Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

DSLR-Camera?

It's like the old BCS, except the 2.0 makes it fancy. Wondering why you can't post here? Check out the rules and expectations, and it all should be made clear...

Re: DSLR-Camera?

Postby onions » Tue Mar 15, 2011 11:11 pm

Andi wrote:btw, I returned my Sony. It is a dream to own a DSLR camera, but right now I cannot (really) afford this dream. Unfortunately.
With the Sony and the lenses I used, I could not really see a difference to the photos I made with my Canon Powershot or Sony Cybershot, so I guess it was not worth to pay 800 Euro for it.

this is precisely the point i was trying to make. most people can't see a difference, and don't need all the extra features of a dslr. a good point and shoot will work just as well for most consumers and even hobbyists.
onions
Founder
Founder

Re: DSLR-Camera?

Postby Andi » Wed Mar 16, 2011 3:31 am

onions wrote:this is precisely the point i was trying to make. most people can't see a difference, and don't need all the extra features of a dslr.

so, what equipment would you need that there is a difference?
Or is there never a difference in 'normal' photos in the area between 30 and 200mm?
Is the advantage of a DSLR only there when you want to shoot ultra-wide-angle photos (maybe even fisheye), macro or portraits with blurred background or things where you need to manually focus?
~Andi
Flickr
Andi

Previous

Return to BCS 2.0