Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

AAAHHHHH iMovie HELP!!!!

It's like the old BCS, except the 2.0 makes it fancy. Wondering why you can't post here? Check out the rules and expectations, and it all should be made clear...

AAAHHHHH iMovie HELP!!!!

Postby bobalego » Tue Nov 09, 2010 6:37 pm

I have made several movies on iMovie on my Mac, I know I could or should probably delete the source video that are taking up hard drive space on my computer but I should still have plenty of room for a short 55 minute video. So I am about ready to shoot my computer. Not because my Mac is bad but because when an error message comes up there is not one good place to find out what it means...I have searched and searched to find out what "Error code -34" means...sounds like the Emperors Order 66...except at least we know what Order 66 means...please help me. I am trying to "share" in the Media browser my film to then use to create a DVD. The film is less than an hour long, uses no outside music, only has film from a Sony camera and photos from a Canon...why oh why does it take over an hour to process only to then tell me this error message. Three times it failed today. I deleted several things from the video thinking this was the problem but it was not...any ideas for an expert here? Either way thanks for reading my rant...
bobalego

Re: AAAHHHHH iMovie HELP!!!!

Postby Arkov » Thu Nov 11, 2010 6:52 am

Error -34 means there isn't enough disk space to save your movie, it takes up about three times the finished file size to actually save the movie. You could try saving the movie to your computer and then burning the DVD outside of iMovie.
I haven't used iMovie for about a year now because it's so stupid; Apple makes a lot of good products but iMovie isn't one of them.
Arkov

Postby onions » Fri Nov 12, 2010 10:34 pm

imovie took a turn around 2005? frak i don't remember exactly but one year they introduced a new version that was so bad people would reinstall their old version.

anyways, that being said, i think arkov hit the nail on the head. doing any lengthy video project, you should always have a spare terabyte or two just so that imovie can render.
onions
Damp Noodle

Postby Andi » Sat Nov 13, 2010 3:16 am

a spare terabyte??? And what if your HDD is only 100GB big?
Wow, is that iMovie 'resource hungry'!
~Andi

Flickr
Andi

Postby Robzula » Sat Nov 13, 2010 9:11 pm

Hyperbole, dude.
Robzula
Staff Writer

Postby onions » Sun Nov 14, 2010 1:32 pm

every movie editing software needs a lot of scratch disk space just for rendering preview clips. final output will require the most space.
onions
Damp Noodle

Postby bobalego » Thu Nov 18, 2010 6:35 am

Yeah thanks for the advice, the problem was solved once I understood that strange issue...I had to go back and delete the files of three previously made idvd's. The production of an idvd takes up so much space that when I deleted the three I had 22 GB of free space reintroduced to my mac...thanks guys.
bobalego

Return to BCS 2.0