Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

Your Personal Champions

It's like the old BCS, except the 2.0 makes it fancy. Wondering why you can't post here? Check out the rules and expectations, and it all should be made clear...

Your Personal Champions

Postby Jedd the Jedi » Sun Feb 22, 2009 12:30 am

During a character education workshop at school, we were asked to list down some personal champions who have inspired us. It sounds cheesy, but I actually think the exercise has a point and it's good to think of people who make you the way you are. So, do share some of your personal champions. It could be a grandfather who fought in the war, a caring teacher, a political or social activist, a celebrity or even a fictional character. Here's my list from that day:

Dad. He is very capable despite having a rough and under-priveleged childhood. He never shirks his responsibilities and always provides for us kids and Mum. Champion mindset: responsible and determined.

Batman. Despite having experienced a traumatic incident in his childhood, he overcomes his grief, using intelligence and wealth to combat crime. Champion mindset: Obsessive, seeker of justice

Indiana Jones. He balances academic intelligence and expertise in the field and is equally able in both areas, constantly unfazed by huge challenges. Champion mindset: work/life blance, perserverance

Angus MacGyver: He solves problems using ingenious methods and is deidicated the helping the less-forutnate. Champion mindset: creative, problem-solver, compassionate
Jedd the Jedi

Re: Your Personal Champions

Postby Darth Caedus » Sun Feb 22, 2009 12:50 pm

My personal champion? Chuck Norris. Nuff said.

(My mom is definitely a role model, which is synonymous with personal champion IMO)
Darth Caedus

Postby Teekay » Wed Feb 25, 2009 5:23 pm

We can't let this die...

My personal hero is Yoda. His focus and compassion inspire me.

~Sam (Teekay)
I don't know why I dropped back here again lately. LEGO can no longer hold my interest, and I'm almost certainly gone forever. Bye to all who remember me.
Teekay

Location: Haven't been on in nearly a year. Probably gone forever. Nostalgia brought me back one last time.

Postby DestructiveDelirium » Sat Feb 28, 2009 5:14 am

It is very hard to pinpoint a few people who have had a big impact on my life. I guess the only examples of that would be my parents, the good and the bad. But alot of who I am is to do with pretty much anyone I see on a daily basis. Some people who I like and respect, they show me good values. And then people who I dislike, they show me things I DON'T want to be like.
DestructiveDelirium

Postby Xiphos Systems » Sun Mar 01, 2009 3:50 pm

I get kinda tired hearing how everyone's heroes are their mom and pop. Maybe that's just 'cause mine aren't, I don't know. I mean, I love them dearly, I respect them, and they've been hugely positive influences on my life, but they're not paragons of virtue, justice, honor, determination, or anything else usually associated with heroes.

A personal hero of mine is Steve Irwin, rest in peace. Now, here's a guy who absolutely loves what he does, and wants to share his love for all of nature with everyone else. He went way out of his way and put his life on the line to introduce humanity to the natural world it was forgetting, and I'm sure he managed to introduce a lot of compassion into people's hearts. Some people may think he's corny, some Aussies may think he's as stereotypical a spokesman for Australia as Crocodile Dundee was, but I've got a huge amount of respect for him. He truly had a driven, honorable, and compassionate soul.
Xiphos Systems

Postby Jedd the Jedi » Sun Mar 01, 2009 7:51 pm

I think what you've said is very true Xiphos. Many peoples' role models or heroes aren't necessarily their Mum or Dad, but even if they are I can respect that.

I agree with you on Steve Irwin. He was a passionate, fun-loving and also compassionate soul who dedicated his life to education and conservation. Sure, he might have been an over-the-top personality on screen, but he made the world of wild animals such as snakes, crocodiles and marine mammals that much more accessible to us. I also like his aw-shucks love story about him and his widow Terri, and admire that she travels the world supporting him on and off-screen. When he passed, a local newspaper ran an insensitive "orbituary" almost saying he deserved hi death. I wrote in to respond and got my letter defending Irwin and his memory published.
Jedd the Jedi

Return to BCS 2.0