Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

A little Monday tech support humor for y'all...

It's like the old BCS, except the 2.0 makes it fancy. Wondering why you can't post here? Check out the rules and expectations, and it all should be made clear...

A little Monday tech support humor for y'all...

Postby Big C » Mon Sep 13, 2010 12:57 pm

For those of you who don't know, I'm a computer lab manager at a local high school here in Arlington. Occasionally, I have to turn in a service ticket for a computer when I need a district tech to come out and take a look at it. On these service tickets, we are required to list troubleshooting attempts of any sort. Of course, sometimes, there's not really anything you can do in terms of troubleshooting. So that's when I get creative...

Big C

Re: A little Monday tech support humor for y'all...

Postby Big C » Tue Sep 14, 2010 12:38 pm

The complete and utter lack of responses tells me y'all are paralyzed with laughter. I am so sorry, please don't sue.
Big C

Postby Solo » Tue Sep 14, 2010 1:33 pm

What do you expect dude, it was Monday for everyone else too. :|
                                                                                                                           Image
Solo

Postby HoboBob1138 » Tue Sep 14, 2010 2:01 pm

This is hilarious. It took a sec for me to figure out what you were talking about, but when I found it I laughed out loud. Sounds like something I would do. I wonder what the tech on the other end thought about this.
No matter the distance, no matter how far
HoboBob1138

Postby Robzula » Tue Sep 14, 2010 4:40 pm

Big C wrote:The complete and utter lack of responses tells me y'all are paralyzed with laughter. I am so sorry, please don't sue.

Well... I mean we could all say "haha, you're a funny guy" but... This thread just doesn't have a lot of conversation value. I suppose we could all put down our little antics we do at work, but that wasn't the original intent of the thread so still.
Robzula
Staff Writer

Postby Big C » Tue Sep 14, 2010 4:58 pm

Robzula wrote:Well... I mean we could all say "haha, you're a funny guy" but... This thread just doesn't have a lot of conversation value. I suppose we could all put down our little antics we do at work, but that wasn't the original intent of the thread so still.

... But you're not gonna sue me, right?

I'm not around much these days, so obviously my crap humor is lost on some folks. Rest assured, I'm not really looking for replies. I just got a kick out of the fact that this post had 32 views and no replies. :D

Don wrote:What do you expect dude, it was Monday for everyone else too. :|

NO U. <3
Big C

Postby dWhisper » Tue Sep 14, 2010 6:46 pm

I once wrote in a ticket when I worked at Gateway that referred to a hard drive as going to hard drive heaven.
If the above post didn't offend you, you're probably reading it wrong.
dWhisper

Postby Andi » Wed Sep 15, 2010 2:15 am

Is anything known about the reaction of the ticket receiver?
~Andi

Flickr
Andi

Postby Mofo Jones » Wed Sep 15, 2010 8:50 am

Big C, it's a funny ticket, but instead of LOL'ing, I was thinking of how you'd attach the scissor mechanism to the wood key, even if you were to successfully whittle out a new <- key. Then I was thinking of how cool a wooden keyboard would be, so a quick Google led me here. I'd rather see one in a darker wood, so further Googling produced this site, which is in German (obviously not a problem for Andi), and has a selection of wood keyboards. They're neat, but I don't think they're gonna corner the market anytime soon.

edit: link fixin'
Will Tactically Consult for money, food or LEGO.
Mofo Jones
Staff Writer

Postby Solo » Wed Sep 15, 2010 11:25 am

And now I want a classy wooden keyboard. Thanks Mojo. :roll:
                                                                                                                           Image
Solo

Postby Big C » Wed Sep 15, 2010 12:32 pm

Mofo Jones wrote:Big C, it's a funny ticket, but instead of LOL'ing, I was thinking of how you'd attach the scissor mechanism to the wood key, even if you were to successfully whittle out a new <- key. Then I was thinking of how cool a wooden keyboard would be, so a quick Google led me here. I'd rather see one in a darker wood, so further Googling produced this site, which is in German (obviously not a problem for Andi), and has a selection of wood keyboards. They're neat, but I don't think they're gonna corner the market anytime soon.

edit: link fixin'

Hooray for ADD! Haha

Andi, no word yet. Though I did put on a new ticket today that one of my computers has the blinking red light of doom. XD
Big C

Postby Andi » Wed Sep 15, 2010 12:55 pm

Solo wrote:And now I want a classy wooden keyboard. Thanks Mojo. :roll:

me too... :roll:
~Andi

Flickr
Andi

Postby Mofo Jones » Wed Sep 15, 2010 2:49 pm

I don't have - SQUIRREL! - ADD. I've just had to put keys back onto my wife's iBook keyboard recently because our 13 month old loves to pop em off, thus the scissors mechanism thought.

And who's this "Mojo" character, anyway? ;)

Anyway, I apologize to those of you who now want a wood keyboard due to my Googling. However, if you are in the market for a regular keyboard, I have a Logitech Wave and really like it.
Will Tactically Consult for money, food or LEGO.
Mofo Jones
Staff Writer

Return to BCS 2.0