

If this franchise still has a future, I think a sequel to the movie would be a good place to start, but that's just me and what I thought after re-watching the movie on TV a few weeks ago.
Daz Hoo

Postby dWhisper » Fri Mar 04, 2011 8:31 am

I had this on my Facebook for some time, but they are all sorts of spammy with too many pointless updates. It's an interesting cause, but to be fair, I want it done right more than anything. And I don't see that happening through a grassroots action like this. Firefly is a beautiful thing, and a wonderful show killed well before it's time. But that being said, I'm not sure how it could still be picked up and made in that same vein, given all the scrutiny on it after the fact.
If the above post didn't offend you, you're probably reading it wrong.
dWhisper

Return to BCS 2.0